|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
2. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Fighter pilots.
(b) Battalion leaders.
(c) Allied commanders.
(d) Submarine captains.
3. Where is Rommel on June 4?
(b) Visiting his wife.
(d) Inspecting the Atlantic Wall.
4. Where is the German army's last offensive on the Eastern Front?
5. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
(b) Toy crickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many airplanes per month is the U.S. producing by the end of 1943?
2. What is Maj. John Howard's D Company known as?
3. Where do Rommel and Eisenhower first engage in battle?
4. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
5. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Calvados coast of Normandy chosen as the landing site for the D-Day invasion?
2. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
3. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
4. What is the experience of the troops in the Higgins boats as they are boarded to take part in the invasion?
5. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
6. What goes wrong with many of the paratroopers' jumps during the invasion?
7. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
8. Why does Hitler order German physicists to abandon work on developing the atomic bomb?
9. What causes the panzer unit to arrive fourteen days late to Normandy?
10. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)