|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
(a) West Point.
(c) Notre Dame.
2. How many minesweepers clear the Channel for the Allies?
3. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
4. What does Rommel say he wants to be when the war ends?
(b) Electrical engineer.
(c) Hydraulic engineer.
5. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many phases has the Assault Training Center broken down into?
2. What do Allied troops eat three meals a day before the invasion?
3. What compounds Germany's strategic problems as the war goes on?
4. How many infantrymen crowd into the boats carrying them to the beach?
5. The Germans have an elite tank division, but lack the ______to sustain operations.
Short Essay Questions
1. What roles do Rommel and Eisenhower have in World War I?
2. How does the British airborne fare in comparison to the dismal deployment of the American paratroopers?
3. What are the exact numbers of Allied bombers and fighters that take part in D-Day?
4. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
5. What plans do the Allies make to breach the Atlantic Wall?
6. Why is the Calvados coast of Normandy chosen as the landing site for the D-Day invasion?
7. While the Allies train obsessively, how are the Germans conducting training?
8. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
9. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
10. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)