|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Germans guarding the artillery posts do to pass time in April and May?
(a) Dig trenches.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Fortify the Atlantic Wall.
(d) Write letters home.
2. Who is against the initial plans for the British airborne forces to take Caen?
3. What is the name for the German navy?
4. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
(d) Toy crickets.
5. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
2. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
3. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
4. What does SOS stand for?
5. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the weather effect the start of the invasion?
2. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
3. How do the British and American armies differ?
4. What goes wrong with many of the paratroopers' jumps during the invasion?
5. What are the similarities in the backgrounds of Eisenhower and Rommel?
6. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
7. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
8. What is the reason the Allies needed a soil sample from Calvados before a final decision could be made?
9. What causes the panzer unit to arrive fourteen days late to Normandy?
10. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)