|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Russian army called?
(d) Red Army.
2. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
(a) Sucker squads.
(b) Suicide squads.
(c) Second squads.
(d) Silence squads.
3. What does the French girl leading Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear and his team to the bridges want them to blow up instead?
(a) A church.
(b) A tank.
(c) Polish POWs.
(d) German headquarters.
4. What is the name for the German army?
5. Where is the most extensive Assault Training Center?
(c) Slapton Sands.
(d) West Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the SHAEF stand for?
2. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
3. At what hour on June 4 does Eisenhower give the order to proceed with the invasion?
4. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
5. How many divisions do the Allies have in France when they first meet German troops in 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hitler believe an Anglo-American offensive poses a greater threat to Germany than the Russians?
2. What role do the hedgerows along the French coast play in the battle of D-Day?
3. Why is the Calvados coast of Normandy chosen as the landing site for the D-Day invasion?
4. What is the first movement of the invasion?
5. What are the plans for taking Omaha beach?
6. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
7. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
8. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
9. What roles do Rommel and Eisenhower have in World War I?
10. What are the "sausages" the Allies refer to?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)