|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
(a) American spies.
(b) French Resistance.
(c) Polish POWs.
(d) Jewish prisoners.
2. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
(a) 1000 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
3. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
(a) Elite troops.
(b) Vengeance weapons.
4. Who wants to sign onto the crew of one the King of England's ships?
(b) Prince Edward.
5. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
(b) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
(c) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(d) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the top of Churchill's list of "Worries of a Commander"?
2. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
3. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
4. What river is a boundary between the German's Fifteenth and Seventh army divisions, providing an area of weakness for the Allies?
5. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the similarities in the backgrounds of Eisenhower and Rommel?
2. Why does Hitler believe an Anglo-American offensive poses a greater threat to Germany than the Russians?
3. How does the British airborne fare in comparison to the dismal deployment of the American paratroopers?
4. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
5. What are the striking differences between Rommel and Eisenhower?
6. How do the British and American armies differ?
7. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
8. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
9. Why does Hitler order German physicists to abandon work on developing the atomic bomb?
10. While the Allies train obsessively, how are the Germans conducting training?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)