|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river is a boundary between the German's Fifteenth and Seventh army divisions, providing an area of weakness for the Allies?
2. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) The Longest Day.
(b) Catch 22.
(c) Fall to Arms.
(d) Catcher in the Rye.
3. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
(a) Dan Rather.
(b) Mike Wallace.
(c) Walter Cronkite.
(d) Ernie Pyle.
4. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) German oil reserves.
(b) German artillery stockpiles.
(c) French railway system.
(d) French and German farms.
5. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
(b) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(c) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
(d) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
2. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
3. What do Allied troops eat three meals a day before the invasion?
4. What are B-24s known as?
5. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong with many of the paratroopers' jumps during the invasion?
2. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
3. What role do the hedgerows along the French coast play in the battle of D-Day?
4. What causes the panzer unit to arrive fourteen days late to Normandy?
5. What are the striking differences between Rommel and Eisenhower?
6. What are the "sausages" the Allies refer to?
7. How does the British airborne fare in comparison to the dismal deployment of the American paratroopers?
8. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
9. What is the role of the normally heralded fighter pilots?
10. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)