|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
2. What does SOS stand for?
(a) Supply or Services.
(b) Services of Supply.
(c) Service of Ships.
(d) Save Our Ships.
3. Who is praised by Eisenhower as "the man who won the war for us"?
(a) James Clark Wilson.
(b) William Rockefeller.
(c) Andrew Jackson Higgins.
(d) Henry Ransom Paulding.
4. What are B-24s known as?
(b) Flying Fortresses.
(c) Freedom Fighters.
5. What does Rommel say he wants to be when the war ends?
(b) Electrical engineer.
(c) Hydraulic engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pegasus Bridge is on which river?
2. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
3. What are B-26s known as?
4. What is H-Hour scheduled to be on D-Day?
5. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Allies' "Transportation Plan" versus the "Oil Plan"?
2. What goes wrong with many of the paratroopers' jumps during the invasion?
3. What is the experience of the troops in the Higgins boats as they are boarded to take part in the invasion?
4. Why is the Calvados coast of Normandy chosen as the landing site for the D-Day invasion?
5. What are the two problems the Allies face when planning to fight the Germans on the French coast?
6. What is operation Fortitude?
7. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
8. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
9. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
10. What is the reason the Allies needed a soil sample from Calvados before a final decision could be made?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)