|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One soldier compared riding a LCT to all of the following EXCEPT for _____________.
(a) Roller coaster.
(b) Terrible hangover.
(d) Bucking bronco.
2. What are the "Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel" (LCVP) also known as?
(a) Omaha Boats.
(b) U Boats.
(c) Safety Boats.
(d) Eureka Boats.
3. Who wants to sign onto the crew of one the King of England's ships?
(a) Prince Edward.
4. What are B-17s known as?
(a) Flying Fortresses.
(b) Freedom Fighters.
5. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Allies' best source for information about the Atlantic Wall?
2. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
3. How many airplanes per month is the U.S. producing by the end of 1943?
4. Who is against the initial plans for the British airborne forces to take Caen?
5. The ME-262's are to be known as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hitler believe an Anglo-American offensive poses a greater threat to Germany than the Russians?
2. How do the British and American armies differ?
3. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
4. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
5. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
6. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
7. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
8. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
9. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
10. Why do the Germans surrender Utah beach?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)