Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(c) War paint.
2. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
(c) Le Harve.
3. What is the name for the German army?
4. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
5. More than 40 years later, what does German commander Luck believe would have been key to turning the battle?
(a) Controlling the villages.
(b) Controlling the bridges.
(c) Controlling the beaches.
(d) Taking more POWs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Russian army called?
2. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
3. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
4. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
5. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Allies' "Transportation Plan" versus the "Oil Plan"?
2. Why does Hitler order German physicists to abandon work on developing the atomic bomb?
3. What is the reason the Allies needed a soil sample from Calvados before a final decision could be made?
4. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
5. What is the role of the normally heralded fighter pilots?
6. What are the exact numbers of Allied bombers and fighters that take part in D-Day?
7. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
8. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
9. What plans do the Allies make to breach the Atlantic Wall?
10. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)