|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rommel say he wants to be when the war ends?
(c) Hydraulic engineer.
(d) Electrical engineer.
2. Where is the soldier from who forgets his name when asked by Eisenhower?
3. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
4. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
5. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
2. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
3. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill meet with Stalin in 1943?
4. What are the panzer units in the German army?
5. How many infantry divisions does Germany have in France when they first meet the Allies on the French coast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Black American soldiers treated during World War II?
2. How do the British gather intelligence about the French coast?
3. What does Eisenhower say in the orders given out as troops head to the invasion site?
4. How do the commanders and leaders feel about the D-Day plans by the time of the May 15 dress rehearsal?
5. What are the similarities in the backgrounds of Eisenhower and Rommel?
6. How does the weather effect the start of the invasion?
7. Why does Hitler order German physicists to abandon work on developing the atomic bomb?
8. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
9. What effect does World War II have on the American economy?
10. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)