|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
2. How long is the flight over England and the Channel for the paratroopers?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 4 hours.
3. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) Fall to Arms.
(b) Catch 22.
(c) The Longest Day.
(d) Catcher in the Rye.
4. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
5. What are B-26s known as?
(a) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
2. Who is praised by Eisenhower as "the man who won the war for us"?
3. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
4. What is H-Hour scheduled to be on D-Day?
5. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the weather effect the start of the invasion?
2. What are the "sausages" the Allies refer to?
3. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
4. What is the Allies' "Transportation Plan" versus the "Oil Plan"?
5. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
6. What is the fourth front for Germany?
7. How do the British gather intelligence about the French coast?
8. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
9. What happens with the three bridges the Allies had predetermined to destroy in the opening phase of the invasion?
10. What do Eisenhower's subordinates think of him as a leader?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)