|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the bomber pilots think is Hitler's "secret weapon"?
(a) Low lying wires.
2. What are the panzer units in the German army?
(a) Special operations.
3. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
4. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
5. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(a) Le Harve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
2. What compounds Germany's strategic problems as the war goes on?
3. How many minesweepers clear the Channel for the Allies?
4. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
5. What is the name for the German navy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Black American soldiers treated during World War II?
2. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
3. What happens with the three bridges the Allies had predetermined to destroy in the opening phase of the invasion?
4. How do the British and American armies differ?
5. What roles do Rommel and Eisenhower have in World War I?
6. Why does Hitler order German physicists to abandon work on developing the atomic bomb?
7. What causes the panzer unit to arrive fourteen days late to Normandy?
8. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
9. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
10. What role do the hedgerows along the French coast play in the battle of D-Day?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)