|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Russian army called?
(a) Red Army.
2. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
3. What do the bomber pilots think is Hitler's "secret weapon"?
(d) Low lying wires.
4. Where is the German army's last offensive on the Eastern Front?
5. Many of the German divisions are waiting on orders from whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
2. Who is praised by Eisenhower as "the man who won the war for us"?
3. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
4. Where do the Germans build the Atlantic Wall?
5. What are B-26s known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
2. What is the fourth front for Germany?
3. What are the two problems the Allies face when planning to fight the Germans on the French coast?
4. Why is the Calvados coast of Normandy chosen as the landing site for the D-Day invasion?
5. What is the reason the Allies needed a soil sample from Calvados before a final decision could be made?
6. How are Black American soldiers treated during World War II?
7. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
8. How do the British gather intelligence about the French coast?
9. What are the "sausages" the Allies refer to?
10. What are the plans for taking Omaha beach?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)