|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Allies want the Germans to believe the D-Day invasion would be?
2. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
3. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
(a) Sally Struthers.
(b) Greta Von Sallisord.
(c) Molly Anderson.
(d) Midge Gillars.
4. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
(a) Toy crickets.
5. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
(a) Col. Good.
(b) Brig. General Cota.
(c) Capt. Miller.
(d) Col. Van Fleet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are B-24s known as?
2. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
3. What are B-17s known as?
4. What are the "Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel" (LCVP) also known as?
5. How long is the flight over England and the Channel for the paratroopers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of the normally heralded fighter pilots?
2. What causes the panzer unit to arrive fourteen days late to Normandy?
3. What are the striking differences between Rommel and Eisenhower?
4. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
5. How does the weather effect the start of the invasion?
6. What plans do the Allies make to breach the Atlantic Wall?
7. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
8. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
9. What do Eisenhower's subordinates think of him as a leader?
10. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)