|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river is a boundary between the German's Fifteenth and Seventh army divisions, providing an area of weakness for the Allies?
2. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
(a) Sally Struthers.
(b) Greta Von Sallisord.
(c) Molly Anderson.
(d) Midge Gillars.
3. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
4. How many infantrymen crowd into the boats carrying them to the beach?
5. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
2. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
3. What is the name of Eisenhower's dog that he acquires during the war?
4. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
5. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of the normally heralded fighter pilots?
2. What are the similarities in the backgrounds of Eisenhower and Rommel?
3. What roles do Rommel and Eisenhower have in World War I?
4. What are the plans for taking Omaha beach?
5. What is the fourth front for Germany?
6. How do the commanders and leaders feel about the D-Day plans by the time of the May 15 dress rehearsal?
7. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
8. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
9. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
10. What is the first movement of the invasion?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)