|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
(a) June 15.
(b) May 15.
(c) June 5.
(d) May 1.
2. How many minesweepers clear the Channel for the Allies?
3. The ME-262's are to be known as what?
(a) Troop carriers.
(c) Fighter jets.
(d) Spy planes.
4. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
5. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
(b) Toy crickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
2. What are the Freiwilligen?
3. What is the date that Eisenhower originally sets for D-Day?
4. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
5. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is operation Fortitude?
2. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
3. What is the reason the Allies needed a soil sample from Calvados before a final decision could be made?
4. What is the Allies' "Transportation Plan" versus the "Oil Plan"?
5. How are Black American soldiers treated during World War II?
6. Why is the Calvados coast of Normandy chosen as the landing site for the D-Day invasion?
7. How do the British gather intelligence about the French coast?
8. How does the weather effect the start of the invasion?
9. What effect does World War II have on the American economy?
10. While the Allies train obsessively, how are the Germans conducting training?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)