|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many minesweepers clear the Channel for the Allies?
2. What are the losses predicted by Commander Leigh-Mallory?
(a) 60 percent.
(b) 40 percent.
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
3. The Germans have an elite tank division, but lack the ______to sustain operations.
(d) Trained soldiers.
4. The lesson Hitler took from World War I is that Germany could not win a war of __________.
(d) Fire power.
5. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Allies' best source for information about the Atlantic Wall?
2. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
3. Where does Eisenhower give an impromptu graduation address in the spring of 1944?
4. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
5. What is the assignment of Sgt. Elmo Jones, 505th PIR?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans do the Allies make to breach the Atlantic Wall?
2. What role do the hedgerows along the French coast play in the battle of D-Day?
3. What are the striking differences between Rommel and Eisenhower?
4. How does the British airborne fare in comparison to the dismal deployment of the American paratroopers?
5. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
6. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
7. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
8. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
9. What is the Allies' "Transportation Plan" versus the "Oil Plan"?
10. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)