|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rommel on June 4?
(b) Visiting his wife.
(c) Inspecting the Atlantic Wall.
2. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(c) Le Harve.
3. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
(a) 1.5 million.
(d) 7.2 million.
4. Where do the Germans build the Atlantic Wall?
5. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
(a) An eighty-year-old man.
(b) A sixteen-year-old girl.
(c) A ten-year-old boy.
(d) A seventy-seven-year-old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
2. What is H-Hour scheduled to be on D-Day?
3. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
4. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
5. Who is against the initial plans for the British airborne forces to take Caen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the commanders and leaders feel about the D-Day plans by the time of the May 15 dress rehearsal?
2. How do the British gather intelligence about the French coast?
3. What role do the hedgerows along the French coast play in the battle of D-Day?
4. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
5. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
6. What causes the panzer unit to arrive fourteen days late to Normandy?
7. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
8. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
9. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
10. What are the exact numbers of Allied bombers and fighters that take part in D-Day?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)