|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the best of the young German recruits called?
(b) Gudt Amry.
2. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
3. What is the name of the command group in charge of planning D-Day?
4. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
(c) Von Horn.
5. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
(a) The boundary between the Germans and Russians.
(b) The lack of a strong navy.
(c) The gap between the air assault and ground fire.
(d) The boundary between the American and British armies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
2. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
3. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
4. What is the Allies' best source for information about the Atlantic Wall?
5. What do the Germans guarding the artillery posts do to pass time in April and May?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fourth front for Germany?
2. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
3. What effect does World War II have on the American economy?
4. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
5. How are Black American soldiers treated during World War II?
6. What is Rommel doing in the days before the invasion?
7. What are the plans for taking Omaha beach?
8. How does the British airborne fare in comparison to the dismal deployment of the American paratroopers?
9. What roles do Rommel and Eisenhower have in World War I?
10. What role do the hedgerows along the French coast play in the battle of D-Day?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)