|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the best of the young German recruits called?
(d) Gudt Amry.
2. At what hour on June 4 does Eisenhower give the order to proceed with the invasion?
3. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
(d) Von Horn.
4. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
5. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) German oil reserves.
(b) German artillery stockpiles.
(c) French railway system.
(d) French and German farms.
Short Answer Questions
1. More than 40 years later, what does German commander Luck believe would have been key to turning the battle?
2. How many airplanes per month is the U.S. producing by the end of 1943?
3. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
4. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
5. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
2. How does the weather effect the start of the invasion?
3. What is the role of the normally heralded fighter pilots?
4. What goes wrong with many of the paratroopers' jumps during the invasion?
5. What are the two problems the Allies face when planning to fight the Germans on the French coast?
6. What role do the hedgerows along the French coast play in the battle of D-Day?
7. What plans do the Allies make to breach the Atlantic Wall?
8. What are the striking differences between Rommel and Eisenhower?
9. What are the similarities in the backgrounds of Eisenhower and Rommel?
10. What roles do Rommel and Eisenhower have in World War I?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)