|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the "Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel" (LCVP) also known as?
(a) Eureka Boats.
(b) Omaha Boats.
(c) Safety Boats.
(d) U Boats.
2. What are the losses predicted by Commander Leigh-Mallory?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 60 percent.
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 40 percent.
3. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
(a) Afrika Korps.
(b) Fifteenth Army.
(c) SS Division.
4. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
5. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maj. John Howard's D Company known as?
2. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
3. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
4. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
5. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the weather effect the start of the invasion?
2. What plans do the Allies make to breach the Atlantic Wall?
3. What does Eisenhower say in the orders given out as troops head to the invasion site?
4. What is the role of the normally heralded fighter pilots?
5. What goes wrong with many of the paratroopers' jumps during the invasion?
6. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
7. What are the striking differences between Rommel and Eisenhower?
8. How are the Allied troops entertained in the weeks leading up to the invasion?
9. What do Eisenhower's subordinates think of him as a leader?
10. What effect does World War II have on the American economy?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)