|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French girl leading Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear and his team to the bridges want them to blow up instead?
(a) German headquarters.
(b) A church.
(c) Polish POWs.
(d) A tank.
2. What is the name for the German navy?
3. What are B-17s known as?
(a) Flying Fortresses.
(c) Freedom Fighters.
4. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
5. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
(b) Salt water.
(c) Peat fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
2. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
3. How many members of the 101st Airborne are captured by Jahnke's Germans?
4. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
5. Where does Eisenhower give an impromptu graduation address in the spring of 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the weather effect the start of the invasion?
2. How are the Allied troops entertained in the weeks leading up to the invasion?
3. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
4. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
5. What is the experience of the troops in the Higgins boats as they are boarded to take part in the invasion?
6. What are the similarities in the backgrounds of Eisenhower and Rommel?
7. What is the first movement of the invasion?
8. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
9. Why is the Calvados coast of Normandy chosen as the landing site for the D-Day invasion?
10. How do the British and American armies differ?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)