|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Germans build the Atlantic Wall?
2. Who has the greatest doubts about the probability of D-Day success until witnessing the dress rehearsal?
3. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
4. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill meet with Stalin in 1943?
(b) Washington D.C.
5. What are the panzer units in the German army?
(d) Special operations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
2. Where do the Americans beat the Germans in battle prior to D-Day?
3. What are the losses predicted by Commander Leigh-Mallory?
4. What is the name for the German army?
5. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first movement of the invasion?
2. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
3. What is Rommel doing in the days before the invasion?
4. What is the fourth front for Germany?
5. What effect does World War II have on the American economy?
6. What role do the hedgerows along the French coast play in the battle of D-Day?
7. Why does Hitler believe an Anglo-American offensive poses a greater threat to Germany than the Russians?
8. What are the two problems the Allies face when planning to fight the Germans on the French coast?
9. How does the British airborne fare in comparison to the dismal deployment of the American paratroopers?
10. While the Allies train obsessively, how are the Germans conducting training?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)