|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(d) Le Harve.
2. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
3. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) German oil reserves.
(b) French railway system.
(c) German artillery stockpiles.
(d) French and German farms.
4. How many airplanes per month is the U.S. producing by the end of 1943?
5. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the bomber pilots think is Hitler's "secret weapon"?
2. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
3. What does AEF stand for?
4. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
5. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
2. What are the two problems the Allies face when planning to fight the Germans on the French coast?
3. What is operation Fortitude?
4. What do Eisenhower's subordinates think of him as a leader?
5. What purpose does the British Double Cross System serve in the war?
6. What is Rommel doing in the days before the invasion?
7. While the Allies train obsessively, how are the Germans conducting training?
8. What is the reason the Allies needed a soil sample from Calvados before a final decision could be made?
9. How do the British gather intelligence about the French coast?
10. What is the Allies' "Transportation Plan" versus the "Oil Plan"?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)