|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Germans have an elite tank division, but lack the ______to sustain operations.
(d) Trained soldiers.
2. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(d) Le Harve.
3. The ME-262's are to be known as what?
(a) Troop carriers.
(c) Fighter jets.
(d) Spy planes.
4. Who wants to sign onto the crew of one the King of England's ships?
(b) Prince Edward.
5. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
(a) Silence squads.
(b) Second squads.
(c) Sucker squads.
(d) Suicide squads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
2. Who says that the Allies' best chance is the "blast"?
3. What does Rommel say he wants to be when the war ends?
4. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
5. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two problems the Allies face when planning to fight the Germans on the French coast?
2. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
3. What do Eisenhower's subordinates think of him as a leader?
4. What is the reason the Allies needed a soil sample from Calvados before a final decision could be made?
5. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
6. What are the "sausages" the Allies refer to?
7. Why does Hitler order German physicists to abandon work on developing the atomic bomb?
8. What is the experience of the troops in the Higgins boats as they are boarded to take part in the invasion?
9. What goes wrong with many of the paratroopers' jumps during the invasion?
10. While the Allies train obsessively, how are the Germans conducting training?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)