|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are B-17s known as?
(b) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
2. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
(a) A seventy-seven-year-old woman.
(b) An eighty-year-old man.
(c) A ten-year-old boy.
(d) A sixteen-year-old girl.
3. What is Maj. John Howard's D Company known as?
(a) Bulls and Broncs.
(b) Ox and Bucks.
4. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(c) Le Harve.
5. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel" (LCVP) also known as?
2. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
3. Who is against the initial plans for the British airborne forces to take Caen?
4. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
5. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the Allies train obsessively, how are the Germans conducting training?
2. Why does Hitler order German physicists to abandon work on developing the atomic bomb?
3. What are the "sausages" the Allies refer to?
4. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
5. What are the exact numbers of Allied bombers and fighters that take part in D-Day?
6. What effect does World War II have on the American economy?
7. What are the striking differences between Rommel and Eisenhower?
8. What is the reason the Allies needed a soil sample from Calvados before a final decision could be made?
9. What are the similarities in the backgrounds of Eisenhower and Rommel?
10. What are the plans for taking Omaha beach?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)