|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
(a) Afrika Korps.
(b) Fifteenth Army.
(c) SS Division.
2. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
(d) Fighter jets.
3. How many phases has the Assault Training Center broken down into?
4. German generals warn Rommel that he should keep his tanks out of range of what?
(a) Allied naval guns.
(b) Allied infantry.
(c) Panzer units.
5. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does RAF stand for?
2. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
3. The ME-262's are to be known as what?
4. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
5. What are the "Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel" (LCVP) also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Calvados coast of Normandy chosen as the landing site for the D-Day invasion?
2. What plans do the Allies make to breach the Atlantic Wall?
3. How does the British airborne fare in comparison to the dismal deployment of the American paratroopers?
4. What are the "sausages" the Allies refer to?
5. Why does Hitler believe an Anglo-American offensive poses a greater threat to Germany than the Russians?
6. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
7. What goes wrong with many of the paratroopers' jumps during the invasion?
8. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
9. What happens with the three bridges the Allies had predetermined to destroy in the opening phase of the invasion?
10. What role do the hedgerows along the French coast play in the battle of D-Day?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)