|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
2. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(b) Tall tale.
(c) Sergeant York.
(d) Captain Dan.
3. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
4. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
(a) Fighter pilots.
(b) 82nd Airborne.
(c) Ranger Company.
(d) Civil engineers.
5. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
(c) Artillery fire.
6. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
7. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(b) Letters from the front.
8. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Augusta.
(b) USS Ancon.
(c) USS Texas.
(d) USS Savannah.
9. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(a) La Madeleine.
(c) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
10. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
(b) Visiting his wife.
(c) In jail.
(d) With his girlfriend.
11. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
12. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
13. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(c) Les Moulins.
14. What does OWI stand for?
(a) Official War Information.
(b) Office of War Interrogation.
(c) Official Work Interaction.
(d) Office of War Information.
15. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
(a) General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Colonel George Marshall.
(c) General George Patton.
(d) General John J. Pershing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
2. What does UDT stand for?
3. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
4. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
5. Who does D-Day portray as being cowardly?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)