Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
2. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
(a) Ranger Company.
(b) 82nd Airborne.
(c) Civil engineers.
(d) Fighter pilots.
3. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
4. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(a) War bonds.
(d) Letters to the troops.
5. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
6. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(c) Friendly fire.
(d) Being taken prisoner.
7. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
8. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
9. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(b) Sergeant York.
(c) Tall tale.
(d) Captain Dan.
10. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
11. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
(a) Western Union.
(b) The Office of Military Personnel.
(c) A Priest.
(d) Military police.
12. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
13. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(a) A moonscape.
(c) Cow pastures.
(d) Wheat fields.
14. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(c) Letters from the front.
15. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
2. What does LCA stand for?
3. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
4. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
5. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)