|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
2. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
3. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
4. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
5. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
6. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(b) War bonds.
(d) Letters to the troops.
7. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
8. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
9. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Augusta.
(b) USS Savannah.
(c) USS Texas.
(d) USS Ancon.
10. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
11. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
(c) Death camps.
12. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(b) Sergeant York.
(c) Captain Dan.
(d) Tall tale.
13. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(c) La Madeleine.
(d) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
14. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
15. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
(d) Mae Wests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
2. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
3. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
4. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
5. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)