|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
2. How high are the French hedgerows?
(a) 1.5 feet.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 6-12 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
3. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
4. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
5. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
(b) Visiting his wife.
(c) With his girlfriend.
(d) In jail.
6. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
7. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
(a) Ranger Company.
(b) Civil engineers.
(c) Fighter pilots.
(d) 82nd Airborne.
8. The Atlantic Wall could be considered the greatest _________ in military history.
9. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
10. Which beach do the Canadians take?
11. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(a) Tall tale.
(b) Sergeant York.
(c) Captain Dan.
12. Many of the medics on D-Day are actually what?
13. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 1000 tons.
(b) 100 tons.
(c) 2000 tons.
(d) 200 tons.
14. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
(a) Flying Fortresses.
(c) Freedom Fighters.
15. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(a) La Madeleine.
(d) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
2. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
3. What does LCA stand for?
4. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
5. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)