|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(b) La Madeleine.
(c) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
2. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
3. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
4. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
5. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
6. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(a) War bonds.
(d) Letters to the troops.
7. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
(c) Death camps.
8. What does LCA stand for?
(a) Landing Craft Advisory.
(b) Landing Craft Auxillery.
(c) Landing Craft, Assault.
(d) Landing Craft, Assurance.
9. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
10. How high are the French hedgerows?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 6-12 feet.
(c) 15 feet.
(d) 1.5 feet.
11. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(a) Friendly fire.
(d) Being taken prisoner.
12. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(c) Les Moulins.
13. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
14. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
15. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(a) A moonscape.
(b) Cow pastures.
(c) Wheat fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
2. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
3. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
4. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
5. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)