|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Capt. Joe Dawson.
(b) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
(c) Gen. George Rader.
(d) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
2. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(b) Friendly fire.
(c) Being taken prisoner.
3. The Atlantic Wall could be considered the greatest _________ in military history.
4. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
5. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 12 kilometers.
(b) 10 kilometers.
(c) 25 kilometers.
(d) 2 kilometers.
6. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
7. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
(a) Colonel George Marshall.
(b) General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) General John J. Pershing.
(d) General George Patton.
8. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
9. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
10. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
11. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
12. Which beach do the Canadians take?
13. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
14. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
15. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
2. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
3. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
4. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
5. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)