|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
(a) Les Moulins.
2. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(c) Les Moulins.
3. What does LCA stand for?
(a) Landing Craft, Assault.
(b) Landing Craft, Assurance.
(c) Landing Craft Advisory.
(d) Landing Craft Auxillery.
4. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
5. How high are the French hedgerows?
(a) 1.5 feet.
(b) 6-12 feet.
(c) 3 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
6. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
(b) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
7. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) Never give up.
(b) We are staying here.
(c) We will remember.
(d) Never surrender.
8. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Two days.
9. Which beach do the Canadians take?
10. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
(a) Western Union.
(b) The Office of Military Personnel.
(c) Military police.
(d) A Priest.
11. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(c) Letters from the front.
12. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(a) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(d) La Madeleine.
13. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
14. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
(a) Artillery fire.
15. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
2. What does ECB stand for?
3. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
4. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
5. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)