|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Atlantic Wall could be considered the greatest _________ in military history.
2. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(b) La Madeleine.
(c) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
3. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
(b) Gen. George Rader.
(c) Capt. Joe Dawson.
(d) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
4. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
5. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Augusta.
(b) USS Savannah.
(c) USS Texas.
(d) USS Ancon.
6. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
7. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 2 kilometers.
(b) 10 kilometers.
(c) 25 kilometers.
(d) 12 kilometers.
8. How long do the Canadians spend in Normandy?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
9. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
10. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(c) Les Moulins.
11. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
(d) Les Moulins.
12. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
(a) Freedom Fighters.
(c) Flying Fortresses.
13. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
(a) Western Union.
(b) The Office of Military Personnel.
(c) Military police.
(d) A Priest.
14. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(c) Being taken prisoner.
(d) Friendly fire.
15. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
2. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
3. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
4. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
5. How high are the French hedgerows?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)