|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
(a) Presidental Award.
(b) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) Distinguished Service Cross.
(d) Purple Heart.
2. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
(b) Capt. Joe Dawson.
(c) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
(d) Gen. George Rader.
3. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
(a) Chicago slaughterhouse.
(b) Operating room.
(c) Hollywood western.
(d) Bar brawl.
4. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
5. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
6. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(a) Letters to the troops.
(c) War bonds.
7. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 12 kilometers.
(b) 10 kilometers.
(c) 25 kilometers.
(d) 2 kilometers.
8. Many of the medics on D-Day are actually what?
9. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
10. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
11. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(b) Captain Dan.
(c) Sergeant York.
(d) Tall tale.
12. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
13. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
(a) Colonel George Marshall.
(b) General George Patton.
(c) General John J. Pershing.
(d) General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
14. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 100 tons.
(b) 200 tons.
(c) 1000 tons.
(d) 2000 tons.
15. What does LCA stand for?
(a) Landing Craft Auxillery.
(b) Landing Craft Advisory.
(c) Landing Craft, Assurance.
(d) Landing Craft, Assault.
Short Answer Questions
1. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
2. The Atlantic Wall could be considered the greatest _________ in military history.
3. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
4. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
5. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)