|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Two days.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
2. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
3. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(a) Letters to the troops.
(c) War bonds.
4. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
5. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
6. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) We are staying here.
(b) Never give up.
(c) We will remember.
(d) Never surrender.
7. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
(a) Hollywood western.
(b) Bar brawl.
(c) Operating room.
(d) Chicago slaughterhouse.
8. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
(b) Les Moulins.
9. Which beach do the Canadians take?
10. What does OWI stand for?
(a) Office of War Information.
(b) Official Work Interaction.
(c) Office of War Interrogation.
(d) Official War Information.
11. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
(a) In jail.
(b) Visiting his wife.
(c) With his girlfriend.
12. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
(a) American paratroopers.
(b) French Resistance.
(c) British Navy.
(d) Canadian tanks.
13. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
14. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
15. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(a) Les Moulins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the Canadians spend in Normandy?
2. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
3. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
4. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
5. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)