|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
2. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) Never surrender.
(b) Never give up.
(c) We will remember.
(d) We are staying here.
3. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
(a) Hollywood western.
(b) Operating room.
(c) Chicago slaughterhouse.
(d) Bar brawl.
4. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 200 tons.
(b) 100 tons.
(c) 2000 tons.
(d) 1000 tons.
5. Many of the medics on D-Day are actually what?
6. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
(a) With his girlfriend.
(b) Visiting his wife.
(c) In jail.
7. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(c) Letters from the front.
8. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Capt. Joe Dawson.
(b) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
(c) Gen. George Rader.
(d) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
9. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
(a) Western Union.
(b) The Office of Military Personnel.
(c) A Priest.
(d) Military police.
10. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 7 months.
11. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
12. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(b) Les Moulins.
13. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
14. How long do the Canadians spend in Normandy?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three months.
15. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
2. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
3. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
4. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
5. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)