|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high are the French hedgerows?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 1.5 feet.
(c) 6-12 feet.
(d) 3 feet.
2. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
3. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
(d) Death camps.
4. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
5. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
6. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 10 kilometers.
(b) 2 kilometers.
(c) 12 kilometers.
(d) 25 kilometers.
7. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(b) Letters from the front.
8. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Two days.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
9. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
10. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
(a) Colonel George Marshall.
(b) General George Patton.
(c) General John J. Pershing.
(d) General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
11. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Gen. George Rader.
(b) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
(c) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
(d) Capt. Joe Dawson.
12. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
13. How long do the Canadians spend in Normandy?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six days.
14. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(a) A moonscape.
(b) Cow pastures.
(d) Wheat fields.
15. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
(b) Mae Wests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
2. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
3. Which beach do the Canadians take?
4. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
5. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)