|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(a) Being taken prisoner.
(d) Friendly fire.
2. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
3. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
(a) Landing craft ramps.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Ammunition packs.
(d) Shoals and shale.
4. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 12 kilometers.
(b) 25 kilometers.
(c) 10 kilometers.
(d) 2 kilometers.
5. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
6. Many of the medics on D-Day are actually what?
7. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(b) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(d) La Madeleine.
8. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
(a) Chicago slaughterhouse.
(b) Operating room.
(c) Hollywood western.
(d) Bar brawl.
9. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
(b) Mae Wests.
10. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
(a) Artillery fire.
11. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
12. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(d) Letters from the front.
13. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
14. Which beach do the Canadians take?
15. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
2. What does ECB stand for?
3. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
4. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
5. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)