|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(a) A moonscape.
(b) Wheat fields.
(c) Cow pastures.
2. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
(a) Hollywood western.
(b) Bar brawl.
(c) Operating room.
(d) Chicago slaughterhouse.
3. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(c) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(d) La Madeleine.
4. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
5. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
(d) Artillery fire.
6. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(b) Friendly fire.
(c) Being taken prisoner.
7. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
8. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
9. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 2000 tons.
(b) 1000 tons.
(c) 100 tons.
(d) 200 tons.
10. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
11. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Augusta.
(b) USS Savannah.
(c) USS Ancon.
(d) USS Texas.
12. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
13. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 12 kilometers.
(b) 25 kilometers.
(c) 2 kilometers.
(d) 10 kilometers.
14. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
15. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
2. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
3. Which beach do the Canadians take?
4. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
5. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)