|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(a) Friendly fire.
(b) Being taken prisoner.
2. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 12 kilometers.
(b) 2 kilometers.
(c) 25 kilometers.
(d) 10 kilometers.
3. The Atlantic Wall could be considered the greatest _________ in military history.
4. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
5. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(c) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(d) La Madeleine.
6. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
7. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
8. How long do the Canadians spend in Normandy?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six days.
9. What does UDT stand for?
(a) Underwater Demolition Teams.
(b) Underwater Detonation Technique.
(c) Undercover Destroyer Teams.
(d) Undercover Deception Timetable.
10. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
11. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(b) Letters to the troops.
(d) War bonds.
12. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
13. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
14. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 200 tons.
(b) 100 tons.
(c) 2000 tons.
(d) 1000 tons.
15. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does LCA stand for?
2. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
3. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
4. How high are the French hedgerows?
5. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)