|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) Never surrender.
(b) Never give up.
(c) We will remember.
(d) We are staying here.
2. Who does D-Day portray as being cowardly?
(b) Bomber pilots.
(c) Boat skippers.
3. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
4. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
(a) Les Moulins.
5. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
6. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
(d) Death camps.
7. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(d) Les Moulins.
8. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Texas.
(b) USS Augusta.
(c) USS Ancon.
(d) USS Savannah.
9. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
10. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(c) War bonds.
(d) Letters to the troops.
11. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) Presidental Award.
(c) Distinguished Service Cross.
(d) Congressional Medal of Honor.
12. What does LCA stand for?
(a) Landing Craft Advisory.
(b) Landing Craft, Assurance.
(c) Landing Craft, Assault.
(d) Landing Craft Auxillery.
13. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(a) Tall tale.
(b) Sergeant York.
(c) Captain Dan.
14. What does UDT stand for?
(a) Underwater Detonation Technique.
(b) Undercover Destroyer Teams.
(c) Undercover Deception Timetable.
(d) Underwater Demolition Teams.
15. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 1000 tons.
(b) 100 tons.
(c) 200 tons.
(d) 2000 tons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
2. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
3. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
4. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
5. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)