|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
(c) Artillery fire.
2. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
3. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
4. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
5. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
6. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
7. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(c) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(d) La Madeleine.
8. Which beach do the Canadians take?
9. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
10. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 2 kilometers.
(b) 25 kilometers.
(c) 12 kilometers.
(d) 10 kilometers.
11. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(b) Les Moulins.
12. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
(a) American paratroopers.
(b) French Resistance.
(c) Canadian tanks.
(d) British Navy.
13. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
14. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
(a) Shoals and shale.
(b) Landing craft ramps.
(c) Dead bodies.
(d) Ammunition packs.
15. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) We are staying here.
(b) Never surrender.
(c) Never give up.
(d) We will remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
2. How high are the French hedgerows?
3. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
4. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
5. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)