|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(b) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(c) La Madeleine.
2. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
(a) Presidental Award.
(b) Purple Heart.
(c) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) Distinguished Service Cross.
3. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
4. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
(b) Capt. Joe Dawson.
(c) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
(d) Gen. George Rader.
5. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
(a) Chicago slaughterhouse.
(b) Bar brawl.
(c) Hollywood western.
(d) Operating room.
6. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
7. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 1000 tons.
(b) 100 tons.
(c) 200 tons.
(d) 2000 tons.
8. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
(b) Les Moulins.
9. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(c) Les Moulins.
10. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(d) Letters from the front.
11. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(b) Being taken prisoner.
(d) Friendly fire.
12. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
13. How high are the French hedgerows?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 1.5 feet.
(c) 6-12 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
14. What does OWI stand for?
(a) Office of War Information.
(b) Official Work Interaction.
(c) Official War Information.
(d) Office of War Interrogation.
15. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
Short Answer Questions
1. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
2. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
3. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
4. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
5. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)