|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of the medics on D-Day are actually what?
2. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
3. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
(d) Artillery fire.
4. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 25 kilometers.
(b) 10 kilometers.
(c) 12 kilometers.
(d) 2 kilometers.
5. What does UDT stand for?
(a) Underwater Detonation Technique.
(b) Underwater Demolition Teams.
(c) Undercover Deception Timetable.
(d) Undercover Destroyer Teams.
6. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
(b) Les Moulins.
7. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
8. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
9. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
10. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
11. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
12. How high are the French hedgerows?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 6-12 feet.
(c) 3 feet.
(d) 1.5 feet.
13. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
14. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
(a) American paratroopers.
(b) French Resistance.
(c) Canadian tanks.
(d) British Navy.
15. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(b) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(c) La Madeleine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which beach do the Canadians take?
2. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
3. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
4. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
5. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)