|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
(b) Les Moulins.
2. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
3. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Ancon.
(b) USS Augusta.
(c) USS Savannah.
(d) USS Texas.
4. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
5. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(a) A moonscape.
(c) Cow pastures.
(d) Wheat fields.
6. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 7 months.
7. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
(a) Bar brawl.
(b) Hollywood western.
(c) Chicago slaughterhouse.
(d) Operating room.
8. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
(c) Artillery fire.
9. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
10. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
11. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
12. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
13. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
14. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
(a) French Resistance.
(b) British Navy.
(c) American paratroopers.
(d) Canadian tanks.
15. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
2. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
3. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
4. Which beach do the Canadians take?
5. What does UDT stand for?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)