|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
2. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
3. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Two days.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Thirty minutes.
4. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(b) Being taken prisoner.
(d) Friendly fire.
5. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
(a) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) Distinguished Service Cross.
(c) Purple Heart.
(d) Presidental Award.
6. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
7. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
8. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(a) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(d) La Madeleine.
9. Which beach do the Canadians take?
10. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
(b) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
11. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
12. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(a) Letters from the front.
13. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
14. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
(a) 82nd Airborne.
(b) Fighter pilots.
(c) Ranger Company.
(d) Civil engineers.
15. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(b) War bonds.
(c) Letters to the troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high are the French hedgerows?
2. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
3. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
4. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
5. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)