|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the Canadians spend in Normandy?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
2. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
3. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 4 years.
4. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
5. Which beach do the Canadians take?
6. What does UDT stand for?
(a) Underwater Demolition Teams.
(b) Undercover Destroyer Teams.
(c) Underwater Detonation Technique.
(d) Undercover Deception Timetable.
7. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
8. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
(a) Death camps.
9. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
10. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
11. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
12. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
(b) In jail.
(c) With his girlfriend.
(d) Visiting his wife.
13. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
14. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Ancon.
(b) USS Augusta.
(c) USS Texas.
(d) USS Savannah.
15. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
(a) Military police.
(b) Western Union.
(c) A Priest.
(d) The Office of Military Personnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
2. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
3. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
4. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
5. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)