|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(c) Les Moulins.
2. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
(a) Visiting his wife.
(b) In jail.
(c) With his girlfriend.
3. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
4. What does UDT stand for?
(a) Underwater Detonation Technique.
(b) Underwater Demolition Teams.
(c) Undercover Deception Timetable.
(d) Undercover Destroyer Teams.
5. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(a) Sergeant York.
(c) Captain Dan.
(d) Tall tale.
6. How high are the French hedgerows?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 1.5 feet.
(c) 15 feet.
(d) 6-12 feet.
7. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
8. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
9. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
10. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
(d) Mae Wests.
11. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
12. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 months.
13. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
14. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 100 tons.
(b) 200 tons.
(c) 2000 tons.
(d) 1000 tons.
15. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
2. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
3. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
4. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
5. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)