|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does OWI stand for?
(a) Official War Information.
(b) Official Work Interaction.
(c) Office of War Interrogation.
(d) Office of War Information.
2. What does LCA stand for?
(a) Landing Craft, Assault.
(b) Landing Craft Advisory.
(c) Landing Craft, Assurance.
(d) Landing Craft Auxillery.
3. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
4. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
5. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
6. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
(a) Artillery fire.
7. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
(a) Shoals and shale.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Ammunition packs.
(d) Landing craft ramps.
8. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(a) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(d) La Madeleine.
9. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) We will remember.
(b) We are staying here.
(c) Never surrender.
(d) Never give up.
10. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Two days.
11. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
(b) Death camps.
12. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
13. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
(a) A Priest.
(b) Western Union.
(c) Military police.
(d) The Office of Military Personnel.
14. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 10 months.
15. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
(a) In jail.
(b) With his girlfriend.
(d) Visiting his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
2. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
3. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
4. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
5. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)