|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(a) War paint.
2. One soldier compared riding a LCT to all of the following EXCEPT for _____________.
(a) Terrible hangover.
(b) Roller coaster.
(d) Bucking bronco.
3. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
(a) C-37 "Devils".
(d) C-47 "Dakotas".
4. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
5. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
(a) Polish POWs.
(b) French Resistance.
(c) Jewish prisoners.
(d) American spies.
6. Where do the Allies want the Germans to believe the D-Day invasion would be?
7. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) French and German farms.
(b) French railway system.
(c) German oil reserves.
(d) German artillery stockpiles.
8. What is the date that Eisenhower originally sets for D-Day?
(a) June 4.
(b) June 7.
(c) June 6.
(d) June 5.
9. What are the "Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel" (LCVP) also known as?
(a) Eureka Boats.
(b) Omaha Boats.
(c) U Boats.
(d) Safety Boats.
10. What is the name for the German navy?
11. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
(a) The gap between the air assault and ground fire.
(b) The boundary between the Germans and Russians.
(c) The lack of a strong navy.
(d) The boundary between the American and British armies.
12. What are the best of the young German recruits called?
(d) Gudt Amry.
13. What is the Allies' best source for information about the Atlantic Wall?
(a) Submarine surveillance.
(b) French Resistance.
(d) Night flyovers.
14. What are the panzer units in the German army?
(b) Special operations.
15. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
(a) June 5.
(b) May 1.
(c) May 15.
(d) June 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
2. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
3. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
4. How many infantrymen crowd into the boats carrying them to the beach?
5. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)