Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(c) War paint.
2. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
(c) Le Harve.
3. What is the name for the German army?
4. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
5. More than 40 years later, what does German commander Luck believe would have been key to turning the battle?
(a) Controlling the villages.
(b) Controlling the bridges.
(c) Controlling the beaches.
(d) Taking more POWs.
6. What is the Russian army called?
(d) Red Army.
7. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
8. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
(a) Vengeance weapons.
(c) Elite troops.
9. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
(a) Greta Von Sallisord.
(b) Sally Struthers.
(c) Molly Anderson.
(d) Midge Gillars.
10. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
(a) Walter Cronkite.
(b) Mike Wallace.
(c) Ernie Pyle.
(d) Dan Rather.
11. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
12. What does the French girl leading Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear and his team to the bridges want them to blow up instead?
(a) German headquarters.
(b) A tank.
(c) Polish POWs.
(d) A church.
13. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) German artillery stockpiles.
(b) German oil reserves.
(c) French railway system.
(d) French and German farms.
14. One soldier compared riding a LCT to all of the following EXCEPT for _____________.
(b) Bucking bronco.
(c) Terrible hangover.
(d) Roller coaster.
15. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(b) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
(c) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
(d) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the German army's last offensive on the Eastern Front?
2. What does Rommel say he wants to be when the war ends?
3. The ME-262's are to be known as what?
4. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
5. What are the best of the young German recruits called?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)