|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that the Allies' best chance is the "blast"?
2. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
3. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
(b) 1.5 million.
(d) 7.2 million.
4. What does the French girl leading Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear and his team to the bridges want them to blow up instead?
(a) A church.
(b) A tank.
(c) Polish POWs.
(d) German headquarters.
5. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
6. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
7. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
8. The ME-262's are to be known as what?
(a) Spy planes.
(b) Troop carriers.
(c) Fighter jets.
9. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(b) Le Harve.
10. What does RAF stand for?
(a) Radar Aerial Freighter.
(b) Royal Air Force.
(c) Royal Aeiral Force.
(d) Radar Air Freight.
11. What is the Russian army called?
(c) Red Army.
12. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(b) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
(c) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
(d) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
13. Where is the German army's last offensive on the Eastern Front?
14. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
15. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
(a) C-47 "Dakotas".
(c) C-37 "Devils".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Eisenhower's dog that he acquires during the war?
2. What are the panzer units in the German army?
3. What is the assignment of Sgt. Elmo Jones, 505th PIR?
4. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
5. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)