|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many phases has the Assault Training Center broken down into?
2. Where do the Americans beat the Germans in battle prior to D-Day?
(a) Kasserine Pass.
3. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
(b) SS Division.
(c) Fifteenth Army.
(d) Afrika Korps.
4. Where is the soldier from who forgets his name when asked by Eisenhower?
5. At what hour on June 4 does Eisenhower give the order to proceed with the invasion?
6. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
7. What is H-Hour scheduled to be on D-Day?
8. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
(a) The lack of a strong navy.
(b) The gap between the air assault and ground fire.
(c) The boundary between the Germans and Russians.
(d) The boundary between the American and British armies.
9. Where is Eisenhower born?
10. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Fighter pilots.
(b) Battalion leaders.
(c) Allied commanders.
(d) Submarine captains.
11. What is the Allies' best source for information about the Atlantic Wall?
(a) French Resistance.
(b) Night flyovers.
(d) Submarine surveillance.
12. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
13. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
14. Where do the Germans pick up Capt. George Lane when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
(c) English Channel.
15. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
(a) Elite troops.
(b) Vengeance weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
2. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
3. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
4. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
5. How many infantrymen crowd into the boats carrying them to the beach?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)