|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to sign onto the crew of one the King of England's ships?
(a) Prince Edward.
2. What river is a boundary between the German's Fifteenth and Seventh army divisions, providing an area of weakness for the Allies?
3. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
4. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
(a) Fifteenth Army.
(b) SS Division.
(c) Afrika Korps.
5. Which American general is used as a decoy to fool the Germans about the location of D-Day?
6. Pegasus Bridge is on which river?
7. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
8. What does SOS stand for?
(a) Service of Ships.
(b) Save Our Ships.
(c) Supply or Services.
(d) Services of Supply.
9. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
(a) 1.5 million.
(c) 7.2 million.
10. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
11. Many of the German divisions are waiting on orders from whom?
12. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
13. Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear is assigned to destroy three bridges on the ______ River.
14. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
15. Where do Rommel and Eisenhower first engage in battle?
(c) Kasserine Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
2. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
3. What does the French girl leading Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear and his team to the bridges want them to blow up instead?
4. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
5. Where is Rommel on June 4?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)