|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Allied troops eat three meals a day before the invasion?
2. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
3. What does Rommel say he wants to be when the war ends?
(b) Electrical engineer.
(c) Hydraulic engineer.
4. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
(a) Second squads.
(b) Suicide squads.
(c) Sucker squads.
(d) Silence squads.
5. What are B-26s known as?
(a) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
6. What are the panzer units in the German army?
(d) Special operations.
7. What are the best tanks that the Germans produce called?
(a) Das Reich.
(c) Sand Sharks.
8. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(a) War paint.
9. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
(a) Le Harve.
10. Who has the greatest doubts about the probability of D-Day success until witnessing the dress rehearsal?
11. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
12. Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear is assigned to destroy three bridges on the ______ River.
13. What is the date of the final dress rehearsal for D-Day?
(a) May 10.
(b) May 30.
(c) May 5.
(d) May 15.
14. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
(b) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
(c) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(d) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
15. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
2. The lesson Hitler took from World War I is that Germany could not win a war of __________.
3. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
4. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill meet with Stalin in 1943?
5. How long is the flight over England and the Channel for the paratroopers?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)