|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
2. Where do Rommel and Eisenhower first engage in battle?
(b) Kasserine Pass.
3. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(a) Le Harve.
4. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
(a) Mike Wallace.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Dan Rather.
(d) Ernie Pyle.
5. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) German oil reserves.
(b) French railway system.
(c) French and German farms.
(d) German artillery stockpiles.
6. What does SOS stand for?
(a) Supply or Services.
(b) Services of Supply.
(c) Service of Ships.
(d) Save Our Ships.
7. Where do the Allies want the Germans to believe the D-Day invasion would be?
8. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
(b) Afrika Korps.
(c) SS Division.
(d) Fifteenth Army.
9. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
10. What are the best tanks that the Germans produce called?
(b) Sand Sharks.
(c) Das Reich.
11. What is the date that Eisenhower originally sets for D-Day?
(a) June 6.
(b) June 7.
(c) June 4.
(d) June 5.
12. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
13. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
(b) Von Horn.
14. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
(a) A sixteen-year-old girl.
(b) A ten-year-old boy.
(c) A seventy-seven-year-old woman.
(d) An eighty-year-old man.
15. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
2. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
3. What is the Allies' best source for information about the Atlantic Wall?
4. What compounds Germany's strategic problems as the war goes on?
5. More than 40 years later, what does German commander Luck believe would have been key to turning the battle?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)