|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rommel and Eisenhower first engage in battle?
(c) Kasserine Pass.
2. Pegasus Bridge is on which river?
3. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
4. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
5. What day are the two soldiers sent to the French coast to get secret soil samples by the Allies?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's.
6. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
7. What are the "Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel" (LCVP) also known as?
(a) U Boats.
(b) Safety Boats.
(c) Eureka Boats.
(d) Omaha Boats.
8. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
(a) June 15.
(b) May 15.
(c) June 5.
(d) May 1.
9. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
10. Many of the German divisions are waiting on orders from whom?
11. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
12. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
13. What does RAF stand for?
(a) Royal Aeiral Force.
(b) Radar Aerial Freighter.
(c) Royal Air Force.
(d) Radar Air Freight.
14. What are the Freiwilligen?
(a) Elite pilots.
(b) Special ops.
15. What are B-26s known as?
(a) Flying Fortresses.
(b) Freedom Fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
2. How many members of the 101st Airborne are captured by Jahnke's Germans?
3. What is attached to the LCTs by wire cable as they make their way to the beach?
4. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
5. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)