|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 1000 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
2. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
3. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
4. What does RAF stand for?
(a) Royal Aeiral Force.
(b) Royal Air Force.
(c) Radar Aerial Freighter.
(d) Radar Air Freight.
5. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
(a) American spies.
(b) Polish POWs.
(c) French Resistance.
(d) Jewish prisoners.
6. Where is Eisenhower born?
7. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
8. Where is the German army's last offensive on the Eastern Front?
9. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
10. What do Allied troops eat three meals a day before the invasion?
11. At what hour on June 4 does Eisenhower give the order to proceed with the invasion?
12. What is the date that Eisenhower originally sets for D-Day?
(a) June 4.
(b) June 6.
(c) June 7.
(d) June 5.
13. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
(a) The boundary between the American and British armies.
(b) The lack of a strong navy.
(c) The boundary between the Germans and Russians.
(d) The gap between the air assault and ground fire.
14. What are the panzer units in the German army?
(b) Special operations.
15. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
(b) Notre Dame.
(d) West Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Russian army called?
2. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
3. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
4. The Germans have an elite tank division, but lack the ______to sustain operations.
5. How many phases has the Assault Training Center broken down into?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)