|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hour on June 4 does Eisenhower give the order to proceed with the invasion?
2. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
(a) Suicide squads.
(b) Silence squads.
(c) Sucker squads.
(d) Second squads.
3. What are B-17s known as?
(b) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
4. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
5. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
(a) Molly Anderson.
(b) Sally Struthers.
(c) Greta Von Sallisord.
(d) Midge Gillars.
6. What is the name of Eisenhower's dog that he acquires during the war?
7. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
8. Pegasus Bridge is on which river?
9. Who has the greatest doubts about the probability of D-Day success until witnessing the dress rehearsal?
10. What group is the first to attend the Assault Training Center?
(a) 101st Infantry.
(b) 29th Division.
(c) 250th Rangers.
(d) 81st Airborne.
11. How long is the flight over England and the Channel for the paratroopers?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
12. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
(a) Afrika Korps.
(b) Fifteenth Army.
(d) SS Division.
13. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 1000 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
14. Many of the German divisions are waiting on orders from whom?
15. What is the name of the command group in charge of planning D-Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
2. Where is Eisenhower born?
3. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
4. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
5. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)