|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
(a) Midge Gillars.
(b) Greta Von Sallisord.
(c) Molly Anderson.
(d) Sally Struthers.
2. How many minesweepers clear the Channel for the Allies?
3. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
(a) A ten-year-old boy.
(b) An eighty-year-old man.
(c) A sixteen-year-old girl.
(d) A seventy-seven-year-old woman.
4. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Allied commanders.
(b) Fighter pilots.
(c) Submarine captains.
(d) Battalion leaders.
5. How many airplanes per month is the U.S. producing by the end of 1943?
6. What group is the first to attend the Assault Training Center?
(a) 29th Division.
(b) 250th Rangers.
(c) 101st Infantry.
(d) 81st Airborne.
7. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
8. What are the panzer units in the German army?
(b) Special operations.
9. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
10. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(b) War paint.
11. Many of the German divisions are waiting on orders from whom?
12. What river is a boundary between the German's Fifteenth and Seventh army divisions, providing an area of weakness for the Allies?
13. German generals warn Rommel that he should keep his tanks out of range of what?
(a) Allied naval guns.
(b) Allied infantry.
(d) Panzer units.
14. Who wants to sign onto the crew of one the King of England's ships?
(b) Prince Edward.
15. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
2. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
3. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
4. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
5. What is the date that Eisenhower originally sets for D-Day?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)