|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the most extensive Assault Training Center?
(a) Slapton Sands.
(d) West Point.
2. Who is on the top of Churchill's list of "Worries of a Commander"?
(a) De Gaulle.
3. The lesson Hitler took from World War I is that Germany could not win a war of __________.
(d) Fire power.
4. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
5. What do the Germans guarding the artillery posts do to pass time in April and May?
(a) Write letters home.
(b) Fortify the Atlantic Wall.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Dig trenches.
6. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
(a) A seventy-seven-year-old woman.
(b) A sixteen-year-old girl.
(c) An eighty-year-old man.
(d) A ten-year-old boy.
7. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
8. Many of the German divisions are waiting on orders from whom?
9. Where do the Germans pick up Capt. George Lane when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
(a) English Channel.
10. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(b) War paint.
11. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
(c) Fighter jets.
12. What river is a boundary between the German's Fifteenth and Seventh army divisions, providing an area of weakness for the Allies?
13. What are the best tanks that the Germans produce called?
(a) Das Reich.
(b) Sand Sharks.
14. What are B-17s known as?
(a) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
15. How many members of the 101st Airborne are captured by Jahnke's Germans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
2. How many minesweepers clear the Channel for the Allies?
3. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
4. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
5. What does Rommel say he wants to be when the war ends?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)