|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
(a) The boundary between the American and British armies.
(b) The lack of a strong navy.
(c) The gap between the air assault and ground fire.
(d) The boundary between the Germans and Russians.
2. What do the bomber pilots think is Hitler's "secret weapon"?
(c) Low lying wires.
3. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
(a) Col. Good.
(b) Brig. General Cota.
(c) Capt. Miller.
(d) Col. Van Fleet.
4. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
5. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
(b) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(c) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
(d) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
6. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) French and German farms.
(b) French railway system.
(c) German artillery stockpiles.
(d) German oil reserves.
7. Pegasus Bridge is on which river?
8. What compounds Germany's strategic problems as the war goes on?
(a) Troop morale.
9. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
(a) C-47 "Dakotas".
(d) C-37 "Devils".
10. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
(a) June 5.
(b) May 1.
(c) May 15.
(d) June 15.
11. What group is the first to attend the Assault Training Center?
(a) 81st Airborne.
(b) 29th Division.
(c) 250th Rangers.
(d) 101st Infantry.
12. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
13. Where is the soldier from who forgets his name when asked by Eisenhower?
14. What is the Russian army called?
(a) Red Army.
15. How many infantrymen crowd into the boats carrying them to the beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
2. How many members of the 101st Airborne are captured by Jahnke's Germans?
3. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
4. Who has the greatest doubts about the probability of D-Day success until witnessing the dress rehearsal?
5. What is the date of the final dress rehearsal for D-Day?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)