|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Fighter pilots.
(b) Battalion leaders.
(c) Allied commanders.
(d) Submarine captains.
2. What are the Freiwilligen?
(a) Special ops.
(b) Elite pilots.
3. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
(c) C-37 "Devils".
(d) C-47 "Dakotas".
4. What does AEF stand for?
(a) American Executive Force.
(b) Allied Executive Force.
(c) Allied Expeditionary Force.
(d) American Expenditure Force.
5. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
6. Who is against the initial plans for the British airborne forces to take Caen?
7. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
(a) The lack of a strong navy.
(b) The boundary between the Germans and Russians.
(c) The boundary between the American and British armies.
(d) The gap between the air assault and ground fire.
8. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(c) War paint.
9. Where is the most extensive Assault Training Center?
(a) West Point.
(b) Slapton Sands.
10. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill meet with Stalin in 1943?
(a) Washington D.C.
11. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
(a) French Resistance.
(b) Jewish prisoners.
(c) American spies.
(d) Polish POWs.
12. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
13. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) The Longest Day.
(b) Catch 22.
(c) Fall to Arms.
(d) Catcher in the Rye.
14. What does SOS stand for?
(a) Save Our Ships.
(b) Service of Ships.
(c) Supply or Services.
(d) Services of Supply.
15. Where do the Germans pick up Capt. George Lane when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
(a) English Channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
2. Where do Rommel and Eisenhower first engage in battle?
3. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
4. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
5. The Germans have an elite tank division, but lack the ______to sustain operations.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)