|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Allied troops eat three meals a day before the invasion?
2. Many of the German divisions are waiting on orders from whom?
3. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
4. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
5. What is Maj. John Howard's D Company known as?
(a) Bulls and Broncs.
(c) Ox and Bucks.
6. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
(a) West Point.
(b) Notre Dame.
7. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
(a) French Resistance.
(b) American spies.
(c) Polish POWs.
(d) Jewish prisoners.
8. More than 40 years later, what does German commander Luck believe would have been key to turning the battle?
(a) Controlling the beaches.
(b) Controlling the bridges.
(c) Controlling the villages.
(d) Taking more POWs.
9. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 1000 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
10. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
11. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
12. Who wants to sign onto the crew of one the King of England's ships?
(a) Prince Edward.
13. What are B-26s known as?
(b) Flying Fortresses.
(c) Freedom Fighters.
14. Where do the Germans pick up Capt. George Lane when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
(b) English Channel.
15. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Freiwilligen?
2. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
3. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
4. What is the name for the German army?
5. Where does Eisenhower give an impromptu graduation address in the spring of 1944?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)