|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
2. How many minesweepers clear the Channel for the Allies?
3. What is the assignment of Sgt. Elmo Jones, 505th PIR?
4. What does Rommel say he wants to be when the war ends?
(a) Electrical engineer.
(b) Hydraulic engineer.
5. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 1000 pounds.
6. What is the date that Eisenhower originally sets for D-Day?
(a) June 4.
(b) June 5.
(c) June 7.
(d) June 6.
7. What group is the first to attend the Assault Training Center?
(a) 101st Infantry.
(b) 250th Rangers.
(c) 81st Airborne.
(d) 29th Division.
8. What is the date of the final dress rehearsal for D-Day?
(a) May 30.
(b) May 5.
(c) May 15.
(d) May 10.
9. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
(b) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(c) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
(d) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
10. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(a) War paint.
11. What are B-26s known as?
(c) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
12. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
13. Who is praised by Eisenhower as "the man who won the war for us"?
(a) Henry Ransom Paulding.
(b) Andrew Jackson Higgins.
(c) William Rockefeller.
(d) James Clark Wilson.
14. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
15. German generals warn Rommel that he should keep his tanks out of range of what?
(a) Allied infantry.
(c) Panzer units.
(d) Allied naval guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Allied troops eat three meals a day before the invasion?
2. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
3. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
4. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
5. One soldier compared riding a LCT to all of the following EXCEPT for _____________.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)