|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Freiwilligen?
(a) Special ops.
(b) Elite pilots.
2. Where is Rommel on June 4?
(c) Visiting his wife.
(d) Inspecting the Atlantic Wall.
3. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
4. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
5. What is the name for the German navy?
6. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
(b) Von Horn.
7. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
8. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
9. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(c) Le Harve.
10. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
(b) C-47 "Dakotas".
(d) C-37 "Devils".
11. Who wants to sign onto the crew of one the King of England's ships?
(a) Prince Edward.
12. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 1000 pounds.
13. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
(a) A sixteen-year-old girl.
(b) An eighty-year-old man.
(c) A seventy-seven-year-old woman.
(d) A ten-year-old boy.
14. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
15. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the soldier from who forgets his name when asked by Eisenhower?
2. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
3. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
4. What do Allied troops eat three meals a day before the invasion?
5. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)