|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
2. What are the losses predicted by Commander Leigh-Mallory?
(a) 60 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 40 percent.
(d) 70 percent.
3. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
4. What do the bomber pilots think is Hitler's "secret weapon"?
(b) Low lying wires.
5. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) French and German farms.
(b) German oil reserves.
(c) French railway system.
(d) German artillery stockpiles.
6. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
7. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
8. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill meet with Stalin in 1943?
(c) Washington D.C.
9. Pegasus Bridge is on which river?
10. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
(b) Le Harve.
11. Which American general is used as a decoy to fool the Germans about the location of D-Day?
12. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
13. What are B-24s known as?
(a) Flying Fortresses.
(b) Freedom Fighters.
14. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Submarine captains.
(b) Fighter pilots.
(c) Battalion leaders.
(d) Allied commanders.
15. How many phases has the Assault Training Center broken down into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
2. Who wants to sign onto the crew of one the King of England's ships?
3. What does AEF stand for?
4. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
5. What are the best of the young German recruits called?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)