|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(d) War paint.
2. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
(c) Von Horn.
3. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
4. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
(a) Brig. General Cota.
(b) Col. Good.
(c) Capt. Miller.
(d) Col. Van Fleet.
5. Who is on the top of Churchill's list of "Worries of a Commander"?
(d) De Gaulle.
6. What are the best tanks that the Germans produce called?
(a) Das Reich.
(c) Sand Sharks.
7. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
(a) Elite troops.
(c) Vengeance weapons.
8. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
9. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) Catcher in the Rye.
(b) Fall to Arms.
(c) The Longest Day.
(d) Catch 22.
10. What does the French girl leading Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear and his team to the bridges want them to blow up instead?
(a) A tank.
(b) Polish POWs.
(c) German headquarters.
(d) A church.
11. Where do the Americans beat the Germans in battle prior to D-Day?
(b) Kasserine Pass.
12. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
13. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(b) Le Harve.
14. Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear is assigned to destroy three bridges on the ______ River.
15. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
2. Who is praised by Eisenhower as "the man who won the war for us"?
3. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
4. What is the date that Eisenhower originally sets for D-Day?
5. How many airplanes per month is the U.S. producing by the end of 1943?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)