|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
2. How many infantry divisions does Germany have in France when they first meet the Allies on the French coast?
(a) 30 divisions.
(b) 10 divisions,
(c) 50 divisions.
(d) 5 divisions.
3. What is the name for the German army?
4. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
(c) Peat fields.
(d) Salt water.
5. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
6. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
(a) 1000 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
7. More than 40 years later, what does German commander Luck believe would have been key to turning the battle?
(a) Controlling the villages.
(b) Controlling the bridges.
(c) Controlling the beaches.
(d) Taking more POWs.
8. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
9. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
(b) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
(c) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(d) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
10. What are B-26s known as?
(a) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
11. Where is the most extensive Assault Training Center?
(b) Slapton Sands.
(d) West Point.
12. What is the name of Eisenhower's dog that he acquires during the war?
13. What are the best tanks that the Germans produce called?
(b) Sand Sharks.
(d) Das Reich.
14. What are the panzer units in the German army?
(a) Special operations.
15. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hour on June 4 does Eisenhower give the order to proceed with the invasion?
2. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
3. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
4. The ME-262's are to be known as what?
5. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)