|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
2. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
(a) A ten-year-old boy.
(b) A seventy-seven-year-old woman.
(c) An eighty-year-old man.
(d) A sixteen-year-old girl.
3. What group is the first to attend the Assault Training Center?
(a) 29th Division.
(b) 81st Airborne.
(c) 250th Rangers.
(d) 101st Infantry.
4. What are B-26s known as?
(a) Flying Fortresses.
(c) Freedom Fighters.
5. What is Maj. John Howard's D Company known as?
(b) Bulls and Broncs.
(d) Ox and Bucks.
6. What is H-Hour scheduled to be on D-Day?
7. What is the date that Eisenhower originally sets for D-Day?
(a) June 6.
(b) June 5.
(c) June 4.
(d) June 7.
8. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
(a) Capt. Miller.
(b) Col. Good.
(c) Brig. General Cota.
(d) Col. Van Fleet.
9. Where do the Americans beat the Germans in battle prior to D-Day?
(d) Kasserine Pass.
10. Who says that the Allies' best chance is the "blast"?
11. What do the Germans guarding the artillery posts do to pass time in April and May?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Fortify the Atlantic Wall.
(c) Write letters home.
(d) Dig trenches.
12. What are the best of the young German recruits called?
(b) Gudt Amry.
13. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
(a) Suicide squads.
(b) Second squads.
(c) Sucker squads.
(d) Silence squads.
14. How many members of the 101st Airborne are captured by Jahnke's Germans?
15. What is the date of the final dress rehearsal for D-Day?
(a) May 10.
(b) May 5.
(c) May 30.
(d) May 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to sign onto the crew of one the King of England's ships?
2. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
3. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
4. Where do the Germans pick up Capt. George Lane when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
5. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)