|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(b) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
(c) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
(d) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
2. What day are the two soldiers sent to the French coast to get secret soil samples by the Allies?
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's.
3. What does RAF stand for?
(a) Radar Air Freight.
(b) Royal Aeiral Force.
(c) Radar Aerial Freighter.
(d) Royal Air Force.
4. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
(a) Col. Good.
(b) Capt. Miller.
(c) Col. Van Fleet.
(d) Brig. General Cota.
5. Where does Eisenhower give an impromptu graduation address in the spring of 1944?
(a) West Point.
(d) Slapton Sands.
6. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) French railway system.
(b) German oil reserves.
(c) French and German farms.
(d) German artillery stockpiles.
7. What compounds Germany's strategic problems as the war goes on?
(d) Troop morale.
8. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
(a) SS Division.
(c) Afrika Korps.
(d) Fifteenth Army.
9. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
10. Where do the Germans build the Atlantic Wall?
11. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
12. The lesson Hitler took from World War I is that Germany could not win a war of __________.
(c) Fire power.
13. What does SOS stand for?
(a) Supply or Services.
(b) Save Our Ships.
(c) Service of Ships.
(d) Services of Supply.
14. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) West Point.
15. How many members of the 101st Airborne are captured by Jahnke's Germans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is the first to attend the Assault Training Center?
2. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
3. What are B-24s known as?
4. Pegasus Bridge is on which river?
5. What is the date that Eisenhower originally sets for D-Day?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)