|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Allied commanders.
(b) Battalion leaders.
(c) Submarine captains.
(d) Fighter pilots.
2. One soldier compared riding a LCT to all of the following EXCEPT for _____________.
(a) Roller coaster.
(b) Bucking bronco.
(c) Terrible hangover.
3. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
(c) Toy crickets.
4. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) Fall to Arms.
(b) Catcher in the Rye.
(c) The Longest Day.
(d) Catch 22.
5. How many divisions do the Allies have in France when they first meet German troops in 1944?
(a) Twleve divisions.
(b) Five divisions.
(c) Ten divisions.
(d) Fifty divisions.
6. What is Maj. John Howard's D Company known as?
(b) Ox and Bucks.
(c) Bulls and Broncs.
7. How many infantry divisions does Germany have in France when they first meet the Allies on the French coast?
(a) 5 divisions.
(b) 10 divisions,
(c) 30 divisions.
(d) 50 divisions.
8. What are B-17s known as?
(a) Flying Fortresses.
(c) Freedom Fighters.
9. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
10. German generals warn Rommel that he should keep his tanks out of range of what?
(a) Allied naval guns.
(c) Allied infantry.
(d) Panzer units.
11. Where does Eisenhower give an impromptu graduation address in the spring of 1944?
(a) Slapton Sands.
(b) West Point.
12. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
(a) Mike Wallace.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Ernie Pyle.
(d) Dan Rather.
13. What is the date of the final dress rehearsal for D-Day?
(a) May 10.
(b) May 5.
(c) May 30.
(d) May 15.
14. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
15. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 1000 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
2. What are the losses predicted by Commander Leigh-Mallory?
3. Who is against the initial plans for the British airborne forces to take Caen?
4. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
5. What is the name for the German army?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)