|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hour on June 4 does Eisenhower give the order to proceed with the invasion?
2. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
3. More than 40 years later, what does German commander Luck believe would have been key to turning the battle?
(a) Taking more POWs.
(b) Controlling the villages.
(c) Controlling the beaches.
(d) Controlling the bridges.
4. Where do Rommel and Eisenhower first engage in battle?
(d) Kasserine Pass.
5. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
(d) Fighter jets.
6. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) German artillery stockpiles.
(b) German oil reserves.
(c) French railway system.
(d) French and German farms.
7. The Germans have an elite tank division, but lack the ______to sustain operations.
(b) Trained soldiers.
8. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
9. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Submarine captains.
(b) Battalion leaders.
(c) Fighter pilots.
(d) Allied commanders.
10. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
(a) Ernie Pyle.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Dan Rather.
(d) Mike Wallace.
11. Where do the Allies want the Germans to believe the D-Day invasion would be?
12. Where do the Germans pick up Capt. George Lane when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
(d) English Channel.
13. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(b) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
(c) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
(d) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
14. What is the name for the German army?
15. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 1000 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambrose have framed on the wall of his office?
2. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill meet with Stalin in 1943?
3. What is the date of the final dress rehearsal for D-Day?
4. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
5. How many members of the 101st Airborne are captured by Jahnke's Germans?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)