|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river is a boundary between the German's Fifteenth and Seventh army divisions, providing an area of weakness for the Allies?
2. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
(b) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(c) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
(d) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
3. What group is the first to attend the Assault Training Center?
(a) 250th Rangers.
(b) 81st Airborne.
(c) 29th Division.
(d) 101st Infantry.
4. How many minesweepers clear the Channel for the Allies?
5. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
6. How many airplanes per month is the U.S. producing by the end of 1943?
7. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) Fall to Arms.
(b) Catch 22.
(c) Catcher in the Rye.
(d) The Longest Day.
8. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
9. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
(a) June 5.
(b) May 1.
(c) May 15.
(d) June 15.
10. What day are the two soldiers sent to the French coast to get secret soil samples by the Allies?
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's.
11. Where do the Americans beat the Germans in battle prior to D-Day?
(a) Kasserine Pass.
12. How many divisions do the Allies have in France when they first meet German troops in 1944?
(a) Twleve divisions.
(b) Five divisions.
(c) Fifty divisions.
(d) Ten divisions.
13. What are the losses predicted by Commander Leigh-Mallory?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 40 percent.
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 60 percent.
14. What is Maj. John Howard's D Company known as?
(a) Bulls and Broncs.
(d) Ox and Bucks.
15. What do the Germans guarding the artillery posts do to pass time in April and May?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Fortify the Atlantic Wall.
(c) Write letters home.
(d) Dig trenches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
2. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
3. What is the date of the final dress rehearsal for D-Day?
4. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
5. Where do the Allies want the Germans to believe the D-Day invasion would be?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)