|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 2000 tons.
(b) 1000 tons.
(c) 200 tons.
(d) 100 tons.
2. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
3. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(b) War paint.
4. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) We will remember.
(b) We are staying here.
(c) Never surrender.
(d) Never give up.
5. What does OWI stand for?
(a) Official War Information.
(b) Office of War Information.
(c) Office of War Interrogation.
(d) Official Work Interaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
2. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
3. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
4. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
5. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)