|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
(a) Vengeance weapons.
(d) Elite troops.
2. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
(a) Brig. General Cota.
(b) Col. Good.
(c) Col. Van Fleet.
(d) Capt. Miller.
3. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) Never surrender.
(b) Never give up.
(c) We will remember.
(d) We are staying here.
4. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
(a) Ernie Pyle.
(b) Dan Rather.
(c) Mike Wallace.
(d) Walter Cronkite.
5. What do the bomber pilots think is Hitler's "secret weapon"?
(c) Low lying wires.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
2. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
3. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
4. Who says that the Allies' best chance is the "blast"?
5. How long do the Canadians spend in Normandy?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)