|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Allies' best source for information about the Atlantic Wall?
(a) Night flyovers.
(c) Submarine surveillance.
(d) French Resistance.
2. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
3. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
4. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
(d) Mae Wests.
5. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(b) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
(c) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
(d) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the flight over England and the Channel for the paratroopers?
2. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
3. Which American general is used as a decoy to fool the Germans about the location of D-Day?
4. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
5. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)