|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(a) Sergeant York.
(b) Tall tale.
(d) Captain Dan.
2. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
3. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Submarine captains.
(b) Fighter pilots.
(c) Allied commanders.
(d) Battalion leaders.
4. How many divisions do the Allies have in France when they first meet German troops in 1944?
(a) Twleve divisions.
(b) Fifty divisions.
(c) Five divisions.
(d) Ten divisions.
5. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
(b) Peat fields.
(c) Salt water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
2. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
3. What is the Allies' best source for information about the Atlantic Wall?
4. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
5. What do the Germans guarding the artillery posts do to pass time in April and May?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)