|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
(a) Shoals and shale.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Ammunition packs.
(d) Landing craft ramps.
2. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
(b) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
(c) Capt. Joe Dawson.
(d) Gen. George Rader.
3. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
(a) Afrika Korps.
(b) Fifteenth Army.
(d) SS Division.
4. What does Rommel say he wants to be when the war ends?
(b) Electrical engineer.
(d) Hydraulic engineer.
5. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
2. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
3. German generals warn Rommel that he should keep his tanks out of range of what?
4. Where does Eisenhower give an impromptu graduation address in the spring of 1944?
5. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)