|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Capt. Joe Dawson.
(b) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
(c) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
(d) Gen. George Rader.
2. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Two days.
3. Who does D-Day portray as being cowardly?
(b) Boat skippers.
(d) Bomber pilots.
4. How many minesweepers clear the Channel for the Allies?
5. Where do the Americans beat the Germans in battle prior to D-Day?
(b) Kasserine Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
2. What does the SHAEF stand for?
3. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
4. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
5. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)