|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(b) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
(c) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
(d) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
2. German generals warn Rommel that he should keep his tanks out of range of what?
(a) Allied naval guns.
(c) Panzer units.
(d) Allied infantry.
3. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
4. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
5. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
2. Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear is assigned to destroy three bridges on the ______ River.
3. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
4. How many airplanes per month is the U.S. producing by the end of 1943?
5. The Germans have an elite tank division, but lack the ______to sustain operations.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)