|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) German artillery stockpiles.
(b) French railway system.
(c) French and German farms.
(d) German oil reserves.
2. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
3. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
4. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
(a) Polish POWs.
(b) Jewish prisoners.
(c) American spies.
(d) French Resistance.
5. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
(d) Toy crickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
2. What day are the two soldiers sent to the French coast to get secret soil samples by the Allies?
3. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
4. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
5. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)