|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
2. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
3. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
(b) Le Harve.
4. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(b) Wheat fields.
(c) A moonscape.
(d) Cow pastures.
5. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
(b) Peat fields.
(d) Salt water.
Short Answer Questions
1. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
2. Where is the German army's last offensive on the Eastern Front?
3. Where is the soldier from who forgets his name when asked by Eisenhower?
4. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
5. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)