|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
2. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
(a) Polish POWs.
(b) American spies.
(c) French Resistance.
(d) Jewish prisoners.
3. What is the date of the final dress rehearsal for D-Day?
(a) May 10.
(b) May 30.
(c) May 15.
(d) May 5.
4. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
(a) 7.2 million.
(c) 1.5 million.
5. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
Short Answer Questions
1. One soldier compared riding a LCT to all of the following EXCEPT for _____________.
2. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
3. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
4. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
5. What are B-24s known as?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)