|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
2. What does Ambrose have framed on the wall of his office?
(a) Eisenhower's order of the day.
(b) D-Day maps.
(c) A letter from Churchill.
(d) Rommel's invasion defense plans.
3. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
(b) Von Horn.
4. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
(a) Midge Gillars.
(b) Greta Von Sallisord.
(c) Sally Struthers.
(d) Molly Anderson.
5. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
2. What does SOS stand for?
3. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
4. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
5. What does AEF stand for?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)