|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Eisenhower's dog that he acquires during the war?
2. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
(a) Dead bodies.
(b) Shoals and shale.
(c) Landing craft ramps.
(d) Ammunition packs.
3. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) Never give up.
(b) We will remember.
(c) Never surrender.
(d) We are staying here.
4. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
5. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) Catcher in the Rye.
(b) Fall to Arms.
(c) Catch 22.
(d) The Longest Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is the first to attend the Assault Training Center?
2. What is the name for the German army?
3. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
4. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
5. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)