|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does AEF stand for?
(a) Allied Executive Force.
(b) American Executive Force.
(c) American Expenditure Force.
(d) Allied Expeditionary Force.
2. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
(b) Fighter jets.
3. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
4. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
(a) Col. Van Fleet.
(b) Col. Good.
(c) Capt. Miller.
(d) Brig. General Cota.
5. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
2. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
3. What is Maj. John Howard's D Company known as?
4. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
5. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)