|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the greatest doubts about the probability of D-Day success until witnessing the dress rehearsal?
2. What do the Germans guarding the artillery posts do to pass time in April and May?
(a) Fortify the Atlantic Wall.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Dig trenches.
(d) Write letters home.
3. How long is the flight over England and the Channel for the paratroopers?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
4. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) German oil reserves.
(b) German artillery stockpiles.
(c) French and German farms.
(d) French railway system.
5. What does AEF stand for?
(a) Allied Expeditionary Force.
(b) American Executive Force.
(c) American Expenditure Force.
(d) Allied Executive Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the losses predicted by Commander Leigh-Mallory?
2. Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear is assigned to destroy three bridges on the ______ River.
3. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
4. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
5. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)