|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
(a) Suicide squads.
(b) Silence squads.
(c) Sucker squads.
(d) Second squads.
2. Who is against the initial plans for the British airborne forces to take Caen?
3. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
(a) 7.2 million.
(b) 1.5 million.
4. What is the Russian army called?
(d) Red Army.
5. Where does Eisenhower spend most of 1943 commanding troops?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the SHAEF stand for?
2. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
3. What group is the first to attend the Assault Training Center?
4. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
5. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)