|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many phases has the Assault Training Center broken down into?
2. Where is Eisenhower born?
3. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(d) Le Harve.
4. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
(a) C-47 "Dakotas".
(c) C-37 "Devils".
5. What does Ambrose have framed on the wall of his office?
(a) Eisenhower's order of the day.
(b) Rommel's invasion defense plans.
(c) D-Day maps.
(d) A letter from Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
2. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
3. What are the best of the young German recruits called?
4. Who has the greatest doubts about the probability of D-Day success until witnessing the dress rehearsal?
5. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)