|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Germans guarding the artillery posts do to pass time in April and May?
(a) Write letters home.
(b) Fortify the Atlantic Wall.
(c) Dig trenches.
(d) Play cards.
2. What is the name for the German navy?
3. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
4. Where do the Allies want the Germans to believe the D-Day invasion would be?
5. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
(a) Sally Struthers.
(b) Greta Von Sallisord.
(c) Molly Anderson.
(d) Midge Gillars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
2. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
3. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
4. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
5. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)