|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
2. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
(a) French Resistance.
(b) Jewish prisoners.
(c) American spies.
(d) Polish POWs.
3. How many divisions do the Allies have in France when they first meet German troops in 1944?
(a) Five divisions.
(b) Twleve divisions.
(c) Ten divisions.
(d) Fifty divisions.
4. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
(a) Salt water.
(b) Peat fields.
5. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
(a) A seventy-seven-year-old woman.
(b) An eighty-year-old man.
(c) A sixteen-year-old girl.
(d) A ten-year-old boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
2. German generals warn Rommel that he should keep his tanks out of range of what?
3. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
4. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
5. What do Allied troops eat three meals a day before the invasion?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)