|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
(b) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(c) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
(d) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
2. Who is praised by Eisenhower as "the man who won the war for us"?
(a) Andrew Jackson Higgins.
(b) William Rockefeller.
(c) James Clark Wilson.
(d) Henry Ransom Paulding.
3. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(d) War paint.
4. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
5. Where do the Allies want the Germans to believe the D-Day invasion would be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Freiwilligen?
2. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
3. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
4. Which American general is used as a decoy to fool the Germans about the location of D-Day?
5. Who has the greatest doubts about the probability of D-Day success until witnessing the dress rehearsal?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)