|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
(a) Silence squads.
(b) Second squads.
(c) Suicide squads.
(d) Sucker squads.
2. What river is a boundary between the German's Fifteenth and Seventh army divisions, providing an area of weakness for the Allies?
3. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
(d) Von Horn.
4. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill meet with Stalin in 1943?
(d) Washington D.C.
5. What does AEF stand for?
(a) American Executive Force.
(b) American Expenditure Force.
(c) Allied Executive Force.
(d) Allied Expeditionary Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Eisenhower's dog that he acquires during the war?
2. Who says that the Allies' best chance is the "blast"?
3. Where is the German army's last offensive on the Eastern Front?
4. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
5. What does the SHAEF stand for?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)