|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
(d) Le Harve.
2. Where do Rommel and Eisenhower first engage in battle?
(a) Kasserine Pass.
3. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
(c) Von Horn.
4. Who is praised by Eisenhower as "the man who won the war for us"?
(a) James Clark Wilson.
(b) Andrew Jackson Higgins.
(c) William Rockefeller.
(d) Henry Ransom Paulding.
5. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
(d) Fighter jets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
2. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
3. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
4. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
5. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)