|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the subordinate who Rommel told, "the war is lost"?
(a) Von Horn.
2. How many infantry divisions does Germany have in France when they first meet the Allies on the French coast?
(a) 50 divisions.
(b) 5 divisions.
(c) 10 divisions,
(d) 30 divisions.
3. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
4. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
5. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) German oil reserves.
(b) German artillery stockpiles.
(c) French and German farms.
(d) French railway system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
2. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
3. What is the name of the command group in charge of planning D-Day?
4. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
5. What are the Vergeltungswaffen?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)