|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many divisions do the Allies have in France when they first meet German troops in 1944?
(a) Fifty divisions.
(b) Twleve divisions.
(c) Ten divisions.
(d) Five divisions.
2. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
3. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
(d) Fighter jets.
4. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
5. What are the "Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel" (LCVP) also known as?
(a) Omaha Boats.
(b) Eureka Boats.
(c) U Boats.
(d) Safety Boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
2. Where is the soldier from who forgets his name when asked by Eisenhower?
3. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
4. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
5. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)