|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
(b) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(c) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
(d) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
2. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
3. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
4. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
(a) 7.2 million.
(d) 1.5 million.
5. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
(a) General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) General George Patton.
(c) Colonel George Marshall.
(d) General John J. Pershing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear is assigned to destroy three bridges on the ______ River.
2. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
3. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
4. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
5. Where is the soldier from who forgets his name when asked by Eisenhower?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)