|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Allies' best source for information about the Atlantic Wall?
(a) Submarine surveillance.
(b) Night flyovers.
(c) French Resistance.
2. What is the name of Eisenhower's dog that he acquires during the war?
3. Where is the soldier from who forgets his name when asked by Eisenhower?
4. What does RAF stand for?
(a) Radar Air Freight.
(b) Royal Air Force.
(c) Radar Aerial Freighter.
(d) Royal Aeiral Force.
5. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Battalion leaders.
(b) Submarine captains.
(c) Allied commanders.
(d) Fighter pilots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
2. German generals warn Rommel that he should keep his tanks out of range of what?
3. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
4. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
5. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)