|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) The Longest Day.
(b) Catch 22.
(c) Catcher in the Rye.
(d) Fall to Arms.
2. Where is Rommel on June 4?
(a) Inspecting the Atlantic Wall.
(b) Visiting his wife.
3. Utah Beach is the code name for what part of the French coast?
4. Which American general is used as a decoy to fool the Germans about the location of D-Day?
5. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Texas.
(b) USS Savannah.
(c) USS Augusta.
(d) USS Ancon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
2. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
3. Who has the greatest doubts about the probability of D-Day success until witnessing the dress rehearsal?
4. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
5. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)