|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
2. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(b) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
(c) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
(d) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
3. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Capt. Joe Dawson.
(b) Gen. George Rader.
(c) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
(d) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
4. What does SOS stand for?
(a) Services of Supply.
(b) Service of Ships.
(c) Save Our Ships.
(d) Supply or Services.
5. Where do the Americans beat the Germans in battle prior to D-Day?
(b) Kasserine Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
2. Who is the American commander in the Pacific in 1943?
3. What does Ambrose have framed on the wall of his office?
4. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
5. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)