|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
(a) Second squads.
(b) Silence squads.
(c) Suicide squads.
(d) Sucker squads.
2. What does SOS stand for?
(a) Service of Ships.
(b) Services of Supply.
(c) Save Our Ships.
(d) Supply or Services.
3. What does Ambrose have framed on the wall of his office?
(a) A letter from Churchill.
(b) Rommel's invasion defense plans.
(c) Eisenhower's order of the day.
(d) D-Day maps.
4. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
5. What are B-24s known as?
(b) Flying Fortresses.
(c) Freedom Fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many infantry divisions does Germany have in France when they first meet the Allies on the French coast?
2. How many members of the 101st Airborne are captured by Jahnke's Germans?
3. How many ships are involved in D-Day?
4. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
5. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)