|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
2. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
3. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
4. What is attached to the LCTs by wire cable as they make their way to the beach?
5. What does Ambrose have framed on the wall of his office?
(a) Eisenhower's order of the day.
(b) D-Day maps.
(c) A letter from Churchill.
(d) Rommel's invasion defense plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
2. How many phases has the Assault Training Center broken down into?
3. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
4. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
5. At what hour on June 4 does Eisenhower give the order to proceed with the invasion?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)