|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
(a) The gap between the air assault and ground fire.
(b) The lack of a strong navy.
(c) The boundary between the American and British armies.
(d) The boundary between the Germans and Russians.
2. What does LCA stand for?
(a) Landing Craft, Assurance.
(b) Landing Craft Auxillery.
(c) Landing Craft Advisory.
(d) Landing Craft, Assault.
3. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
4. How many infantrymen crowd into the boats carrying them to the beach?
5. What day are the two soldiers sent to the French coast to get secret soil samples by the Allies?
(a) New Year's.
(c) Christmas Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the best tanks that the Germans produce called?
2. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
3. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
4. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
5. Who does Capt. George Lane meet with when he is captured by the Germans when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)