|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
(a) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) Presidental Award.
(c) Distinguished Service Cross.
(d) Purple Heart.
2. Who says that the Allies' best chance is the "blast"?
3. One soldier compared riding a LCT to all of the following EXCEPT for _____________.
(a) Terrible hangover.
(c) Bucking bronco.
(d) Roller coaster.
4. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(a) A moonscape.
(b) Wheat fields.
(c) Cow pastures.
5. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
2. More than 40 years later, what does German commander Luck believe would have been key to turning the battle?
3. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
4. Who are the "Old Ladies"?
5. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)