|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which unit of paratroopers drops where they are supposed to with minimum problems?
(a) 3rd Battalion of 222nd.
(b) 2nd Battalion of the 505th.
(c) 1st Battalion of the 505th.
(d) 4th Battalion of the 325th.
2. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) French and German farms.
(b) German oil reserves.
(c) French railway system.
(d) German artillery stockpiles.
3. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(b) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
(c) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
(d) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
4. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) Never give up.
(b) We will remember.
(c) We are staying here.
(d) Never surrender.
5. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
(a) The gap between the air assault and ground fire.
(b) The boundary between the American and British armies.
(c) The boundary between the Germans and Russians.
(d) The lack of a strong navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is H-Hour scheduled to be on D-Day?
2. How many phases has the Assault Training Center broken down into?
3. How many infantrymen crowd into the boats carrying them to the beach?
4. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
5. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)