|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
2. Allies take a soil sample from the proposed landing site hoping not to find _________.
(a) Salt water.
(c) Peat fields.
3. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
4. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
(c) Death camps.
5. What is handed out along with rations to the troops as they board vessels for the invasions?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many divisions do the Allies have in France when they first meet German troops in 1944?
2. What is attached to the LCTs by wire cable as they make their way to the beach?
3. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
4. What are the best tanks that the Germans produce called?
5. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)