|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
2. What is H-Hour scheduled to be on D-Day?
3. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
4. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
(a) Western Union.
(b) The Office of Military Personnel.
(c) A Priest.
(d) Military police.
5. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
2. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
3. What would be the perfect, yet too obvious, landing site for the D-Day invasion?
4. How many infantry divisions does Germany have in France when they first meet the Allies on the French coast?
5. What is the name of the command group in charge of planning D-Day?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)