|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
(b) C-37 "Devils".
(c) C-47 "Dakotas".
2. How many airplanes per month is the U.S. producing by the end of 1943?
3. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
(a) Notre Dame.
(b) West Point.
4. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
5. Who is praised by Eisenhower as "the man who won the war for us"?
(a) James Clark Wilson.
(b) Henry Ransom Paulding.
(c) William Rockefeller.
(d) Andrew Jackson Higgins.
Short Answer Questions
1. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
2. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
3. Where do the Germans pick up Capt. George Lane when he is doing reconnaissance on mines?
4. What does RAF stand for?
5. Where do Rommel and Eisenhower first engage in battle?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)