|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many divisions do the Allies have in France when they first meet German troops in 1944?
(a) Fifty divisions.
(b) Ten divisions.
(c) Five divisions.
(d) Twleve divisions.
2. Who says that the Allies' best chance is the "blast"?
3. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
(a) Dan Rather.
(b) Ernie Pyle.
(c) Walter Cronkite.
(d) Mike Wallace.
4. Rommel thinks the D-Day invasion would come when?
(a) June 5.
(b) May 15.
(c) May 1.
(d) June 15.
5. What is Rommel given command of in 1940?
(a) SS Division.
(c) Fifteenth Army.
(d) Afrika Korps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
2. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
3. Where does Eisenhower go to college?
4. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
5. What are the best tanks that the Germans produce called?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)