|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
2. What is used to drop the Allied paratroopers behind enemy lines?
(a) C-37 "Devils".
(b) C-47 "Dakotas".
3. The area on the French coast between the beach and the bluffs was called the ___________.
4. Who is a master of sabotage against the Germans?
(a) French Resistance.
(b) Jewish prisoners.
(c) American spies.
(d) Polish POWs.
5. What is the code name for the Germans' elaborate deception to fool the Russians in 1942?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name for the Allies' elaborate plan to fool the Germans about D-Day?
2. How many infantry divisions does Germany have in France when they first meet the Allies on the French coast?
3. What is the landing site the Allies choose for the D-Day invasion?
4. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
5. What day are the two soldiers sent to the French coast to get secret soil samples by the Allies?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)