|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the code name for the British system for breaking the German Enigma encoding machine?
2. Who says it is "the fury of an aroused democracy" that is the key to victory?
3. Who interviews Eisenhower about D-Day in 1964?
(a) Ernie Pyle.
(b) Dan Rather.
(c) Walter Cronkite.
(d) Mike Wallace.
4. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
5. How many troops has the U.S. assembled and trained by 1943?
(b) 1.5 million.
(c) 7.2 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is always the weakest spot on any Allied line during the war?
2. Which American commander stands up and symbolically throws the thick book of D-Day plans over his shoulder?
3. What is the name of the commander who wants the paratroopers to be utilized better during the war?
4. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
5. The navy refers to "crafts" as being under _________ feet and "ships" as being anything over that.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)