|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the assignment of Sgt. Elmo Jones, 505th PIR?
2. How long is the flight over England and the Channel for the paratroopers?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
3. Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear is assigned to destroy three bridges on the ______ River.
4. Who is Tetty, one of the best sub-agents, who is stealing oil from the Germans?
(a) A sixteen-year-old girl.
(b) An eighty-year-old man.
(c) A seventy-seven-year-old woman.
(d) A ten-year-old boy.
5. Where does Eisenhower give an impromptu graduation address in the spring of 1944?
(c) West Point.
(d) Slapton Sands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Allied troops use to keep water out of their riffles during the invasion?
2. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
3. What does Eisenhower believe is a skill that could be learned and not an art?
4. What does SOS stand for?
5. What are the groups of paratroopers jumping from each plane called?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)