|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(b) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
(c) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
(d) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
2. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
(d) Fighter jets.
3. What is the name of Eisenhower's dog that he acquires during the war?
4. The paratroopers gain a fearsome appearance with what?
(c) War paint.
5. What does AEF stand for?
(a) Allied Executive Force.
(b) Allied Expeditionary Force.
(c) American Executive Force.
(d) American Expenditure Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eisenhower give an impromptu graduation address in the spring of 1944?
2. What is the favorite boredom killer in the days leading up to the invasion?
3. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill meet with Stalin in 1943?
4. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
5. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)