|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) The Longest Day.
(b) Catcher in the Rye.
(c) Catch 22.
(d) Fall to Arms.
2. What does Eisenhower want to paralyze in the weeks leading up to D-Day?
(a) French railway system.
(b) German oil reserves.
(c) German artillery stockpiles.
(d) French and German farms.
3. What does Eisenhower want to use behind enemies lines attacking targets in France during D-Day?
(b) Fighter jets.
4. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
(a) Sgt. Jim Henderson.
(b) Pvt. Eldon Wiehe.
(c) Capt. Joe Dawson.
(d) Gen. George Rader.
5. Who are considered the knights in shining armor of World War II?
(a) Submarine captains.
(b) Allied commanders.
(c) Fighter pilots.
(d) Battalion leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do the bombs weigh that the B-17s drop?
2. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
3. How many bombers are shot down by Luftwaffe on D-Day?
4. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
5. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)