|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Ambrose refer to when discussing the bomber missions?
(a) Catch 22.
(b) The Longest Day.
(c) Fall to Arms.
(d) Catcher in the Rye.
2. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
3. What are the best tanks that the Germans produce called?
(b) Das Reich.
(c) Sand Sharks.
4. How many infantrymen crowd into the boats carrying them to the beach?
5. What does the SHAEF stand for?
(a) Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force.
(b) Strategy Handling Allied Expeditionary Force.
(c) Strategy Handling Allied Executive Force.
(d) Supreme Headquarters Allied Executive Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
2. At what time does the German radar finally spot the Allied fleet?
3. Who is against the initial plans for the British airborne forces to take Caen?
4. How many days after D-Day does Germany's premier tank division arrive at the French coast?
5. Many of the medics on D-Day are actually what?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)