|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following coach parts is used to smuggle food to the cadets?
2. What reason does the Comte de Guiche give for leaving at the end of Scene 5?
3. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
4. What moment in the play does Cyrano claim to Roxane was the epitome of his life?
5. Which of the following is not a constellation with which Cyrano claims to have interacted on his drop from the moon?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the dynamic between Cyrano and the Comte de Guiche. Use the several insults that Cyrano deal de Guiche throughout the play as framework for the essay. Why does Cyrano deal the nobleman these slights, and how does de Guiche respond? Who pays for these slights? Does either man ultimately change as a result of this dynamic?
Essay Topic 2
Christian is in many ways the tragic figure of CYRANO DE BERGERAC. Write an essay on this assertion. What does he want at the beginning of the play, and why does he choose to involve Cyrano in this endeavor? In the end, how does CHristian end up accomplishing the opposite of what he wanted to?
Essay Topic 3
Ragueneau is a figure of much comedic value, a sort of kindly fool forever at the mercy of a hostile world. He is also on of Cyrano's greatest advocates. Write an essay about Ragueneau. What does he value in life, and why do these choices cause him so much pain? Why does he enter scenes when he does? Why do you think he ends in such ignominy?
This section contains 1,758 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)