|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
(a) A pheasant
(b) A trout
(c) A sparrow
(d) A carp
2. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The love
(b) The spirit
(c) The blood
(d) The intent
3. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(a) A devil
(b) A rival
4. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
(a) Trying to convert him
(b) Talking to him
(c) Cooking him food
(d) Being rude to him
5. Which of the following is not a constellation with which Cyrano claims to have interacted on his drop from the moon?
(c) The Trident
(d) The Great Bear
Short Answer Questions
1. What does de Guiche recommend Cyrano do in Scene 2?
2. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
3. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
4. In Scene 4, what is brought out in preparation for Cyrano?
5. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is not reading the letter from Christian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offer does Christian make to Cyrano in Scene 9?
2. How does Cyrano embarrass the Comte de Guiche in Scene 4?
3. How does Roxane reason Cyrano's absence at his appointed time?
4. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
5. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
6. What does Roxane resolve to do at the end of Scene 5?
7. How does Christian realize that Cyrano loves Roxane in Scene 4?
8. Why are the troops starving at the beginning of Act 4?
9. How does Roxane make her way to the Gascony cadets?
10. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)