|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does this Act take place?
2. On what does Cyrano blame his fainting in Scene 5?
(a) Lack of sleep
(b) His Arras wound
(c) Unseasonable warmth
3. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
4. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
5. According to the Comte de Guiche, what does the trumpet sounding signify to the troops?
(a) Reinforcements arriving
(b) The death of their commander
(c) The Spanish retreating
(d) The fall of the enemy battlements
Short Answer Questions
1. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
2. What moment in the play does Cyrano claim to Roxane was the epitome of his life?
3. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
4. What weapon has wounded Carbon at the end of Act 4?
5. Which of the following items is not something the cadets seek out at the beginning of Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
2. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
3. What offer does Christian make to Cyrano in Scene 9?
4. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
5. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
6. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
7. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
8. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth regarding the letters?
9. What does Roxane say about her surroundings at the beginning of Scene 4?
10. Describe the imaginary enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)