|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christian ask Roxane to do at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Ask Cyrano about the letters
(b) Bring him another glass of wine
(c) Forget him after he dies
(d) Visit the other men
2. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
3. Who attends Roxane throughout Scene 4?
(a) Mother Margaret
(b) de Guiche
(c) Sister Martha
4. How many dishes of preserves does Cyrano report the king consumed on Saturday?
5. Which of the following is not a location that Cyrano guesses he is while stalling de Guiche?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
2. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
3. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
4. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
5. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
2. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
3. Describe the imaginary enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
4. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
5. How does Cyrano embarrass the Comte de Guiche in Scene 4?
6. What does Roxane resolve to do at the end of Scene 5?
7. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
8. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
9. Describe the state of the battle at the end of Act 4?
10. In Scene 2, what news has de Guiche heard regarding Cyrano?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)