|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are alone onstage at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Roxane and Ragueneau
(b) Le Bret and de Guiche
(c) Le Bret and Raguenau
(d) Ragueneau and de Guiche
2. Why does Roxane reason Cyrano is late?
(a) He is picking up flowers
(b) A sister detains him
(c) Some accident has occured
(d) He has forgotten
3. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
(a) An anthem
(b) A flag
(c) A drum
(d) A standard
4. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
(a) His plume
(b) His sword
(c) His love's kiss
(d) His soul
5. Through what building does Le Bret exit at the end of Scene 3?
(a) The stable
(b) The chapel
(c) The nave
(d) The refractory
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is not reading the letter from Christian?
2. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
3. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
4. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
5. Who informs Cyrano of Christian's fatal wound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
2. Describe Cyrano in Scene 5.
3. Why do Le Bret and Carbon call on Cyrano at the end of Scene 1?
4. How does Roxane make her way to the Gascony cadets?
5. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
6. In Scene 2, what news has de Guiche heard regarding Cyrano?
7. Why are the troops starving at the beginning of Act 4?
8. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
9. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth regarding the letters?
10. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)