|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is pale
(b) He is crying
(c) He is weak
(d) He is angry
2. Who reenters at the end of Scene 3?
(b) de Guiche
(c) Sister Claire
(d) Mother Margaret
3. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
(a) His wit
(b) His bravery
(c) His eyes
(d) His soul
4. Which of the following coach parts is used to smuggle food to the cadets?
(a) The lantern
(b) The curtains
(c) The axels
(d) The yokes
5. In what does Cyrano blame his tardiness at the beginning of Scene 5?
(a) A duel
(b) A congested street
(c) A troublesome woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
2. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
3. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
4. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
5. Which is the first instrument that Cyrano instructs be played in Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roxane say about her surroundings at the beginning of Scene 4?
2. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
3. Describe Cyrano in Scene 5.
4. Describe the state of the battle at the end of Act 4?
5. How does Cyrano distract the Comte de Guiche while Roxane and Christian marry?
6. What secret does Cyrano tell Christian in Scene 7?
7. How does Roxane make her way to the Gascony cadets?
8. What news of Cyrano does Ragueneau bring in Scene 3?
9. What does Roxane resolve to do at the end of Scene 5?
10. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)