|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does this Act take place?
2. Why does Roxane reason Cyrano is late?
(a) A sister detains him
(b) Some accident has occured
(c) He is picking up flowers
(d) He has forgotten
3. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
(a) A few extra men
(b) New muskets
(c) A cannon
(d) A wall of sandbags
4. What item does Roxane take from Christian's body in Scene 10?
(a) A rosary
(b) His plume
(c) A letter
(d) His sword
5. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is weak
(b) He is pale
(c) He is angry
(d) He is crying
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian ask Roxane to do at the end of Scene 8?
2. Which of the following coach parts is used to smuggle food to the cadets?
3. To which Greek god does Roxane compare Christian in Scene 8?
4. In what does Cyrano blame his tardiness at the beginning of Scene 5?
5. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cyrano in Scene 5.
2. What does Roxane resolve to do at the end of Scene 5?
3. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
4. How has Roxane's love changed in the months since the siege?
5. In Scene 2, what news has de Guiche heard regarding Cyrano?
6. Describe the imaginary enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
7. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
8. Describe the state of the battle at the end of Act 4?
9. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
10. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is her true suitor?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)