|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
2. At the beginning of Act 5, what does Sister Martha accuse Sister Claire of doing?
(a) Taking the lords name in vain
(b) Looking at herself in the mirror
(c) Taking extra breakfast
(d) Not washing her habit
3. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He intends to call a retreat
(b) He expects to die
(c) He loves Roxane
(d) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
4. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
5. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Shake his hand
(b) Slap him
(c) Reminisce with him
(d) Give him money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian discover in Cyrano's most recent letter to Roxane that shocks him in Scene 4?
2. At the end of Scene 3, Carbon admonishes his men to respect de Guiche for what reason?
3. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
4. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
5. How many years after the events of Act 4 does Act 5 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cyrano in Scene 5.
2. How has Roxane's love changed in the months since the siege?
3. How does Cyrano embarrass the Comte de Guiche in Scene 4?
4. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
5. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
6. Describe the imaginary enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
7. In Scene 2, what news has de Guiche heard regarding Cyrano?
8. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
9. What news of Cyrano does Ragueneau bring in Scene 3?
10. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is her true suitor?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)