|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dishes of preserves does Cyrano report the king consumed on Saturday?
2. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He intends to call a retreat
(b) He loves Roxane
(c) He expects to die
(d) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
3. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The love
(b) The intent
(c) The blood
(d) The spirit
4. What moment in the play does Cyrano claim to Roxane was the epitome of his life?
(a) His present death by her side
(b) The defeat of Valvert
(c) The seige at Arras
(d) The balcony scene
5. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
2. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
3. Which of the following is not a constellation with which Cyrano claims to have interacted on his drop from the moon?
4. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
5. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth regarding the letters?
2. In Scene 2, what news has de Guiche heard regarding Cyrano?
3. Describe the state of the battle at the end of Act 4?
4. What does Roxane resolve to do at the end of Scene 5?
5. What does Roxane say about her surroundings at the beginning of Scene 4?
6. According to Le Bret in Scene 2, How has Cyrano changed of late?
7. Describe Cyrano in Scene 5.
8. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
9. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
10. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is her true suitor?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)