|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following coach parts is used to smuggle food to the cadets?
(a) The lantern
(b) The curtains
(c) The axels
(d) The yokes
2. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
(a) A wall of sandbags
(b) New muskets
(c) A few extra men
(d) A cannon
3. What item does Roxane take from Christian's body in Scene 10?
(a) A rosary
(b) A letter
(c) His sword
(d) His plume
4. What does de Guiche recommend Cyrano do in Scene 2?
(a) Seek preferment of some lord
(b) Arm himself
(d) Stay indoors
5. On what does Cyrano blame his fainting in Scene 5?
(b) Lack of sleep
(c) His Arras wound
(d) Unseasonable warmth
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
2. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
3. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
4. Where does Cyrano tell Le Bret he expects to go after death?
5. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cyrano embarrass the Comte de Guiche in Scene 4?
2. How does Cyrano distract the Comte de Guiche while Roxane and Christian marry?
3. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
4. What offer does Christian make to Cyrano in Scene 9?
5. How has Roxane's love changed in the months since the siege?
6. Describe Cyrano in Scene 5.
7. Why are the troops starving at the beginning of Act 4?
8. How does Roxane bring food to the troops?
9. According to Le Bret in Scene 2, How has Cyrano changed of late?
10. What secret does Cyrano tell Christian in Scene 7?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)