|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
(a) New muskets
(b) A few extra men
(c) A wall of sandbags
(d) A cannon
2. Who reenters at the end of Scene 3?
(b) Sister Claire
(c) Mother Margaret
(d) de Guiche
3. What does Le Bret announce must be done immediately upon hearing of Cyrano's injury?
(a) The murderers must be found
(b) Cyrano must be taken from Paris
(c) Roxane must be told
(d) Burial arrangements must be made
4. When de Guiche accuses a cadet of being intoxicated, the cadet claims to be so because of what?
(a) The smell of powder
(b) The presence of a beautiful woman
(d) His love of France
5. Who is walking with Roxane in Scene 1?
(b) Le Bret
(c) de Guiche
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
2. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
3. At the beginning of Scene 5, what is Cyrano afraid to do?
4. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
5. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
2. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
3. What offer does Christian make to Cyrano in Scene 9?
4. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
5. What does Roxane resolve to do at the end of Scene 5?
6. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth regarding the letters?
7. How does Christian realize that Cyrano loves Roxane in Scene 4?
8. Why do Le Bret and Carbon call on Cyrano at the end of Scene 1?
9. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
10. How does Roxane make her way to the Gascony cadets?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)