|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
2. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
3. In Scene 4, what indicates to Roxane that Cyrano should have arrived?
(a) The clock striking
(b) The arrival of his customary chair
(c) The position of the sun
(d) The recitiation of evening prayer
4. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
(a) His soul
(b) His sword
(c) His love's kiss
(d) His plume
5. What weapon has been used to mortally injure Cyrano?
(a) A scythe
(b) A wagon wheel
(c) A block of wood
(d) A musket
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
2. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
3. Which of the following items is not something the cadets seek out at the beginning of Scene 6?
4. What does Christian discover in Cyrano's most recent letter to Roxane that shocks him in Scene 4?
5. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 2, what news has de Guiche heard regarding Cyrano?
2. How does Cyrano embarrass the Comte de Guiche in Scene 4?
3. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
4. Describe the setting of Act 5.
5. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
6. Why are the troops starving at the beginning of Act 4?
7. Describe the state of the battle at the end of Act 4?
8. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is her true suitor?
9. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
10. Describe the imaginary enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)