|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is not reading the letter from Christian?
(a) It is too dark out
(b) The words are not correct
(c) The letter is still folded
(d) His eyes closed
2. Which of the following is not a constellation with which Cyrano claims to have interacted on his drop from the moon?
(c) The Trident
(d) The Great Bear
3. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
(a) Cooking him food
(b) Being rude to him
(c) Talking to him
(d) Trying to convert him
4. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
(b) Sleeping Beauty
(c) The Robber Bridegroom
(d) The Bremen Town Musicians
5. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
(a) He has written to Roxane every day
(b) He loves Roxane
(c) He despises Christian
(d) He fears death
Short Answer Questions
1. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
2. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
3. Which of the following is not a term that Roxane uses to describe Christian's prose in her speech in Scene 8?
4. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
5. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is her true suitor?
2. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth regarding the letters?
4. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
5. Describe Cyrano in Scene 5.
6. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
7. How has Roxane's love changed in the months since the siege?
8. How does Cyrano embarrass the Comte de Guiche in Scene 4?
9. What offer does Christian make to Cyrano in Scene 9?
10. How does Cyrano distract the Comte de Guiche while Roxane and Christian marry?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)