|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
2. At the end of Scene 3, Carbon admonishes his men to respect de Guiche for what reason?
(a) He is ruthless with dissent
(b) He is a Gascon
(c) He is their commander
(d) He is a noble
3. Where does Cyrano tell Le Bret he expects to go after death?
(a) The moon
4. When de Guiche accuses a cadet of being intoxicated, the cadet claims to be so because of what?
(b) His love of France
(c) The presence of a beautiful woman
(d) The smell of powder
5. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
(a) He is half-asleep
(b) He is in a rage
(c) He is fat
(d) He is pale
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is not reading the letter from Christian?
2. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
3. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
4. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
5. Where does Roxane keep Christian's final letter to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roxane bring food to the troops?
2. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is her true suitor?
3. According to Le Bret in Scene 2, How has Cyrano changed of late?
4. Describe the imaginary enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
5. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
6. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
7. Why do Le Bret and Carbon call on Cyrano at the end of Scene 1?
8. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
9. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
10. What secret does Cyrano tell Christian in Scene 7?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)