|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(b) The Iliad
(c) The Odyssey
(d) The Aeneid
2. One cadet in Scene 2 offers all his lordly titles for what food?
(c) An apple
3. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(c) A devil
(d) A rival
4. What weapon has been used to mortally injure Cyrano?
(a) A musket
(b) A wagon wheel
(c) A scythe
(d) A block of wood
5. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Comte de Guiche, what does the trumpet sounding signify to the troops?
2. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
3. What has attracted the Comte de Guiche to the camp at the beginning of Scene 7?
4. What reason does the Comte de Guiche give for leaving at the end of Scene 5?
5. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 2, what news has de Guiche heard regarding Cyrano?
2. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
3. What news of Cyrano does Ragueneau bring in Scene 3?
4. What secret does Cyrano tell Christian in Scene 7?
5. Why do Le Bret and Carbon call on Cyrano at the end of Scene 1?
6. According to Le Bret in Scene 2, How has Cyrano changed of late?
7. How does Roxane make her way to the Gascony cadets?
8. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
9. What offer does Christian make to Cyrano in Scene 9?
10. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)