|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
(a) His helmet
(b) His scarf
(c) His plume
(d) His sword
2. In what state did Ragueneau leave Cyrano before coming to the convent?
3. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
(a) His soul
(b) His wit
(c) His bravery
(d) His eyes
4. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
5. With what activity is Roxane employing herself throughout Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
2. Which is the first instrument that Cyrano instructs be played in Scene 3?
3. What reason does the Comte de Guiche give for leaving at the end of Scene 5?
4. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
5. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is her true suitor?
2. Describe the setting of Act 5.
3. How does Roxane bring food to the troops?
4. What news of Cyrano does Ragueneau bring in Scene 3?
5. How does Roxane reason Cyrano's absence at his appointed time?
6. How does Cyrano distract the Comte de Guiche while Roxane and Christian marry?
7. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
8. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
9. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
10. Describe the state of the battle at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)