|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
(a) A few extra men
(b) A wall of sandbags
(c) A cannon
(d) New muskets
2. Why does Roxane reason Cyrano is late?
(a) A sister detains him
(b) Some accident has occured
(c) He is picking up flowers
(d) He has forgotten
3. What does Cyrano generally do regarding Sisters Claire and Martha?
(a) Ignore them
(b) Badger them
(c) Tease them
(d) Flirt with them
4. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
5. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The intent
(b) The love
(c) The spirit
(d) The blood
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did Ragueneau leave Cyrano before coming to the convent?
2. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
3. What item does Roxane take from Christian's body in Scene 10?
4. On what day does Cyrano customarily visit the convent?
5. How many years after the events of Act 4 does Act 5 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
2. Describe the imaginary enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
3. How does Cyrano embarrass the Comte de Guiche in Scene 4?
4. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
5. What secret does Cyrano tell Christian in Scene 7?
6. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
7. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
8. What does Roxane resolve to do at the end of Scene 5?
9. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
10. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth regarding the letters?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)