|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The love
(b) The intent
(c) The spirit
(d) The blood
2. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
(a) A dueling glove
(b) A writ of annulment
(c) An order of war
(d) A punch
3. What weapon has been used to mortally injure Cyrano?
(a) A musket
(b) A wagon wheel
(c) A block of wood
(d) A scythe
4. Which is the first instrument that Cyrano instructs be played in Scene 3?
(a) The fife
(b) The lyre
(c) The castanet
(d) The drum
5. What sin does Cyrano proudly confess to Sister Martha?
(a) Eating meat on Friday
(b) Brawling with women
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
2. Which of the following coach parts is used to smuggle food to the cadets?
3. What item does Roxane take from Christian's body in Scene 10?
4. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
5. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Act 5.
2. What does Roxane resolve to do at the end of Scene 5?
3. Why are the troops starving at the beginning of Act 4?
4. Why do Le Bret and Carbon call on Cyrano at the end of Scene 1?
5. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
6. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
7. Describe the state of the battle at the end of Act 4?
8. What secret does Cyrano tell Christian in Scene 7?
9. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
10. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)