|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 3, Carbon admonishes his men to respect de Guiche for what reason?
(a) He is a noble
(b) He is their commander
(c) He is ruthless with dissent
(d) He is a Gascon
2. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
3. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Shake his hand
(b) Slap him
(c) Reminisce with him
(d) Give him money
4. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is weak
(b) He is pale
(c) He is crying
(d) He is angry
5. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Le Bret announce must be done immediately upon hearing of Cyrano's injury?
2. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
3. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
4. What reason does the Comte de Guiche give for leaving at the end of Scene 5?
5. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
2. Describe the imaginary enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
3. How does Roxane reason Cyrano's absence at his appointed time?
4. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
5. What does Roxane resolve to do at the end of Scene 5?
6. How has Roxane's love changed in the months since the siege?
7. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth regarding the letters?
8. Describe the setting of Act 5.
9. What news of Cyrano does Ragueneau bring in Scene 3?
10. What offer does Christian make to Cyrano in Scene 9?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)