|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano generally do regarding Sisters Claire and Martha?
(a) Ignore them
(b) Flirt with them
(c) Tease them
(d) Badger them
2. What has attracted the Comte de Guiche to the camp at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) Roxane's presence
(b) The smell
(c) The imminent battle
(d) The singing
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would not believe him
(b) He fears she would kill herself
(c) He fears she would not forgive him
(d) He fears she would leave Christian
4. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(c) de Guiche
5. Who reenters at the end of Scene 3?
(a) Mother Margaret
(b) Sister Claire
(d) de Guiche
Short Answer Questions
1. How does de Guiche's voice change after he decides to stay and fight?
2. What reason does the Comte de Guiche give for leaving at the end of Scene 5?
3. At the end of Scene 3, Carbon admonishes his men to respect de Guiche for what reason?
4. What does Le Bret announce must be done immediately upon hearing of Cyrano's injury?
5. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Act 5.
2. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
3. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
4. What secret does Cyrano tell Christian in Scene 7?
5. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
6. How does Roxane reason Cyrano's absence at his appointed time?
7. How does Cyrano distract the Comte de Guiche while Roxane and Christian marry?
8. What offer does Christian make to Cyrano in Scene 9?
9. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
10. According to Le Bret in Scene 2, How has Cyrano changed of late?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)