|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
2. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
(b) Die on the field of battle
(c) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
(d) Annul his marriage to Roxane
3. What item does Roxane take from Christian's body in Scene 10?
(a) A rosary
(b) His plume
(c) A letter
(d) His sword
4. What sin does Cyrano proudly confess to Sister Martha?
(a) Brawling with women
(c) Eating meat on Friday
(d) Taking the Lord's name in vain
5. In what state did Ragueneau leave Cyrano before coming to the convent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
2. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
3. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
4. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
5. What does de Guiche recommend Cyrano do in Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
2. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
3. According to Le Bret in Scene 2, How has Cyrano changed of late?
4. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
5. How does Cyrano embarrass the Comte de Guiche in Scene 4?
6. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
7. Describe the state of the battle at the end of Act 4?
8. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
9. How does Roxane bring food to the troops?
10. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)