|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 6, one cadet tells Roxanne that he is crying for what reason?
(a) He has not slept in days
(b) She is so beautiful
(c) The food is so good
(d) He is afraid to die
2. Who informs Cyrano of Christian's fatal wound?
(b) de Guiche
(d) Le Bret
3. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
4. How many years after the events of Act 4 does Act 5 take place?
5. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
2. In what month does this Act take place?
3. At the beginning of Act 5, what does Sister Martha accuse Sister Claire of doing?
4. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
5. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the state of the battle at the end of Act 4?
2. What news of Cyrano does Ragueneau bring in Scene 3?
3. According to Le Bret in Scene 2, How has Cyrano changed of late?
4. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
5. How does Cyrano distract the Comte de Guiche while Roxane and Christian marry?
6. How has Roxane's love changed in the months since the siege?
7. What does Roxane say about her surroundings at the beginning of Scene 4?
8. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
9. In Scene 2, what news has de Guiche heard regarding Cyrano?
10. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)