|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roxane reason Cyrano is late?
(a) A sister detains him
(b) Some accident has occured
(c) He is picking up flowers
(d) He has forgotten
2. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
3. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
(a) The plight of the troops
(b) She does not know
(c) Her loneliness
(d) His letters
4. One cadet in Scene 2 offers all his lordly titles for what food?
(b) An apple
5. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
(a) That Christian with write often
(b) That Christian will be place at the back of the line
(c) That Christian will remain faithful
(d) That Christian will not suffer in the cold
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
2. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
3. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
4. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
5. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
2. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is her true suitor?
3. How does Roxane reason Cyrano's absence at his appointed time?
4. How does Christian realize that Cyrano loves Roxane in Scene 4?
5. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
6. Why does Cyrano wait so long to tell Roxane the truth?
7. What revenge does de Guiche take on Cyrano and Christian in Scene 14?
8. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
9. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth regarding the letters?
10. Describe the setting of Act 5.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)