|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
(c) Compte de Guiche
(d) The Citizen
2. At the end of Scene 7, Cyrano is shocked that Christian requests what of Roxane?
(a) That she marry him
(b) That she leave Paris immediately
(c) That she never see him again
(d) That she kiss him
3. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
(a) Ragueneau's shop
(b) The Hotel Bourgogne
(c) Cyrano's lodging
(d) The barracks
4. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
(a) A musketeer
(b) An actor
(c) A priest
(d) A chef
5. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
2. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
3. Why does Roxanne not want Cyrano to tell Christian what she wants him to discuss?
4. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
5. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
2. What furtive disagreement do Christian and Cyrano has at the end of Scene 7?
3. How does Cyrano delay Christian's kiss in Scene 10?
4. How does Roxane reason Cyrano's absence at his appointed time?
5. What offer does Christian make to Cyrano in Scene 9?
6. How does Cyrano react to the loutish Citizen's attack on his nose?
7. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
8. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
9. Describe Christian's interchange with Roxane in Scene 5.
10. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)