|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is trying to seduce the Flower Girl in the first scene?
(a) The cavalier
(b) The burgher
(c) The watchman
(d) The youth
2. What musical metaphor does Roxane use to describe love in Scene 5?
3. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Envy and Cowardice
(b) Frivolity and Foolishness
(c) Greed and Deceit
(d) Hatred and Fear
4. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
5. Which of the following items is not a part of Cyrano's dinner?
(a) A sliver of ham
(b) A macaroon
(c) A grape
(d) A glass of water
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
2. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
3. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
4. Who does Cyrano strike at the end of Act 2?
5. At the beginning of Scene 3, Roxane warns the Duenna not to tell who of her deceit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cyrano's relationship with Roxane in Act 5?
2. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
3. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
4. What new sadness has befallen Ragueneau at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
6. How does the cadets' attitude toward the Comte de Guiche change in Scene 7?
7. Why do Le Bret and Carbon call on Cyrano at the end of Scene 1?
8. In Scene 2, what news has de Guiche heard regarding Cyrano?
9. Describe Lise.
10. What declaration does Roxane make about the feast?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)