|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) No subject
(b) The classical poets
(c) The way or war
(d) The afterlife
2. What two drinks does Roxane compare to express her disappointment with Christian's words to her?
(a) Beer and sherry
(b) Water and nectar
(c) Cider and champagne
(d) Juice and wine
3. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
(a) His tears
(b) His sword
(c) His pride
(d) His wit
4. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
5. Who warns Christian that Ligniere's life is in danger?
(a) The foodseller
(b) A pickpocket
Short Answer Questions
1. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
2. What does Cyrano offer to Christian to aid him in his pursuit of Roxane?
3. In Scene 6, what does Roxane say she would do if her beloved were stupid?
4. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
5. What does Ragueneau actively ignore in his shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano decide to convince Roxane to kiss Christian?
2. How does Roxane prevent Christian's going to battle in Scene 2?
3. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
4. How does Cyrano react to the loutish Citizen's attack on his nose?
5. With what has Ragueneau been preoccupied in Act 2?
6. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
7. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
8. How does Cyrano get rid of the Duenna?
9. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
10. What news does Roxane tell Cyrano in Scene 6?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)