|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The raising of the curtain
(b) The lighting of the chandeliers
(c) The beginning of the dumb-show
(d) The playing of music
2. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
3. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
(a) Cookshop of Cadets
(b) Cookshop of Comtes
(c) Cookshop of Poets
(d) Cookshop of Citizens
4. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
5. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
2. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
3. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
4. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
5. What two drinks does Roxane compare to express her disappointment with Christian's words to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
2. With what has Ragueneau been preoccupied in Act 2?
3. Why does Christian insult Cyrano's nose in Scene 9?
4. How does Cyrano react to the loutish Citizen's attack on his nose?
5. Describe Lise.
6. What job is Cyrano given in Scene 12?
7. Why does Ragueneau expect Cyrano at the play?
8. What point does Cyrano make in Scene 8 about patronage of the arts?
9. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
10. Why hasn't Cyrano professed his love to Roxane?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)