|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not someone to whom Roxane says goodbye as she returns from Clomire's?
2. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
3. In Scene 7, Christian compares his love to two mythological figures: Cupid and whom?
4. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
(d) Le Bret
5. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
(b) Singing twins
(d) Trained monkeys
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
2. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
3. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
4. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
5. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
2. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
3. How does Roxane trick the monk in Scene 11?
4. What requests does Roxane make of Cyrano before leaving in Scene 3?
5. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
6. How does Cyrano react to the loutish Citizen's attack on his nose?
7. What news does Roxane tell Cyrano in Scene 6?
8. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
9. Why does Ragueneau expect Cyrano at the play?
10. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)