|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
2. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(c) The musketeer
(d) A poet
3. Which of the following items is not a part of Cyrano's dinner?
(a) A sliver of ham
(b) A macaroon
(c) A grape
(d) A glass of water
4. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
(b) The street
(c) A back room
(d) The cellar
5. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
2. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
3. What is Cyrano doing when he enters in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
5. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roxane prevent Christian's going to battle in Scene 2?
2. What furtive disagreement do Christian and Cyrano has at the end of Scene 7?
3. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
4. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
5. How does Cyrano delay Christian's kiss in Scene 10?
6. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
7. What point does Cyrano make in Scene 8 about patronage of the arts?
8. How do Cyrano and Christian intend to speak to Roxane at the end of Scene 6?
9. What offer does de Guiche make Cyrano, and why does Cyrano refuse?
10. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)