|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(a) Tosses pebbles at her window
(b) Sends a page to her room
(c) Scales the balcony
2. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(b) de Guiche
3. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) German opera
(b) English dumbshow
(c) Spanish drama
(d) French farce
4. Which character is trying to seduce the Flower Girl in the first scene?
(a) The burgher
(b) The watchman
(c) The cavalier
(d) The youth
5. What character briefly enters the courtyard in Scene 8?
(a) A cadet
(b) A page
(c) A poet
(d) A monk
Short Answer Questions
1. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
2. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
3. In Scene 7, Christian compares his love to two mythological figures: Cupid and whom?
4. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
5. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What requests does Roxane make of Cyrano before leaving in Scene 3?
2. What offer does de Guiche make Cyrano, and why does Cyrano refuse?
3. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
4. What furtive disagreement do Christian and Cyrano has at the end of Scene 7?
5. How does Cyrano react to the loutish Citizen's attack on his nose?
6. What plan do Cyrano and Christian hatch by the end of Scene 10?
7. Describe Christian's interchange with Roxane in Scene 5.
8. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
9. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
10. With what has Ragueneau been preoccupied in Act 2?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)