|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ligniere bring to the theatre at the end of Scene 1?
(a) Le Bret
2. Which character is trying to seduce the Flower Girl in the first scene?
(a) The cavalier
(b) The burgher
(c) The watchman
(d) The youth
3. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(a) An hour
(b) 2 hours
(c) 15 minutes
4. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
(b) 3 o'clock
(c) Seven o'clock
5. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) The afterlife
(b) The way or war
(c) No subject
(d) The classical poets
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
2. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
3. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
4. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
5. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christian's interchange with Roxane in Scene 5.
2. How does Roxane prevent Christian's going to battle in Scene 2?
3. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
4. Why does Christian insult Cyrano's nose in Scene 9?
5. What point does Cyrano make in Scene 8 about patronage of the arts?
6. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
7. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
8. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
9. What news does Roxane tell Cyrano in Scene 6?
10. How does Roxane trick the monk in Scene 11?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)