|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roxanne not want Cyrano to tell Christian what she wants him to discuss?
(a) He might feel unsure fo himself
(b) He might prepare something beforehand
(c) He might try too hard to please her
(d) He might be offended
2. What is Ragueneau's profession?
3. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) A mask
(b) His love letter
(c) His plume
(d) His sword
4. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
(a) Cookshop of Poets
(b) Cookshop of Comtes
(c) Cookshop of Cadets
(d) Cookshop of Citizens
5. Where does Roxane wish to meet Cyrano the following day?
(a) Ragueneau's shop
(b) His lodging
(c) the Jardin des Plantes
(d) Saint Roch
Short Answer Questions
1. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
2. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
3. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
4. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
5. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at the beginning of the play.
2. Why does Cyrano decide to convince Roxane to kiss Christian?
3. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
4. How does Cyrano delay Christian's kiss in Scene 10?
5. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
6. What new sadness has befallen Ragueneau at the beginning of Act 3?
7. What offer does de Guiche make Cyrano, and why does Cyrano refuse?
8. Why hasn't Cyrano professed his love to Roxane?
9. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
10. Why does Christian insult Cyrano's nose in Scene 9?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)