|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(d) de Guiche
2. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Raspberry cream puffs
(b) Braised pork with capers
(c) Almond cheese-cakes
(d) Game hen with shallots
3. Why does Roxanne not want Cyrano to tell Christian what she wants him to discuss?
(a) He might prepare something beforehand
(b) He might be offended
(c) He might try too hard to please her
(d) He might feel unsure fo himself
4. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
(b) Trained monkeys
(d) Singing twins
5. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
(b) The Seven Caesars
(c) Henry V
(d) Don Quixote
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
2. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
3. To what English lord does Cyrano compare himself in Scene 10?
4. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
5. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What requests does Roxane make of Cyrano before leaving in Scene 3?
2. Why does Ragueneau expect Cyrano at the play?
3. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
4. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
5. How does Roxane prevent Christian's going to battle in Scene 2?
6. How do Cyrano and Christian intend to speak to Roxane at the end of Scene 6?
7. What job is Cyrano given in Scene 12?
8. What news does Roxane tell Cyrano in Scene 6?
9. Why does Christian insult Cyrano's nose in Scene 9?
10. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)