|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
(c) Madame Le Farge
(d) Edmond Dantes
2. What is Cyrano doing when he enters in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) His love letter
(b) A mask
(c) His sword
(d) His plume
4. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(a) La Duenna
(d) de Guiche
5. Where does Cyrano appear in Scene 3?
(a) The audience pit
(b) The rafters
(c) The stage
(d) De Guiche's box
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian repeatedly protest he will do if Cyrano does not help him in Scene 6?
2. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
3. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
4. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
5. What does Cyrano implore Roxane not to do in Scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
2. Describe Christian's interchange with Roxane in Scene 5.
3. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
4. How does Roxane prevent Christian's going to battle in Scene 2?
5. What job is Cyrano given in Scene 12?
6. What new sadness has befallen Ragueneau at the beginning of Act 3?
7. What news does Roxane tell Cyrano in Scene 6?
8. Describe Lise.
9. How does Roxane trick the monk in Scene 11?
10. Describe the scene at the beginning of the play.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)