|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ragueneau actively ignore in his shop?
(a) Musketeer's seduction
(b) Overstuffed pastries
(c) Poet's theft
(d) Rodent infestation
2. About what subject, according to Lise, will Ragueneau stop talking?
(a) Cyrano fight with thr ruffians
(b) Meeting D'Artagnan
(c) Roxane's immenant arrival
(d) Cyrano's rhymed duel
3. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
4. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
(a) Louis XIV
(c) Marquis de Sade
(d) Cardinal Richelieu
5. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(b) Tosses pebbles at her window
(c) Sends a page to her room
(d) Scales the balcony
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
2. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
3. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
4. What does Cyrano implore Roxane not to do in Scene 7?
5. Who warns Christian that Ligniere's life is in danger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
2. What offer does de Guiche make Cyrano, and why does Cyrano refuse?
3. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
4. How does Roxane prevent Christian's going to battle in Scene 2?
5. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
6. What furtive disagreement do Christian and Cyrano has at the end of Scene 7?
7. Why does Christian insult Cyrano's nose in Scene 9?
8. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
9. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
10. How does Cyrano delay Christian's kiss in Scene 10?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)