|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
(a) His thigh
(b) His hand
(c) His shoulder
(d) His nose
2. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) French farce
(b) Spanish drama
(c) English dumbshow
(d) German opera
3. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
4. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(b) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(c) Better than Cyrano's
(d) Equal to Cyrano's
5. What musical metaphor does Roxane use to describe love in Scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
2. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
3. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
4. Which of the following is not someone to whom Roxane says goodbye as she returns from Clomire's?
5. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lise.
2. How does Roxane prevent Christian's going to battle in Scene 2?
3. What plan do Cyrano and Christian hatch by the end of Scene 10?
4. What new sadness has befallen Ragueneau at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
6. Why does Ragueneau expect Cyrano at the play?
7. Describe Christian's interchange with Roxane in Scene 5.
8. How does Roxane trick the monk in Scene 11?
9. Why does Christian insult Cyrano's nose in Scene 9?
10. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)