|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano offer to Christian to aid him in his pursuit of Roxane?
(a) His protection
(b) His eloquence
(c) His sword
(d) His clout
2. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
(a) A page
(b) A poet
(c) A cavelier
(d) A pickpocket
3. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
(b) Seven o'clock
(c) 3 o'clock
4. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) Her hand in marriage
(b) A chateau in Provence
(c) An archbishopric
(d) 250 crowns
5. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(b) Shucked corn
(c) Flayed rabbit
(d) Chopped wood
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
2. What does Ragueneau actively ignore in his shop?
3. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
4. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
5. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Christian distraught at the end of Scene 8?
2. What offer does de Guiche make Cyrano, and why does Cyrano refuse?
3. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
4. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
5. With what has Ragueneau been preoccupied in Act 2?
6. Why do Le Bret and Carbon call on Cyrano at the end of Scene 1?
7. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
8. How does Roxane prevent Christian's going to battle in Scene 2?
9. How does Roxane make her way to the Gascony cadets?
10. How does Cyrano distract the Comte de Guiche while Roxane and Christian marry?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)