|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Fought corwds single-handedly
(b) Forgotten to eat for days
(c) Written Roxane a love letter
(d) Given all his money away
2. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The playing of music
(b) The beginning of the dumb-show
(c) The lighting of the chandeliers
(d) The raising of the curtain
3. How does Cyrano convince the Duenna to leave him alone with Roxane?
(a) He pays her some money
(b) He sends her on an errand
(c) He gives her pastries
(d) He threatens her
4. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
5. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
(b) His home
(c) The military camp
(d) The pubs
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
2. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
3. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
4. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
5. What is Cyrano doing when he enters in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
2. What point does Cyrano make in Scene 8 about patronage of the arts?
3. What requests does Roxane make of Cyrano before leaving in Scene 3?
4. Describe Lise.
5. Why does Ragueneau expect Cyrano at the play?
6. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
7. How does Cyrano get rid of the Duenna?
8. Describe the scene at the beginning of the play.
9. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
10. How does Roxane trick the monk in Scene 11?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)