|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
(a) His shoulder
(b) His hand
(c) His nose
(d) His thigh
2. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) The way or war
(b) No subject
(c) The classical poets
(d) The afterlife
3. Which of the following is not someone to whom Roxane says goodbye as she returns from Clomire's?
4. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
(a) His sword
(b) His pride
(c) His wit
(d) His tears
5. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
(b) Her lodging
(c) Comte de Guiche's convent
(d) Raguenau's shop
Short Answer Questions
1. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
2. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
3. In Scene 5, what does Cyrano protest he has never done, though he has good cause?
4. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
5. Which of the following items is not a part of Cyrano's dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
2. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
3. How does Cyrano get rid of the Duenna?
4. What new sadness has befallen Ragueneau at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What point does Cyrano make in Scene 8 about patronage of the arts?
6. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
7. Describe the scene at the beginning of the play.
8. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
9. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
10. What plan do Cyrano and Christian hatch by the end of Scene 10?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)