|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
(b) The Citizen
(c) Compte de Guiche
2. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) The way or war
(b) The classical poets
(c) No subject
(d) The afterlife
3. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
(a) A back room
(b) The cellar
(d) The street
4. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
(a) He is young
(b) He is a lord
(c) He has only recently met her
(d) He is handsome
5. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) French farce
(b) German opera
(c) Spanish drama
(d) English dumbshow
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
2. What does Cyrano warn the officers at the theatre not to do as the ruffians attack?
3. Which character is trying to seduce the Flower Girl in the first scene?
4. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
5. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
2. How does Cyrano delay Christian's kiss in Scene 10?
3. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
4. How does Roxane trick the monk in Scene 11?
5. What news does Roxane tell Cyrano in Scene 6?
6. Why does Ragueneau expect Cyrano at the play?
7. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
8. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
9. Why hasn't Cyrano professed his love to Roxane?
10. Describe Lise.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)