|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(a) Scales the balcony
(c) Tosses pebbles at her window
(d) Sends a page to her room
2. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(a) Flayed rabbit
(c) Shucked corn
(d) Chopped wood
3. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The lighting of the chandeliers
(b) The beginning of the dumb-show
(c) The playing of music
(d) The raising of the curtain
4. What does Cyrano implore Roxane not to do in Scene 7?
(a) Leave for bed
(b) Descend from the balcony
(c) Kiss him
(d) Speak ill of him
5. Where does Cyrano appear in Scene 3?
(a) The rafters
(b) De Guiche's box
(c) The audience pit
(d) The stage
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
2. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
3. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
4. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
5. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cyrano react to the loutish Citizen's attack on his nose?
2. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
3. What point does Cyrano make in Scene 8 about patronage of the arts?
4. Describe Christian's interchange with Roxane in Scene 5.
5. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
6. What requests does Roxane make of Cyrano before leaving in Scene 3?
7. How does Cyrano delay Christian's kiss in Scene 10?
8. What new sadness has befallen Ragueneau at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What furtive disagreement do Christian and Cyrano has at the end of Scene 7?
10. How does Roxane prevent Christian's going to battle in Scene 2?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)