|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what subject, according to Lise, will Ragueneau stop talking?
(a) Roxane's immenant arrival
(b) Meeting D'Artagnan
(c) Cyrano fight with thr ruffians
(d) Cyrano's rhymed duel
2. What does Cyrano warn the officers at the theatre not to do as the ruffians attack?
(b) Hold him back
(c) Help him
3. Who does Ligniere bring to the theatre at the end of Scene 1?
(d) Le Bret
4. What does Cyrano offer to Christian to aid him in his pursuit of Roxane?
(a) His clout
(b) His sword
(c) His eloquence
(d) His protection
5. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(a) Better than Cyrano's
(c) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(d) Equal to Cyrano's
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene 7, Cyrano is shocked that Christian requests what of Roxane?
2. What character briefly enters the courtyard in Scene 8?
3. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
4. What does Christian repeatedly protest he will do if Cyrano does not help him in Scene 6?
5. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roxane trick the monk in Scene 11?
2. What point does Cyrano make in Scene 8 about patronage of the arts?
3. Why does Ragueneau expect Cyrano at the play?
4. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
5. Describe Christian's interchange with Roxane in Scene 5.
6. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
7. Why hasn't Cyrano professed his love to Roxane?
8. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
9. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
10. Describe the scene at the beginning of the play.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)