|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
2. Who does Cyrano strike at the end of Act 2?
(a) The musketeer
(d) A poet
3. What is Ragueneau's profession?
4. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
5. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
(a) Draw his sword
(b) Leave the shop
(c) Embrace him
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
2. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
3. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
4. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
5. What does Cyrano implore Roxane not to do in Scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lise.
2. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
3. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
4. Describe the scene at the beginning of the play.
5. Why does Christian insult Cyrano's nose in Scene 9?
6. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
7. Why does Ragueneau expect Cyrano at the play?
8. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
9. Why hasn't Cyrano professed his love to Roxane?
10. What furtive disagreement do Christian and Cyrano has at the end of Scene 7?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)