|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christian repeatedly protest he will do if Cyrano does not help him in Scene 6?
(a) Seduce the Duenna
(c) Leave the Guards
(d) Tell Roxane of his deceit
2. What is Ragueneau's profession?
3. At the end of Scene 7, Cyrano is shocked that Christian requests what of Roxane?
(a) That she never see him again
(b) That she leave Paris immediately
(c) That she marry him
(d) That she kiss him
4. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(a) Chopped wood
(b) Flayed rabbit
(d) Shucked corn
5. In Scene 7, Christian compares his love to two mythological figures: Cupid and whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
2. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
3. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
4. What character briefly enters the courtyard in Scene 8?
5. What does Lise use as wrapping for Ragueneau's food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
2. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
3. Why hasn't Cyrano professed his love to Roxane?
4. How do Cyrano and Christian intend to speak to Roxane at the end of Scene 6?
5. With what has Ragueneau been preoccupied in Act 2?
6. What offer does de Guiche make Cyrano, and why does Cyrano refuse?
7. How does Cyrano react to the loutish Citizen's attack on his nose?
8. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
9. What new sadness has befallen Ragueneau at the beginning of Act 3?
10. How does Cyrano get rid of the Duenna?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)