|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 7, Christian compares his love to two mythological figures: Cupid and whom?
2. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
(a) He is a lord
(b) He is young
(c) He has only recently met her
(d) He is handsome
3. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) The classical poets
(b) No subject
(c) The afterlife
(d) The way or war
4. What is Cyrano doing when he enters in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
(a) Lavender and Crimson
(b) Red and Blue
(c) Black and White
(d) Pink and Gold
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
2. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
3. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
4. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
5. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
2. What new sadness has befallen Ragueneau at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What plan do Cyrano and Christian hatch by the end of Scene 10?
4. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
5. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
6. What requests does Roxane make of Cyrano before leaving in Scene 3?
7. How does Cyrano get rid of the Duenna?
8. How does Cyrano explain Christian's uncertain poetry to Roxane?
9. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
10. What job is Cyrano given in Scene 12?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)