|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
(b) Edmond Dantes
(d) Madame Le Farge
2. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) A mask
(b) His plume
(c) His sword
(d) His love letter
3. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) The way or war
(b) No subject
(c) The afterlife
(d) The classical poets
4. What does Christian repeatedly protest he will do if Cyrano does not help him in Scene 6?
(a) Leave the Guards
(b) Seduce the Duenna
(d) Tell Roxane of his deceit
5. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, at the beginning of the Act is relating his misfortunes to the Duenna?
2. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
3. In Scene 5, what does Cyrano protest he has never done, though he has good cause?
4. Which of the following is not an object to which Cyrano compares a kiss?
5. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano embrace Christian at the beginning of Scene 10?
2. Describe Cyrano in Scene 5.
3. With what has Ragueneau been preoccupied in Act 2?
4. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
5. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
6. What offer does de Guiche make Cyrano, and why does Cyrano refuse?
7. What point does Cyrano make in Scene 8 about patronage of the arts?
8. What requests does Roxane make of Cyrano before leaving in Scene 3?
9. Why hasn't Cyrano professed his love to Roxane?
10. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is her true suitor?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)