|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 7, Cyrano is shocked that Christian requests what of Roxane?
(a) That she leave Paris immediately
(b) That she kiss him
(c) That she never see him again
(d) That she marry him
2. How does Cyrano convince the Duenna to leave him alone with Roxane?
(a) He pays her some money
(b) He sends her on an errand
(c) He threatens her
(d) He gives her pastries
3. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(a) A poet
(c) The musketeer
4. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
5. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who climbs Roxane's balcony at the end of Scene 6?
2. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
3. Which of the following is not an object to which Cyrano compares a kiss?
4. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
5. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
2. Why does Christian insult Cyrano's nose in Scene 9?
3. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
4. Why hasn't Cyrano professed his love to Roxane?
5. Describe Christian's interchange with Roxane in Scene 5.
6. Why does Cyrano decide to convince Roxane to kiss Christian?
7. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
8. How is Christian resistant to Cyrano in Scene 4?
9. How does Cyrano react to the loutish Citizen's attack on his nose?
10. What job is Cyrano given in Scene 12?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)