|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Trained monkeys
(b) Singing twins
2. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
(a) His thigh
(b) His shoulder
(c) His hand
(d) His nose
3. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
(a) A cavelier
(b) A pickpocket
(c) A poet
(d) A page
4. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
5. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
(a) Pink and Gold
(b) Black and White
(c) Lavender and Crimson
(d) Red and Blue
Short Answer Questions
1. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
2. Why does Roxanne not want Cyrano to tell Christian what she wants him to discuss?
3. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
4. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
5. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roxane incorrectly assume when she see's Ragueneau and Le Bret exit in Scene 3?
2. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
3. Why are the troops starving at the beginning of Act 4?
4. How do Cyrano and Christian intend to speak to Roxane at the end of Scene 6?
5. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
6. How does Roxane bring food to the troops?
7. How does Roxane reason Cyrano's absence at his appointed time?
8. What lie does Cyrano tell Christian before he dies?
9. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
10. Describe Lise.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)