|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 6, one cadet tells Roxanne that he is crying for what reason?
(a) She is so beautiful
(b) He has not slept in days
(c) He is afraid to die
(d) The food is so good
2. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
(a) A drum
(b) An anthem
(c) A flag
(d) A standard
3. With what activity is Roxane employing herself throughout Scene 4?
4. Where does Roxane keep Christian's final letter to her?
(a) In a reliquary
(b) Against her heart
(c) Framed on her wall
(d) Beneath her pillow
5. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) They have terrible hearing
(b) They are drunk
(c) They are asleep
(d) He is too stealthy
6. In Scene 4, what is brought out in preparation for Cyrano?
(a) A bowl of rose water
(b) An armchair
(c) A copy of the gazette
(d) A plate of fruit
7. To which Greek god does Roxane compare Christian in Scene 8?
8. What does Christian ask Roxane to do at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Forget him after he dies
(b) Bring him another glass of wine
(c) Ask Cyrano about the letters
(d) Visit the other men
9. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
(a) He is half-asleep
(b) He is fat
(c) He is pale
(d) He is in a rage
10. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Die on the field of battle
(b) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
(c) Annul his marriage to Roxane
(d) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
11. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
(a) Her hands
(b) Her lips
(c) Her eyes
(d) Her feet
12. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
13. Why does Roxane reason Cyrano is late?
(a) He has forgotten
(b) He is picking up flowers
(c) Some accident has occured
(d) A sister detains him
14. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
(a) Delivers Christian's letter
(b) Scavenges for food in the woods
(c) Rouses the troops with a bawdy poem
15. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
2. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
3. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
4. What does Christian discover in Cyrano's most recent letter to Roxane that shocks him in Scene 4?
5. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)