|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does de Guiche's voice change after he decides to stay and fight?
(a) It quavers with fear
(b) It goes silent
(c) It takes on a Gascon accent
(d) It deepens with manly readiness
2. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
(a) Delivers Christian's letter
(c) Rouses the troops with a bawdy poem
(d) Scavenges for food in the woods
3. In what state did Ragueneau leave Cyrano before coming to the convent?
4. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
5. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
(a) Her hands
(b) Her eyes
(c) Her lips
(d) Her feet
6. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
7. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
8. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) He is too stealthy
(b) They have terrible hearing
(c) They are drunk
(d) They are asleep
9. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(a) A rival
(d) A devil
10. On what day does Cyrano customarily visit the convent?
11. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(a) The Aeneid
(b) The Iliad
(c) The Odyssey
12. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
(a) New muskets
(b) A cannon
(c) A wall of sandbags
(d) A few extra men
13. What weapon has wounded Carbon at the end of Act 4?
14. In what month does this Act take place?
15. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Give him money
(b) Shake his hand
(c) Reminisce with him
(d) Slap him
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
2. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
3. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
4. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
5. When de Guiche accuses a cadet of being intoxicated, the cadet claims to be so because of what?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)