|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Cyrano customarily visit the convent?
2. What has attracted the Comte de Guiche to the camp at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) Roxane's presence
(b) The smell
(c) The imminent battle
(d) The singing
3. What does Roxane say she followed to find Arras?
(a) Her heart
(b) The devastation
(c) The map
(d) The north star
4. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
(a) To her mother
(b) To her church
(c) To her lover
(d) To her farm
5. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
(a) Scavenges for food in the woods
(b) Delivers Christian's letter
(d) Rouses the troops with a bawdy poem
6. Who is walking with Roxane in Scene 1?
(a) Le Bret
(b) de Guiche
7. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
8. What sin does Cyrano proudly confess to Sister Martha?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain
(b) Eating meat on Friday
(d) Brawling with women
9. With what activity is Roxane employing herself throughout Scene 4?
10. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
(a) He is red
(b) He is running away
(c) He is crying
(d) He is asleep
11. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is pale
(b) He is angry
(c) He is crying
(d) He is weak
12. Which major character is not present onstage at the beginning of Scene 10?
(d) de Guiche
13. What reason does the Comte de Guiche give for leaving at the end of Scene 5?
(a) He must rally the other troops
(b) He must inspect his guns
(c) He must strike his tent
(d) He must polish his armor
14. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
15. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
(b) He loves Roxane
(c) He expects to die
(d) He intends to call a retreat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
2. At the beginning of Scene 5, what is Cyrano afraid to do?
3. One cadet in Scene 2 offers all his lordly titles for what food?
4. Which of the following coach parts is used to smuggle food to the cadets?
5. Which of the following is not a term that Roxane uses to describe Christian's prose in her speech in Scene 8?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)