|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
2. Which major character is not present onstage at the beginning of Scene 10?
(b) de Guiche
3. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
(a) His love's kiss
(b) His plume
(c) His sword
(d) His soul
4. Which of the following is not a constellation with which Cyrano claims to have interacted on his drop from the moon?
(a) The Trident
(d) The Great Bear
5. Why does Roxane reason Cyrano is late?
(a) He has forgotten
(b) A sister detains him
(c) Some accident has occured
(d) He is picking up flowers
6. What weapon has wounded Carbon at the end of Act 4?
7. Which two characters are alone onstage at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Ragueneau and de Guiche
(b) Le Bret and de Guiche
(c) Le Bret and Raguenau
(d) Roxane and Ragueneau
8. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is not reading the letter from Christian?
(a) It is too dark out
(b) The words are not correct
(c) The letter is still folded
(d) His eyes closed
9. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
(a) The plight of the troops
(b) Her loneliness
(c) She does not know
(d) His letters
10. According to the Comte de Guiche, what does the trumpet sounding signify to the troops?
(a) Reinforcements arriving
(b) The Spanish retreating
(c) The death of their commander
(d) The fall of the enemy battlements
11. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
12. In Scene 4, what indicates to Roxane that Cyrano should have arrived?
(a) The arrival of his customary chair
(b) The clock striking
(c) The recitiation of evening prayer
(d) The position of the sun
13. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(b) The Aeneid
(c) The Odyssey
(d) The Iliad
14. Which of the following items is not something the cadets seek out at the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) A pocket-mirror
(c) A razor
15. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Reminisce with him
(b) Give him money
(c) Shake his hand
(d) Slap him
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
2. When de Guiche accuses a cadet of being intoxicated, the cadet claims to be so because of what?
3. Where does Cyrano tell Le Bret he expects to go after death?
4. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
5. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)