|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, what is brought out in preparation for Cyrano?
(a) A copy of the gazette
(b) A plate of fruit
(c) An armchair
(d) A bowl of rose water
2. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
(a) An anthem
(b) A flag
(c) A standard
(d) A drum
3. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(d) de Guiche
4. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
(a) To her lover
(b) To her mother
(c) To her farm
(d) To her church
5. What weapon has been used to mortally injure Cyrano?
(a) A wagon wheel
(b) A scythe
(c) A block of wood
(d) A musket
6. Which of the following is not a term that Roxane uses to describe Christian's prose in her speech in Scene 8?
7. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
8. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
(a) He is asleep
(b) He is crying
(c) He is red
(d) He is running away
9. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Shake his hand
(b) Slap him
(c) Reminisce with him
(d) Give him money
10. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(b) The Iliad
(c) The Odyssey
(d) The Aeneid
11. To which Greek god does Roxane compare Christian in Scene 8?
12. What weapon has wounded Carbon at the end of Act 4?
13. What does Roxane say she followed to find Arras?
(a) Her heart
(b) The map
(c) The north star
(d) The devastation
14. With what activity is Roxane employing herself throughout Scene 4?
15. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
(a) His scarf
(b) His plume
(c) His sword
(d) His helmet
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
2. What does Cyrano generally do regarding Sisters Claire and Martha?
3. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
4. Who is walking with Roxane in Scene 1?
5. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)