|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
(a) He is asleep
(b) He is running away
(c) He is crying
(d) He is red
2. What has attracted the Comte de Guiche to the camp at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) The smell
(b) Roxane's presence
(c) The imminent battle
(d) The singing
3. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
(a) His sword
(b) His plume
(c) His helmet
(d) His scarf
4. What does Christian ask Roxane to do at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Visit the other men
(b) Bring him another glass of wine
(c) Ask Cyrano about the letters
(d) Forget him after he dies
5. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
6. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Give him money
(b) Reminisce with him
(c) Slap him
(d) Shake his hand
7. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
(a) His soul
(b) His love's kiss
(c) His plume
(d) His sword
8. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
9. Where does Cyrano tell Le Bret he expects to go after death?
(b) The moon
10. What does Cyrano generally do regarding Sisters Claire and Martha?
(a) Badger them
(b) Flirt with them
(c) Tease them
(d) Ignore them
11. Through what building does Le Bret exit at the end of Scene 3?
(a) The stable
(b) The refractory
(c) The chapel
(d) The nave
12. What sin does Cyrano proudly confess to Sister Martha?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain
(c) Eating meat on Friday
(d) Brawling with women
13. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
(a) Her lips
(b) Her feet
(c) Her eyes
(d) Her hands
14. Who reenters at the end of Scene 3?
(a) de Guiche
(b) Mother Margaret
(d) Sister Claire
15. In what state did Ragueneau leave Cyrano before coming to the convent?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
2. One cadet in Scene 2 offers all his lordly titles for what food?
3. What does de Guiche recommend Cyrano do in Scene 2?
4. Which of the following is not a location that Cyrano guesses he is while stalling de Guiche?
5. What does Le Bret announce must be done immediately upon hearing of Cyrano's injury?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)