|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
2. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is not reading the letter from Christian?
(a) The words are not correct
(b) His eyes closed
(c) The letter is still folded
(d) It is too dark out
3. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
(a) He is pale
(b) He is in a rage
(c) He is half-asleep
(d) He is fat
4. Where does Roxane keep Christian's final letter to her?
(a) Framed on her wall
(b) Against her heart
(c) Beneath her pillow
(d) In a reliquary
5. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
6. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
7. Which two characters are alone onstage at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Le Bret and de Guiche
(b) Ragueneau and de Guiche
(c) Roxane and Ragueneau
(d) Le Bret and Raguenau
8. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
9. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(b) de Guiche
10. Which of the following is not a term that Roxane uses to describe Christian's prose in her speech in Scene 8?
11. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
(a) His love's kiss
(b) His sword
(c) His plume
(d) His soul
12. At the beginning of Scene 5, what is Cyrano afraid to do?
(a) Speak to Christian
(b) Enter the battle
(c) Fall asleep
(d) Look at Roxane
13. What has attracted the Comte de Guiche to the camp at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) The smell
(b) The imminent battle
(c) Roxane's presence
(d) The singing
14. What does Christian ask Roxane to do at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Forget him after he dies
(b) Ask Cyrano about the letters
(c) Bring him another glass of wine
(d) Visit the other men
15. How does de Guiche's voice change after he decides to stay and fight?
(a) It quavers with fear
(b) It deepens with manly readiness
(c) It goes silent
(d) It takes on a Gascon accent
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
2. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
3. Which of the following items is not something the cadets seek out at the beginning of Scene 6?
4. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
5. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)