|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
(a) A sparrow
(b) A carp
(c) A pheasant
(d) A trout
2. What item does Roxane take from Christian's body in Scene 10?
(a) His plume
(b) His sword
(c) A letter
(d) A rosary
3. Which of the following characters is not present at the beginning of Scene 1?
(b) Le Bret
4. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
5. Which is the first instrument that Cyrano instructs be played in Scene 3?
(a) The castanet
(b) The lyre
(c) The fife
(d) The drum
6. Which of the following is not a term that Roxane uses to describe Christian's prose in her speech in Scene 8?
7. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
8. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
9. Why does Roxane reason Cyrano is late?
(a) Some accident has occured
(b) He is picking up flowers
(c) He has forgotten
(d) A sister detains him
10. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
(a) His plume
(b) His soul
(c) His love's kiss
(d) His sword
11. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(a) de Guiche
12. According to the Comte de Guiche, what does the trumpet sounding signify to the troops?
(a) The Spanish retreating
(b) Reinforcements arriving
(c) The fall of the enemy battlements
(d) The death of their commander
13. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
14. One cadet in Scene 2 offers all his lordly titles for what food?
(b) An apple
15. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What moment in the play does Cyrano claim to Roxane was the epitome of his life?
2. On what does Cyrano blame his fainting in Scene 5?
3. What has attracted the Comte de Guiche to the camp at the beginning of Scene 7?
4. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
5. What does Le Bret announce must be done immediately upon hearing of Cyrano's injury?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)