|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Le Bret announce must be done immediately upon hearing of Cyrano's injury?
(a) Cyrano must be taken from Paris
(b) Burial arrangements must be made
(c) The murderers must be found
(d) Roxane must be told
2. With what activity is Roxane employing herself throughout Scene 4?
3. Where does Cyrano tell Le Bret he expects to go after death?
(d) The moon
4. At the beginning of Act 5, what does Sister Martha accuse Sister Claire of doing?
(a) Not washing her habit
(b) Looking at herself in the mirror
(c) Taking the lords name in vain
(d) Taking extra breakfast
5. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
6. Which of the following characters is not present at the beginning of Scene 1?
(b) Le Bret
7. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Never speak a word to her again
(b) Tell her the truth
(c) Leave the camp
(d) Get her away from the siege
8. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
(a) He is crying
(b) He is red
(c) He is asleep
(d) He is running away
9. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) He is too stealthy
(b) They are asleep
(c) They are drunk
(d) They have terrible hearing
10. Who informs Cyrano of Christian's fatal wound?
(b) de Guiche
(d) Le Bret
11. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The blood
(b) The intent
(c) The love
(d) The spirit
12. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(b) de Guiche
13. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
14. When de Guiche accuses a cadet of being intoxicated, the cadet claims to be so because of what?
(a) His love of France
(c) The presence of a beautiful woman
(d) The smell of powder
15. In Scene 4, what is brought out in preparation for Cyrano?
(a) A plate of fruit
(b) A copy of the gazette
(c) An armchair
(d) A bowl of rose water
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
2. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
3. How many years after the events of Act 4 does Act 5 take place?
4. One cadet in Scene 2 offers all his lordly titles for what food?
5. Who is walking with Roxane in Scene 1?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)