|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
(a) He fears death
(b) He has written to Roxane every day
(c) He loves Roxane
(d) He despises Christian
2. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
(a) The plight of the troops
(b) Her loneliness
(c) His letters
(d) She does not know
3. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
(a) His scarf
(b) His helmet
(c) His sword
(d) His plume
4. Through what building does Le Bret exit at the end of Scene 3?
(a) The chapel
(b) The refractory
(c) The nave
(d) The stable
5. Who attends Roxane throughout Scene 4?
(a) Mother Margaret
(c) de Guiche
(d) Sister Martha
6. What weapon has wounded Carbon at the end of Act 4?
7. Where does Roxane keep Christian's final letter to her?
(a) Framed on her wall
(b) In a reliquary
(c) Beneath her pillow
(d) Against her heart
8. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
(a) A standard
(b) An anthem
(c) A drum
(d) A flag
9. How does de Guiche's voice change after he decides to stay and fight?
(a) It deepens with manly readiness
(b) It goes silent
(c) It takes on a Gascon accent
(d) It quavers with fear
10. In Scene 4, what is brought out in preparation for Cyrano?
(a) An armchair
(b) A plate of fruit
(c) A copy of the gazette
(d) A bowl of rose water
11. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
(a) Being rude to him
(b) Talking to him
(c) Trying to convert him
(d) Cooking him food
12. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Tell her the truth
(b) Leave the camp
(c) Never speak a word to her again
(d) Get her away from the siege
13. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
(a) A pheasant
(b) A trout
(c) A carp
(d) A sparrow
14. Which major character is not present onstage at the beginning of Scene 10?
(b) de Guiche
15. At the beginning of Scene 5, what is Cyrano afraid to do?
(a) Speak to Christian
(b) Fall asleep
(c) Look at Roxane
(d) Enter the battle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
2. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
3. What moment in the play does Cyrano claim to Roxane was the epitome of his life?
4. What reason does the Comte de Guiche give for leaving at the end of Scene 5?
5. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)