|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Cyrano customarily visit the convent?
2. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
(a) A dueling glove
(b) A punch
(c) A writ of annulment
(d) An order of war
3. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
(a) She does not know
(b) His letters
(c) The plight of the troops
(d) Her loneliness
4. In Scene 4, what is brought out in preparation for Cyrano?
(a) A plate of fruit
(b) A bowl of rose water
(c) A copy of the gazette
(d) An armchair
5. Why does Roxane reason Cyrano is late?
(a) He is picking up flowers
(b) A sister detains him
(c) Some accident has occured
(d) He has forgotten
6. At the end of Scene 3, Carbon admonishes his men to respect de Guiche for what reason?
(a) He is a noble
(b) He is their commander
(c) He is ruthless with dissent
(d) He is a Gascon
7. What does de Guiche recommend Cyrano do in Scene 2?
(b) Seek preferment of some lord
(c) Arm himself
(d) Stay indoors
8. How many dishes of preserves does Cyrano report the king consumed on Saturday?
9. Which major character is not present onstage at the beginning of Scene 10?
(b) de Guiche
10. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) They are drunk
(b) They have terrible hearing
(c) He is too stealthy
(d) They are asleep
11. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
12. What reason does the Comte de Guiche give for leaving at the end of Scene 5?
(a) He must polish his armor
(b) He must inspect his guns
(c) He must strike his tent
(d) He must rally the other troops
13. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
(b) Annul his marriage to Roxane
(c) Die on the field of battle
(d) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
14. Which of the following characters is not present at the beginning of Scene 1?
(d) Le Bret
15. What does Christian ask Roxane to do at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Forget him after he dies
(b) Visit the other men
(c) Bring him another glass of wine
(d) Ask Cyrano about the letters
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
2. What item does Roxane take from Christian's body in Scene 10?
3. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
4. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
5. Who reenters at the end of Scene 3?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)