|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(b) The Odyssey
(c) The Iliad
(d) The Aeneid
2. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
(a) Talking to him
(b) Cooking him food
(c) Being rude to him
(d) Trying to convert him
3. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He intends to call a retreat
(b) He expects to die
(c) He loves Roxane
(d) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
4. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Never speak a word to her again
(b) Get her away from the siege
(c) Leave the camp
(d) Tell her the truth
5. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
(a) An order of war
(b) A writ of annulment
(c) A dueling glove
(d) A punch
6. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
7. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
(a) He is pale
(b) He is fat
(c) He is in a rage
(d) He is half-asleep
8. Which of the following items is not something the cadets seek out at the beginning of Scene 6?
(b) A pocket-mirror
(c) A razor
9. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
(a) The Bremen Town Musicians
(b) The Robber Bridegroom
(d) Sleeping Beauty
10. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The blood
(b) The intent
(c) The love
(d) The spirit
11. At the beginning of Scene 5, what is Cyrano afraid to do?
(a) Enter the battle
(b) Look at Roxane
(c) Fall asleep
(d) Speak to Christian
12. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
13. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would kill herself
(b) He fears she would not believe him
(c) He fears she would leave Christian
(d) He fears she would not forgive him
14. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
(b) Scavenges for food in the woods
(c) Delivers Christian's letter
(d) Rouses the troops with a bawdy poem
15. At the end of Scene 3, Carbon admonishes his men to respect de Guiche for what reason?
(a) He is their commander
(b) He is a noble
(c) He is a Gascon
(d) He is ruthless with dissent
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
2. In Scene 4, what is brought out in preparation for Cyrano?
3. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
4. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
5. What does de Guiche recommend Cyrano do in Scene 2?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)