|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
2. Which major character is not present onstage at the beginning of Scene 10?
(c) de Guiche
3. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
4. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
5. How many years after the events of Act 4 does Act 5 take place?
6. In what does Cyrano blame his tardiness at the beginning of Scene 5?
(b) A congested street
(c) A duel
(d) A troublesome woman
7. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The spirit
(b) The love
(c) The blood
(d) The intent
8. What does Christian discover in Cyrano's most recent letter to Roxane that shocks him in Scene 4?
(a) A tear stain
(b) Cyrano's signature
(c) An intimation of suicide
(d) No declarations of love
9. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
(a) An order of war
(b) A punch
(c) A writ of annulment
(d) A dueling glove
10. What has attracted the Comte de Guiche to the camp at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) Roxane's presence
(b) The imminent battle
(c) The singing
(d) The smell
11. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
(a) His scarf
(b) His plume
(c) His sword
(d) His helmet
12. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
13. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
(a) He fears death
(b) He despises Christian
(c) He loves Roxane
(d) He has written to Roxane every day
14. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
15. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
(b) Delivers Christian's letter
(c) Rouses the troops with a bawdy poem
(d) Scavenges for food in the woods
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
2. What does Roxane say she followed to find Arras?
3. Which of the following is not a term that Roxane uses to describe Christian's prose in her speech in Scene 8?
4. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
5. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)