|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
(a) Trying to convert him
(b) Being rude to him
(c) Talking to him
(d) Cooking him food
2. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
(a) A carp
(b) A trout
(c) A pheasant
(d) A sparrow
3. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
4. At the beginning of Scene 5, what is Cyrano afraid to do?
(a) Speak to Christian
(b) Fall asleep
(c) Enter the battle
(d) Look at Roxane
5. What item did the Comte de Guiche lose in his most recent assault?
(a) His plume
(b) His sword
(c) His scarf
(d) His helmet
6. What does Roxane say she followed to find Arras?
(a) Her heart
(b) The north star
(c) The devastation
(d) The map
7. One cadet in Scene 2 offers all his lordly titles for what food?
(c) An apple
8. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
9. Who reenters at the end of Scene 3?
(a) Sister Claire
(b) de Guiche
(c) Mother Margaret
10. What does de Guiche recommend Cyrano do in Scene 2?
(a) Stay indoors
(c) Seek preferment of some lord
(d) Arm himself
11. What does Cyrano generally do regarding Sisters Claire and Martha?
(a) Flirt with them
(b) Badger them
(c) Tease them
(d) Ignore them
12. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
(a) A wall of sandbags
(b) New muskets
(c) A few extra men
(d) A cannon
13. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(a) The Aeneid
(b) The Iliad
(d) The Odyssey
14. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
15. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
(a) The plight of the troops
(b) His letters
(c) She does not know
(d) Her loneliness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Le Bret announce must be done immediately upon hearing of Cyrano's injury?
2. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
3. What does Christian ask Roxane to do at the end of Scene 8?
4. On what does Cyrano blame his fainting in Scene 5?
5. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)