|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what building does Le Bret exit at the end of Scene 3?
(a) The stable
(b) The chapel
(c) The nave
(d) The refractory
2. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
3. How many dishes of preserves does Cyrano report the king consumed on Saturday?
4. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
5. Where does Roxane keep Christian's final letter to her?
(a) Against her heart
(b) Framed on her wall
(c) In a reliquary
(d) Beneath her pillow
6. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
7. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The intent
(b) The love
(c) The spirit
(d) The blood
8. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
9. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
(a) Trying to convert him
(b) Being rude to him
(c) Talking to him
(d) Cooking him food
10. What assistance does de Guiche offer to Carbon in Scene 7?
(a) A few extra men
(b) A wall of sandbags
(c) A cannon
(d) New muskets
11. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would not forgive him
(b) He fears she would not believe him
(c) He fears she would leave Christian
(d) He fears she would kill herself
12. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
13. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He intends to call a retreat
(b) He expects to die
(c) He loves Roxane
(d) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
14. Which of the following characters is not present at the beginning of Scene 1?
(b) Le Bret
15. In what month does this Act take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 5, what is Cyrano afraid to do?
2. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
3. At the end of Scene 3, Carbon admonishes his men to respect de Guiche for what reason?
4. To which Greek god does Roxane compare Christian in Scene 8?
5. When de Guiche accuses a cadet of being intoxicated, the cadet claims to be so because of what?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)