Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Roxane keep Christian's final letter to her?
(a) Framed on her wall
(b) Against her heart
(c) In a reliquary
(d) Beneath her pillow
2. Which of the following coach parts is used to smuggle food to the cadets?
(a) The axels
(b) The lantern
(c) The curtains
(d) The yokes
3. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
(a) The night is pitch black
(b) He has poor eyesight
(c) He has never been there before
(d) He is wearing a mask
4. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
(a) His sword
(b) His soul
(c) His love's kiss
(d) His plume
5. In what does Cyrano blame his tardiness at the beginning of Scene 5?
(b) A congested street
(c) A duel
(d) A troublesome woman
6. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
7. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Shake his hand
(b) Slap him
(c) Give him money
(d) Reminisce with him
8. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
(a) That Christian will remain faithful
(b) That Christian with write often
(c) That Christian will be place at the back of the line
(d) That Christian will not suffer in the cold
9. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
10. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He loves Roxane
(b) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
(c) He intends to call a retreat
(d) He expects to die
11. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
(a) Trying to convert him
(b) Being rude to him
(c) Talking to him
(d) Cooking him food
12. In Scene 4, what indicates to Roxane that Cyrano should have arrived?
(a) The recitiation of evening prayer
(b) The position of the sun
(c) The clock striking
(d) The arrival of his customary chair
13. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
(a) His letters
(b) Her loneliness
(c) The plight of the troops
(d) She does not know
14. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The intent
(b) The love
(c) The blood
(d) The spirit
15. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a constellation with which Cyrano claims to have interacted on his drop from the moon?
2. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
3. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is not reading the letter from Christian?
4. How does de Guiche's voice change after he decides to stay and fight?
5. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)