|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
(a) Trying to convert him
(b) Cooking him food
(c) Talking to him
(d) Being rude to him
2. What sin does Cyrano proudly confess to Sister Martha?
(a) Brawling with women
(b) Taking the Lord's name in vain
(d) Eating meat on Friday
3. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(a) The Aeneid
(b) The Odyssey
(c) The Iliad
4. What item does Roxane take from Christian's body in Scene 10?
(a) A letter
(b) A rosary
(c) His sword
(d) His plume
5. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would kill herself
(b) He fears she would not believe him
(c) He fears she would leave Christian
(d) He fears she would not forgive him
6. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) They are asleep
(b) They are drunk
(c) He is too stealthy
(d) They have terrible hearing
7. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Give him money
(b) Reminisce with him
(c) Slap him
(d) Shake his hand
8. In what state did Ragueneau leave Cyrano before coming to the convent?
9. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
10. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
(a) She does not know
(b) Her loneliness
(c) His letters
(d) The plight of the troops
11. What moment in the play does Cyrano claim to Roxane was the epitome of his life?
(a) The balcony scene
(b) The defeat of Valvert
(c) His present death by her side
(d) The seige at Arras
12. Which of the following is not a term that Roxane uses to describe Christian's prose in her speech in Scene 8?
13. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
(a) He loves Roxane
(b) He despises Christian
(c) He has written to Roxane every day
(d) He fears death
14. Which of the following is not a location that Cyrano guesses he is while stalling de Guiche?
15. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
2. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
3. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
4. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
5. Who informs Cyrano of Christian's fatal wound?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)