|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cyrano tell Le Bret he expects to go after death?
(d) The moon
2. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
3. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
(a) That Christian will be place at the back of the line
(b) That Christian will not suffer in the cold
(c) That Christian with write often
(d) That Christian will remain faithful
4. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
5. According to the Comte de Guiche, what does the trumpet sounding signify to the troops?
(a) Reinforcements arriving
(b) The death of their commander
(c) The Spanish retreating
(d) The fall of the enemy battlements
6. In what state did Ragueneau leave Cyrano before coming to the convent?
7. Who informs Cyrano of Christian's fatal wound?
(a) de Guiche
(d) Le Bret
8. What weapon has been used to mortally injure Cyrano?
(a) A scythe
(b) A musket
(c) A block of wood
(d) A wagon wheel
9. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(a) de Guiche
10. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Leave the camp
(b) Get her away from the siege
(c) Tell her the truth
(d) Never speak a word to her again
11. How does de Guiche's voice change after he decides to stay and fight?
(a) It deepens with manly readiness
(b) It takes on a Gascon accent
(c) It goes silent
(d) It quavers with fear
12. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
13. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(a) The Odyssey
(b) The Aeneid
(d) The Iliad
14. In what does Cyrano blame his tardiness at the beginning of Scene 5?
(a) A congested street
(b) A troublesome woman
(c) A duel
15. To which Greek god does Roxane compare Christian in Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a location that Cyrano guesses he is while stalling de Guiche?
2. Which of the following coach parts is used to smuggle food to the cadets?
3. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
4. What weapon has wounded Carbon at the end of Act 4?
5. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)