|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Reminisce with him
(b) Slap him
(c) Shake his hand
(d) Give him money
2. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
(a) The night is pitch black
(b) He has never been there before
(c) He has poor eyesight
(d) He is wearing a mask
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would not forgive him
(b) He fears she would leave Christian
(c) He fears she would kill herself
(d) He fears she would not believe him
4. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The intent
(b) The blood
(c) The spirit
(d) The love
5. In what does Cyrano blame his tardiness at the beginning of Scene 5?
(b) A congested street
(c) A troublesome woman
(d) A duel
6. What has attracted the Comte de Guiche to the camp at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) The imminent battle
(b) Roxane's presence
(c) The smell
(d) The singing
7. With what activity is Roxane employing herself throughout Scene 4?
8. What sin does Cyrano proudly confess to Sister Martha?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain
(b) Brawling with women
(c) Eating meat on Friday
9. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
(a) He is crying
(b) He is asleep
(c) He is running away
(d) He is red
10. Who is walking with Roxane in Scene 1?
(a) Le Bret
(d) de Guiche
11. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
12. Where does Roxane keep Christian's final letter to her?
(a) In a reliquary
(b) Framed on her wall
(c) Beneath her pillow
(d) Against her heart
13. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
14. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
15. Who attends Roxane throughout Scene 4?
(a) Sister Martha
(b) de Guiche
(d) Mother Margaret
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
2. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
3. What weapon has wounded Carbon at the end of Act 4?
4. What does Le Bret announce must be done immediately upon hearing of Cyrano's injury?
5. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)