|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
(a) A punch
(b) An order of war
(c) A writ of annulment
(d) A dueling glove
2. What is the Comte de Guiche's new title in Act 5?
3. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
(a) The Bremen Town Musicians
(b) The Robber Bridegroom
(d) Sleeping Beauty
4. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
5. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is not reading the letter from Christian?
(a) His eyes closed
(b) It is too dark out
(c) The letter is still folded
(d) The words are not correct
6. In Scene 4, what indicates to Roxane that Cyrano should have arrived?
(a) The clock striking
(b) The recitiation of evening prayer
(c) The position of the sun
(d) The arrival of his customary chair
7. On what does Cyrano blame his fainting in Scene 5?
(a) His Arras wound
(c) Unseasonable warmth
(d) Lack of sleep
8. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
9. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(b) The Odyssey
(c) The Iliad
(d) The Aeneid
10. Which of the following is not a location that Cyrano guesses he is while stalling de Guiche?
11. Which of the following characters is not present at the beginning of Scene 1?
(d) Le Bret
12. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(c) de Guiche
13. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
(a) A sparrow
(b) A carp
(c) A pheasant
(d) A trout
14. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is weak
(b) He is angry
(c) He is crying
(d) He is pale
15. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
(a) A drum
(b) A standard
(c) An anthem
(d) A flag
Short Answer Questions
1. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
2. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
3. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
4. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
5. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)