|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
(a) That Christian will be place at the back of the line
(b) That Christian will remain faithful
(c) That Christian with write often
(d) That Christian will not suffer in the cold
2. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
(a) A pheasant
(b) A carp
(c) A sparrow
(d) A trout
3. Which of the following items is not something the cadets seek out at the beginning of Scene 6?
(b) A pocket-mirror
(c) A razor
4. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
(a) The Robber Bridegroom
(b) Sleeping Beauty
(d) The Bremen Town Musicians
5. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
(a) To her mother
(b) To her lover
(c) To her church
(d) To her farm
6. Which two characters are alone onstage at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Le Bret and Raguenau
(b) Le Bret and de Guiche
(c) Roxane and Ragueneau
(d) Ragueneau and de Guiche
7. Who reenters at the end of Scene 3?
(a) Sister Claire
(c) Mother Margaret
(d) de Guiche
8. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
(a) He fears death
(b) He loves Roxane
(c) He has written to Roxane every day
(d) He despises Christian
9. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He intends to call a retreat
(b) He expects to die
(c) He loves Roxane
(d) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
10. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
(a) His eyes
(b) His wit
(c) His soul
(d) His bravery
11. How does Roxane discover that Cyrano is not reading the letter from Christian?
(a) His eyes closed
(b) The words are not correct
(c) The letter is still folded
(d) It is too dark out
12. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The blood
(b) The spirit
(c) The intent
(d) The love
13. Which is the first instrument that Cyrano instructs be played in Scene 3?
(a) The fife
(b) The lyre
(c) The drum
(d) The castanet
14. What does Cyrano generally do regarding Sisters Claire and Martha?
(a) Flirt with them
(b) Tease them
(c) Badger them
(d) Ignore them
15. Who attends Roxane throughout Scene 4?
(b) de Guiche
(c) Sister Martha
(d) Mother Margaret
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
2. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
3. According to the Comte de Guiche, what does the trumpet sounding signify to the troops?
4. What does de Guiche notice immediately about the first soldier he approaches in Scene 7?
5. What does Christian ask Roxane to do at the end of Scene 8?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)