|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
2. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(b) de Guiche
3. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
4. What has attracted the Comte de Guiche to the camp at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) Roxane's presence
(b) The singing
(c) The imminent battle
(d) The smell
5. On what does Cyrano blame his fainting in Scene 5?
(b) His Arras wound
(c) Lack of sleep
(d) Unseasonable warmth
6. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
(a) A punch
(b) A writ of annulment
(c) A dueling glove
(d) An order of war
7. Who is walking with Roxane in Scene 1?
(a) Le Bret
(d) de Guiche
8. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would leave Christian
(b) He fears she would not believe him
(c) He fears she would kill herself
(d) He fears she would not forgive him
9. Which of the following items is not something the cadets seek out at the beginning of Scene 6?
(b) A pocket-mirror
(c) A razor
10. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
11. How many years after the events of Act 4 does Act 5 take place?
12. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
(a) He fears death
(b) He loves Roxane
(c) He has written to Roxane every day
(d) He despises Christian
13. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
(a) He is half-asleep
(b) He is fat
(c) He is pale
(d) He is in a rage
14. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
15. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not present at the beginning of Scene 1?
2. What does Roxane say she followed to find Arras?
3. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
4. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
5. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)