|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Tell her the truth
(b) Leave the camp
(c) Get her away from the siege
(d) Never speak a word to her again
2. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
(a) The Bremen Town Musicians
(b) Sleeping Beauty
(d) The Robber Bridegroom
3. Which two characters are alone onstage at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Le Bret and de Guiche
(b) Ragueneau and de Guiche
(c) Le Bret and Raguenau
(d) Roxane and Ragueneau
4. How many ways of getting to the moon does Cyrano list before explaining his preferred method to de Guiche?
5. In the last word of the play, what does Cyrano announce he will take unblemished into the afterlife?
(a) His sword
(b) His soul
(c) His plume
(d) His love's kiss
6. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
(a) That Christian will remain faithful
(b) That Christian with write often
(c) That Christian will be place at the back of the line
(d) That Christian will not suffer in the cold
7. At the end of Scene 3, Carbon admonishes his men to respect de Guiche for what reason?
(a) He is their commander
(b) He is a noble
(c) He is a Gascon
(d) He is ruthless with dissent
8. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
(a) He fears death
(b) He has written to Roxane every day
(c) He despises Christian
(d) He loves Roxane
9. In what month does this Act take place?
10. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
11. Which of the following is not a location that Cyrano guesses he is while stalling de Guiche?
12. Which is the first instrument that Cyrano instructs be played in Scene 3?
(a) The lyre
(b) The castanet
(c) The drum
(d) The fife
13. In Scene 4, what is brought out in preparation for Cyrano?
(a) A plate of fruit
(b) A copy of the gazette
(c) A bowl of rose water
(d) An armchair
14. At the beginning of Scene 5, what is Cyrano afraid to do?
(a) Fall asleep
(b) Enter the battle
(c) Speak to Christian
(d) Look at Roxane
15. In Scene 4, what indicates to Roxane that Cyrano should have arrived?
(a) The clock striking
(b) The recitiation of evening prayer
(c) The arrival of his customary chair
(d) The position of the sun
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
2. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
3. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
4. How many dishes of preserves does Cyrano report the king consumed on Saturday?
5. What weapon has been used to mortally injure Cyrano?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)