|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is walking with Roxane in Scene 1?
(a) Le Bret
(b) de Guiche
2. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
(a) His eyes
(b) His wit
(c) His bravery
(d) His soul
3. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
(b) Scavenges for food in the woods
(c) Delivers Christian's letter
(d) Rouses the troops with a bawdy poem
4. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
(a) To her church
(b) To her mother
(c) To her lover
(d) To her farm
5. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would not believe him
(b) He fears she would leave Christian
(c) He fears she would not forgive him
(d) He fears she would kill herself
6. Which of the following is not a term that Roxane uses to describe Christian's prose in her speech in Scene 8?
7. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
(a) Slap him
(b) Reminisce with him
(c) Give him money
(d) Shake his hand
8. What word does Cyrano accidentally state that alerts Roxane to Christian's death?
9. What sin does Cyrano proudly confess to Sister Martha?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain
(b) Brawling with women
(c) Eating meat on Friday
10. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(b) A rival
(c) A devil
11. How many years after the events of Act 4 does Act 5 take place?
12. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
13. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
(a) He has poor eyesight
(b) He is wearing a mask
(c) The night is pitch black
(d) He has never been there before
14. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
(a) He is fat
(b) He is in a rage
(c) He is pale
(d) He is half-asleep
15. Which major character is not present onstage at the beginning of Scene 10?
(c) de Guiche
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
2. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
3. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
4. Through what building does Le Bret exit at the end of Scene 3?
5. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)