|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Cyrano blame his tardiness at the beginning of Scene 5?
(a) A congested street
(b) A troublesome woman
(d) A duel
2. What item does Roxane take from Christian's body in Scene 10?
(a) His plume
(b) A rosary
(c) A letter
(d) His sword
3. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
(a) He is half-asleep
(b) He is pale
(c) He is fat
(d) He is in a rage
4. Who does Cyrano quote in Scene 6 to explain the nature of his murder?
5. How does de Guiche's voice change after he decides to stay and fight?
(a) It deepens with manly readiness
(b) It quavers with fear
(c) It goes silent
(d) It takes on a Gascon accent
6. Who reenters at the end of Scene 3?
(a) Sister Claire
(b) de Guiche
(d) Mother Margaret
7. What item does Carbon pointedly tell Roxane is missing from his company?
(a) A drum
(b) A standard
(c) An anthem
(d) A flag
8. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
(a) To her farm
(b) To her church
(c) To her lover
(d) To her mother
9. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would kill herself
(b) He fears she would leave Christian
(c) He fears she would not forgive him
(d) He fears she would not believe him
10. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
(a) Sleeping Beauty
(b) The Bremen Town Musicians
(d) The Robber Bridegroom
11. What moment in the play does Cyrano claim to Roxane was the epitome of his life?
(a) The seige at Arras
(b) His present death by her side
(c) The balcony scene
(d) The defeat of Valvert
12. Which of the following coach parts is used to smuggle food to the cadets?
(a) The curtains
(b) The lantern
(c) The yokes
(d) The axels
13. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(b) de Guiche
14. What, according to Cyrano, is still Christian's in the letter?
(a) The love
(b) The blood
(c) The spirit
(d) The intent
15. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian discover in Cyrano's most recent letter to Roxane that shocks him in Scene 4?
2. Which famous French writer does Ragueneau accuse in Scene 6 of stealing words from Cyrano?
3. Which of the following is not among the enemies Cyrano fights at the end of the play?
4. How many dishes of preserves does Cyrano report the king consumed on Saturday?
5. At the beginning of Act 5, what does Sister Martha accuse Sister Claire of doing?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)