|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
(a) A pheasant
(b) A trout
(c) A carp
(d) A sparrow
2. Where does Roxane keep Christian's final letter to her?
(a) Against her heart
(b) Beneath her pillow
(c) In a reliquary
(d) Framed on her wall
3. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
(a) That Christian with write often
(b) That Christian will be place at the back of the line
(c) That Christian will not suffer in the cold
(d) That Christian will remain faithful
4. Who is asking to see Roxane at the end of Scene 2?
5. Which of the following characters is not present at the beginning of Scene 1?
(d) Le Bret
6. At the beginning of Scene 8, what reason does Roxane give Christian for coming to the camp?
(a) His letters
(b) Her loneliness
(c) The plight of the troops
(d) She does not know
7. How many dishes of preserves does Cyrano report the king consumed on Saturday?
8. To what classical text does Roxane refer when expressing her admiration for Christian in Scene 8?
(b) The Odyssey
(c) The Aeneid
(d) The Iliad
9. What in the below list is not among the groups that Cyrano regularly attacks in his writing, according to Le Bret?
10. Who informs Cyrano of Christian's fatal wound?
(a) Le Bret
(c) de Guiche
11. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
(a) The night is pitch black
(b) He is wearing a mask
(c) He has poor eyesight
(d) He has never been there before
12. What does Mother Margaret forbid her Sisters from doing regarding Cyrano?
(a) Talking to him
(b) Being rude to him
(c) Cooking him food
(d) Trying to convert him
13. What does de Guiche hand Christian in Scene 14?
(a) A writ of annulment
(b) A punch
(c) An order of war
(d) A dueling glove
14. Who is walking with Roxane in Scene 1?
(b) Le Bret
(c) de Guiche
15. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
(a) Her hands
(b) Her feet
(c) Her lips
(d) Her eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
2. What sin does Cyrano proudly confess to Sister Martha?
3. What does Cyrano admit to Christian at the end of Scene 7?
4. What does de Guiche say he should like to do with Cyrano in Scene 2?
5. What does Roxane say she followed to find Arras?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)