|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
(b) 3 o'clock
(d) Seven o'clock
2. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
(a) A priest
(b) A musketeer
(c) A chef
(d) An actor
3. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(a) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(c) Better than Cyrano's
(d) Equal to Cyrano's
4. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Comte de Guiche's convent
(c) Her lodging
(d) Raguenau's shop
5. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Braised pork with capers
(b) Raspberry cream puffs
(c) Game hen with shallots
(d) Almond cheese-cakes
6. Who climbs Roxane's balcony at the end of Scene 6?
(b) The Duenna
(d) de Guiche
7. In Scene 4, how does Cyrano think Christian looks when he enters?
8. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
(a) Compte de Guiche
(b) The Citizen
9. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(a) La Duenna
(d) de Guiche
10. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Fought corwds single-handedly
(b) Forgotten to eat for days
(c) Written Roxane a love letter
(d) Given all his money away
11. What does Cyrano offer to Christian to aid him in his pursuit of Roxane?
(a) His sword
(b) His protection
(c) His eloquence
(d) His clout
12. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
(a) The street
(c) A back room
(d) The cellar
13. In Scene 7, Christian compares his love to two mythological figures: Cupid and whom?
14. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Trained monkeys
(c) Singing twins
15. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Cyrano that Roxane wishes to meet him?
2. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
3. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
4. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
5. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)