|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not someone to whom Roxane says goodbye as she returns from Clomire's?
2. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
3. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
(a) Leave the shop
(b) Draw his sword
(d) Embrace him
4. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
(a) Cookshop of Comtes
(b) Cookshop of Poets
(c) Cookshop of Cadets
(d) Cookshop of Citizens
5. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(a) Equal to Cyrano's
(b) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(c) Better than Cyrano's
6. Which of the following is not an object to which Cyrano compares a kiss?
(a) A seal
(b) A communion
(c) A rainstorm
(d) An oath
7. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Fought corwds single-handedly
(b) Given all his money away
(c) Written Roxane a love letter
(d) Forgotten to eat for days
8. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
(a) Marquis de Sade
(c) Cardinal Richelieu
(d) Louis XIV
9. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
(a) The Hotel Bourgogne
(b) The barracks
(c) Ragueneau's shop
(d) Cyrano's lodging
10. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) The afterlife
(b) The way or war
(c) The classical poets
(d) No subject
11. Who climbs Roxane's balcony at the end of Scene 6?
(c) The Duenna
(d) de Guiche
12. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
13. To what English lord does Cyrano compare himself in Scene 10?
14. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
15. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
2. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
3. Which of the following items is not a part of Cyrano's dinner?
4. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
5. At the beginning of Scene 3, Roxane warns the Duenna not to tell who of her deceit?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)