|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what English lord does Cyrano compare himself in Scene 10?
2. How does Cyrano convince the Duenna to leave him alone with Roxane?
(a) He sends her on an errand
(b) He threatens her
(c) He gives her pastries
(d) He pays her some money
3. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
4. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Written Roxane a love letter
(b) Given all his money away
(c) Fought corwds single-handedly
(d) Forgotten to eat for days
5. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) 250 crowns
(b) A chateau in Provence
(c) Her hand in marriage
(d) An archbishopric
6. Why does Roxanne not want Cyrano to tell Christian what she wants him to discuss?
(a) He might feel unsure fo himself
(b) He might be offended
(c) He might try too hard to please her
(d) He might prepare something beforehand
7. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(c) de Guiche
(d) La Duenna
8. Who does Cyrano strike at the end of Act 2?
(b) The musketeer
(d) A poet
9. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
(a) He is handsome
(b) He is a lord
(c) He has only recently met her
(d) He is young
10. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
(a) Penelope and Antonia
(b) Hecuba and Eurydice
(c) Cleopatra and Bernice
(d) Antigone and Livia
11. Who informs Cyrano that Roxane wishes to meet him?
(b) Le Bret
(d) Her Duenna
12. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
13. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Raguenau's shop
(c) Comte de Guiche's convent
(d) Her lodging
14. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
15. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
(a) Cyrano's lodging
(b) The Hotel Bourgogne
(c) Ragueneau's shop
(d) The barracks
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a food that one of Ragueneau's cooks brings him?
2. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
3. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
4. About what subject, according to Lise, will Ragueneau stop talking?
5. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)