|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
(c) Seven o'clock
(d) 3 o'clock
2. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) An archbishopric
(b) A chateau in Provence
(c) Her hand in marriage
(d) 250 crowns
3. Which of the following is not a food that one of Ragueneau's cooks brings him?
(b) Candied fruit
(c) Pork loin
4. At the beginning of Scene 3, Roxane warns the Duenna not to tell who of her deceit?
(a) de Guiche
5. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) German opera
(b) French farce
(c) English dumbshow
(d) Spanish drama
6. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Her lodging
(b) Comte de Guiche's convent
(c) Raguenau's shop
7. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
(a) Kissing her
(b) Winning a duel
(c) Writing her a sonnet
(d) Staying silent
8. What is Ragueneau's profession?
9. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(a) Sends a page to her room
(c) Tosses pebbles at her window
(d) Scales the balcony
10. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
(a) His wit
(b) His pride
(c) His sword
(d) His tears
11. What does Cyrano warn the officers at the theatre not to do as the ruffians attack?
(a) Hold him back
(c) Help him
12. What does Lise use as wrapping for Ragueneau's food?
(a) Old sacks
13. What does Christian repeatedly protest he will do if Cyrano does not help him in Scene 6?
(a) Tell Roxane of his deceit
(b) Leave the Guards
(d) Seduce the Duenna
14. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
15. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
(a) A back room
(b) The cellar
(d) The street
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
2. At the end of Scene 7, Cyrano is shocked that Christian requests what of Roxane?
3. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
4. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
5. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)