|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two drinks does Roxane compare to express her disappointment with Christian's words to her?
(a) Beer and sherry
(b) Cider and champagne
(c) Water and nectar
(d) Juice and wine
2. Which of the following is not a food that one of Ragueneau's cooks brings him?
(a) Candied fruit
(d) Pork loin
3. Who does Ligniere bring to the theatre at the end of Scene 1?
(b) Le Bret
4. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
(a) Embrace him
(b) Leave the shop
(c) Draw his sword
5. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
(a) The barracks
(b) Ragueneau's shop
(c) The Hotel Bourgogne
(d) Cyrano's lodging
6. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
(a) The street
(b) A back room
(d) The cellar
7. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
(a) Kissing her
(b) Staying silent
(c) Writing her a sonnet
(d) Winning a duel
8. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
(a) A page
(b) A cavelier
(c) A poet
(d) A pickpocket
9. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
10. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
11. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
12. What does Cyrano offer to Christian to aid him in his pursuit of Roxane?
(a) His eloquence
(b) His protection
(c) His clout
(d) His sword
13. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
(a) The Citizen
(d) Compte de Guiche
14. What does Christian repeatedly protest he will do if Cyrano does not help him in Scene 6?
(b) Leave the Guards
(c) Seduce the Duenna
(d) Tell Roxane of his deceit
15. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(b) A poet
(c) The musketeer
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
3. What character briefly enters the courtyard in Scene 8?
4. To what English lord does Cyrano compare himself in Scene 10?
5. Which of the following is not an object to which Cyrano compares a kiss?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)