|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ragueneau actively ignore in his shop?
(a) Poet's theft
(b) Musketeer's seduction
(c) Overstuffed pastries
(d) Rodent infestation
2. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
(a) His tears
(b) His sword
(c) His wit
(d) His pride
3. What does Lise use as wrapping for Ragueneau's food?
(d) Old sacks
4. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
(c) Trained monkeys
(d) Singing twins
5. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
(b) The Duenna
(c) de Guiche
6. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) Spanish drama
(b) German opera
(c) English dumbshow
(d) French farce
7. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) His sword
(b) His love letter
(c) His plume
(d) A mask
8. At the end of Scene 7, Cyrano is shocked that Christian requests what of Roxane?
(a) That she marry him
(b) That she kiss him
(c) That she leave Paris immediately
(d) That she never see him again
9. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) On the garden wall
(b) Under a bench
(c) The balcony
(d) Into Roxane's lodging
10. About what subject, according to Lise, will Ragueneau stop talking?
(a) Roxane's immenant arrival
(b) Cyrano fight with thr ruffians
(c) Meeting D'Artagnan
(d) Cyrano's rhymed duel
11. What two drinks does Roxane compare to express her disappointment with Christian's words to her?
(a) Cider and champagne
(b) Juice and wine
(c) Beer and sherry
(d) Water and nectar
12. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
13. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
14. Who, at the beginning of the Act is relating his misfortunes to the Duenna?
15. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) The afterlife
(b) The way or war
(c) The classical poets
(d) No subject
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
2. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
3. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
4. Which character is trying to seduce the Flower Girl in the first scene?
5. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)