|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
2. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
(a) Louis XIV
(b) Marquis de Sade
(d) Cardinal Richelieu
3. What is Ragueneau's profession?
4. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(b) Chopped wood
(c) Flayed rabbit
(d) Shucked corn
5. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
6. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(a) Sends a page to her room
(c) Tosses pebbles at her window
(d) Scales the balcony
7. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
8. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
9. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(a) 15 minutes
(b) An hour
(d) 2 hours
10. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(a) The musketeer
(c) A poet
11. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Game hen with shallots
(b) Braised pork with capers
(c) Raspberry cream puffs
(d) Almond cheese-cakes
12. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A theatre
(b) A convent
(c) The sewer
(d) His house
13. What does Cyrano offer to Christian to aid him in his pursuit of Roxane?
(a) His clout
(b) His sword
(c) His protection
(d) His eloquence
14. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
(a) Winning a duel
(b) Writing her a sonnet
(c) Kissing her
(d) Staying silent
15. What does Ragueneau actively ignore in his shop?
(a) Rodent infestation
(b) Overstuffed pastries
(c) Poet's theft
(d) Musketeer's seduction
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 3, Roxane warns the Duenna not to tell who of her deceit?
2. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
3. Who warns Christian that Ligniere's life is in danger?
4. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
5. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)