|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
(b) Marquis de Sade
(c) Louis XIV
(d) Cardinal Richelieu
2. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
(a) Le Bret
3. Which of the following is not an object to which Cyrano compares a kiss?
(a) An oath
(b) A communion
(c) A rainstorm
(d) A seal
4. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
5. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) His love letter
(b) His sword
(c) His plume
(d) A mask
6. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Fought corwds single-handedly
(b) Written Roxane a love letter
(c) Given all his money away
(d) Forgotten to eat for days
7. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
(a) Pride and Mistrust
(b) Solitude and Despair
(c) Agony and Idiocy
(d) Fear and Longing
8. To what English lord does Cyrano compare himself in Scene 10?
9. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
(a) His hand
(b) His shoulder
(c) His thigh
(d) His nose
10. Who does Cyrano strike at the end of Act 2?
(b) The musketeer
(d) A poet
11. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(b) de Guiche
12. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
(a) Black and White
(b) Red and Blue
(c) Lavender and Crimson
(d) Pink and Gold
13. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(a) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(b) Equal to Cyrano's
(c) Better than Cyrano's
14. What character briefly enters the courtyard in Scene 8?
(a) A cadet
(b) A poet
(c) A page
(d) A monk
15. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(a) Flayed rabbit
(b) Chopped wood
(c) Shucked corn
Short Answer Questions
1. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
2. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
3. Why does Roxanne not want Cyrano to tell Christian what she wants him to discuss?
4. What does Cyrano implore Roxane not to do in Scene 7?
5. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)