|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
(a) Embrace him
(b) Leave the shop
(d) Draw his sword
2. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
3. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
(b) Raguenau's shop
(c) Her lodging
(d) Comte de Guiche's convent
4. What does Ragueneau actively ignore in his shop?
(a) Poet's theft
(b) Rodent infestation
(c) Musketeer's seduction
(d) Overstuffed pastries
5. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
(a) On Friday
(b) That night
(c) Next week
6. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Written Roxane a love letter
(b) Forgotten to eat for days
(c) Given all his money away
(d) Fought corwds single-handedly
7. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
(a) Winning a duel
(b) Staying silent
(c) Writing her a sonnet
(d) Kissing her
8. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
9. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
10. What is Ragueneau's profession?
11. What does Cyrano give Bellerose at the end of Scene 4?
(a) His sword
(b) His plume
(c) A kiss
(d) His purse
12. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Almond cheese-cakes
(b) Game hen with shallots
(c) Braised pork with capers
(d) Raspberry cream puffs
13. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
(d) Le Bret
14. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The military camp
(c) The pubs
(d) His home
15. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(b) The musketeer
(c) A poet
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 5, what does Cyrano protest he has never done, though he has good cause?
2. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
3. In Scene 4, how does Cyrano think Christian looks when he enters?
4. Where does Roxane wish to meet Cyrano the following day?
5. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)