|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two drinks does Roxane compare to express her disappointment with Christian's words to her?
(a) Water and nectar
(b) Juice and wine
(c) Beer and sherry
(d) Cider and champagne
2. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
(a) Keeper of the Common Stores
(b) Commander of the Guards
(c) Poet Laureate
(d) Protector of Paris
3. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
4. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(b) An hour
(c) 15 minutes
(d) 2 hours
5. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Frivolity and Foolishness
(b) Hatred and Fear
(c) Envy and Cowardice
(d) Greed and Deceit
6. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) German opera
(b) Spanish drama
(c) English dumbshow
(d) French farce
7. At the beginning of Scene 3, Roxane warns the Duenna not to tell who of her deceit?
(b) de Guiche
8. Where does Roxane wish to meet Cyrano the following day?
(a) His lodging
(b) the Jardin des Plantes
(c) Ragueneau's shop
(d) Saint Roch
9. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
(a) The Duenna
(b) de Guiche
10. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
(a) That night
(b) On Friday
(d) Next week
11. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
12. In Scene 6, what does Roxane say she would do if her beloved were stupid?
(a) Find another
(c) Not care
13. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
(a) A pickpocket
(b) A cavelier
(c) A page
(d) A poet
14. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
(a) Louis XIV
(b) Marquis de Sade
(d) Cardinal Richelieu
15. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
(a) Pink and Gold
(b) Lavender and Crimson
(c) Black and White
(d) Red and Blue
Short Answer Questions
1. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
2. Who, at the beginning of the Act is relating his misfortunes to the Duenna?
3. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
4. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
5. Who climbs Roxane's balcony at the end of Scene 6?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)