Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
(a) That night
(b) On Friday
(c) Next week
2. What does Cyrano give Bellerose at the end of Scene 4?
(a) His plume
(b) A kiss
(c) His purse
(d) His sword
3. What musical metaphor does Roxane use to describe love in Scene 5?
4. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
(a) Cookshop of Comtes
(b) Cookshop of Citizens
(c) Cookshop of Poets
(d) Cookshop of Cadets
5. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Given all his money away
(b) Written Roxane a love letter
(c) Forgotten to eat for days
(d) Fought corwds single-handedly
6. What is Ragueneau's profession?
7. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(b) Scales the balcony
(c) Tosses pebbles at her window
(d) Sends a page to her room
8. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) The way or war
(b) The afterlife
(c) No subject
(d) The classical poets
9. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
(a) 3 o'clock
(b) Seven o'clock
10. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(b) 2 hours
(c) An hour
(d) 15 minutes
11. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
(a) Staying silent
(b) Kissing her
(c) Winning a duel
(d) Writing her a sonnet
12. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A convent
(b) A theatre
(c) The sewer
(d) His house
13. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The raising of the curtain
(b) The lighting of the chandeliers
(c) The beginning of the dumb-show
(d) The playing of music
14. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
(a) The Duenna
(d) de Guiche
15. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(b) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(c) Equal to Cyrano's
(d) Better than Cyrano's
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
2. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
3. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
4. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
5. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)