Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Trained monkeys
(b) Singing twins
2. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
(a) His thigh
(b) His shoulder
(c) His hand
(d) His nose
3. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
(a) A cavelier
(b) A pickpocket
(c) A poet
(d) A page
4. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
5. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
(a) Pink and Gold
(b) Black and White
(c) Lavender and Crimson
(d) Red and Blue
6. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The playing of music
(b) The beginning of the dumb-show
(c) The lighting of the chandeliers
(d) The raising of the curtain
7. Why does Roxanne not want Cyrano to tell Christian what she wants him to discuss?
(a) He might try too hard to please her
(b) He might feel unsure fo himself
(c) He might prepare something beforehand
(d) He might be offended
8. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The military camp
(b) His home
(d) The pubs
9. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
10. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
11. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
(a) Protector of Paris
(b) Keeper of the Common Stores
(c) Poet Laureate
(d) Commander of the Guards
12. What does Cyrano implore Roxane not to do in Scene 7?
(a) Leave for bed
(b) Kiss him
(c) Speak ill of him
(d) Descend from the balcony
13. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
(b) The Duenna
(d) de Guiche
14. Who climbs Roxane's balcony at the end of Scene 6?
(b) The Duenna
(c) de Guiche
15. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(b) de Guiche
(c) La Duenna
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ligniere bring to the theatre at the end of Scene 1?
2. What does Lise use as wrapping for Ragueneau's food?
3. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
4. How does Cyrano convince the Duenna to leave him alone with Roxane?
5. Who warns Christian that Ligniere's life is in danger?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)