|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
(a) His home
(b) The pubs
(d) The military camp
2. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
(a) Le Bret
3. What musical metaphor does Roxane use to describe love in Scene 5?
4. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
(a) Cleopatra and Bernice
(b) Antigone and Livia
(c) Penelope and Antonia
(d) Hecuba and Eurydice
5. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
(a) Black and White
(b) Red and Blue
(c) Pink and Gold
(d) Lavender and Crimson
6. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
(b) Compte de Guiche
(d) The Citizen
7. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
(b) Comte de Guiche's convent
(c) Her lodging
(d) Raguenau's shop
8. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
(a) Edmond Dantes
(d) Madame Le Farge
9. Which of the following is not a food that one of Ragueneau's cooks brings him?
(c) Candied fruit
(d) Pork loin
10. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(a) The musketeer
(c) A poet
11. About what subject, according to Lise, will Ragueneau stop talking?
(a) Meeting D'Artagnan
(b) Cyrano's rhymed duel
(c) Roxane's immenant arrival
(d) Cyrano fight with thr ruffians
12. Who informs Cyrano that Roxane wishes to meet him?
(c) Her Duenna
(d) Le Bret
13. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Singing twins
(d) Trained monkeys
14. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A convent
(b) His house
(c) A theatre
(d) The sewer
15. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) His sword
(b) A mask
(c) His plume
(d) His love letter
Short Answer Questions
1. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
2. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
3. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
4. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
5. What does Cyrano give Bellerose at the end of Scene 4?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)