|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(a) Better than Cyrano's
(c) Equal to Cyrano's
(d) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
2. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
(b) The Duenna
(c) de Guiche
3. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
(a) Pride and Mistrust
(b) Solitude and Despair
(c) Agony and Idiocy
(d) Fear and Longing
4. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(b) de Guiche
5. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(a) Flayed rabbit
(c) Shucked corn
(d) Chopped wood
6. What musical metaphor does Roxane use to describe love in Scene 5?
7. Who warns Christian that Ligniere's life is in danger?
(a) A pickpocket
(c) The foodseller
8. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
(a) He has only recently met her
(b) He is young
(c) He is handsome
(d) He is a lord
9. At the beginning of Scene 3, Roxane warns the Duenna not to tell who of her deceit?
(d) de Guiche
10. Who climbs Roxane's balcony at the end of Scene 6?
(a) The Duenna
(c) de Guiche
11. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
(a) Cookshop of Comtes
(b) Cookshop of Cadets
(c) Cookshop of Poets
(d) Cookshop of Citizens
12. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
13. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
14. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Forgotten to eat for days
(b) Fought corwds single-handedly
(c) Written Roxane a love letter
(d) Given all his money away
15. In Scene 5, what does Cyrano protest he has never done, though he has good cause?
(b) Seduced a woman
(d) Killed a man
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 7, Christian compares his love to two mythological figures: Cupid and whom?
2. What does Ragueneau actively ignore in his shop?
3. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
4. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
5. Which of the following is not someone to whom Roxane says goodbye as she returns from Clomire's?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)