|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) His love letter
(b) His plume
(c) His sword
(d) A mask
2. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(b) Sends a page to her room
(c) Tosses pebbles at her window
(d) Scales the balcony
3. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) The balcony
(b) Into Roxane's lodging
(c) On the garden wall
(d) Under a bench
4. What character briefly enters the courtyard in Scene 8?
(a) A page
(b) A poet
(c) A cadet
(d) A monk
5. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
6. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Game hen with shallots
(b) Braised pork with capers
(c) Raspberry cream puffs
(d) Almond cheese-cakes
7. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
(a) Solitude and Despair
(b) Fear and Longing
(c) Pride and Mistrust
(d) Agony and Idiocy
8. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Fought corwds single-handedly
(b) Given all his money away
(c) Forgotten to eat for days
(d) Written Roxane a love letter
9. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
(a) Don Quixote
(b) Henry V
(d) The Seven Caesars
10. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
11. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) His house
(b) The sewer
(c) A theatre
(d) A convent
12. To what English lord does Cyrano compare himself in Scene 10?
13. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
14. In Scene 6, what does Roxane say she would do if her beloved were stupid?
(a) Find another
(c) Not care
15. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
(a) A musketeer
(b) An actor
(c) A chef
(d) A priest
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ligniere bring to the theatre at the end of Scene 1?
2. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
3. Which of the following is not a food that one of Ragueneau's cooks brings him?
4. Who informs Cyrano that Roxane wishes to meet him?
5. Who does Cyrano strike at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)