|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what English lord does Cyrano compare himself in Scene 10?
2. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
(b) The Seven Caesars
(c) Don Quixote
(d) Henry V
3. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
4. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) Into Roxane's lodging
(b) On the garden wall
(c) Under a bench
(d) The balcony
5. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(b) de Guiche
6. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Braised pork with capers
(b) Almond cheese-cakes
(c) Raspberry cream puffs
(d) Game hen with shallots
7. What does Cyrano implore Roxane not to do in Scene 7?
(a) Speak ill of him
(b) Descend from the balcony
(c) Kiss him
(d) Leave for bed
8. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
9. Who informs Cyrano that Roxane wishes to meet him?
(a) Le Bret
(b) Her Duenna
10. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
(a) Compte de Guiche
(b) The Citizen
11. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
(d) Le Bret
12. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(b) La Duenna
(c) de Guiche
13. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
(a) Embrace him
(c) Draw his sword
(d) Leave the shop
14. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
(a) His shoulder
(b) His nose
(c) His thigh
(d) His hand
15. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
2. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
3. Who does Cyrano strike at the end of Act 2?
4. What musical metaphor does Roxane use to describe love in Scene 5?
5. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)