|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
2. What does Lise use as wrapping for Ragueneau's food?
(a) Old sacks
3. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
(a) Protector of Paris
(b) Poet Laureate
(c) Keeper of the Common Stores
(d) Commander of the Guards
4. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
(a) A poet
(b) A cavelier
(c) A page
(d) A pickpocket
5. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) A mask
(b) His love letter
(c) His plume
(d) His sword
6. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
(a) Black and White
(b) Lavender and Crimson
(c) Pink and Gold
(d) Red and Blue
7. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Comte de Guiche's convent
(b) Raguenau's shop
(d) Her lodging
8. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
9. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Written Roxane a love letter
(b) Fought corwds single-handedly
(c) Given all his money away
(d) Forgotten to eat for days
10. Where does Roxane wish to meet Cyrano the following day?
(a) Saint Roch
(b) Ragueneau's shop
(c) His lodging
(d) the Jardin des Plantes
11. What is Cyrano doing when he enters in Act 3, Scene 1?
12. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
13. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(b) Scales the balcony
(c) Sends a page to her room
(d) Tosses pebbles at her window
14. What two drinks does Roxane compare to express her disappointment with Christian's words to her?
(a) Beer and sherry
(b) Juice and wine
(c) Water and nectar
(d) Cider and champagne
15. At the beginning of Scene 3, Roxane warns the Duenna not to tell who of her deceit?
(a) de Guiche
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
2. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
3. Who, at the beginning of the Act is relating his misfortunes to the Duenna?
4. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
5. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)