|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(b) 2 hours
(c) An hour
(d) 15 minutes
2. Upon what subject does Roxane expect Christian to speak this night?
(a) The way or war
(b) No subject
(c) The afterlife
(d) The classical poets
3. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(b) Sends a page to her room
(c) Scales the balcony
(d) Tosses pebbles at her window
4. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(c) A poet
(d) The musketeer
5. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(a) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(b) Equal to Cyrano's
(c) Better than Cyrano's
6. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
(b) Compte de Guiche
(d) The Citizen
7. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
(b) Seven o'clock
(c) 3 o'clock
8. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
(a) Writing her a sonnet
(b) Kissing her
(c) Staying silent
(d) Winning a duel
9. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
(a) A priest
(b) An actor
(c) A chef
(d) A musketeer
10. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Almond cheese-cakes
(b) Game hen with shallots
(c) Braised pork with capers
(d) Raspberry cream puffs
11. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
12. What does Cyrano give Bellerose at the end of Scene 4?
(a) His purse
(b) A kiss
(c) His sword
(d) His plume
13. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
(a) Commander of the Guards
(b) Protector of Paris
(c) Poet Laureate
(d) Keeper of the Common Stores
14. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(c) de Guiche
15. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
(a) Le Bret
Short Answer Questions
1. About what subject, according to Lise, will Ragueneau stop talking?
2. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
3. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
4. What does Christian repeatedly protest he will do if Cyrano does not help him in Scene 6?
5. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)