|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(d) de Guiche
2. Who climbs Roxane's balcony at the end of Scene 6?
(a) The Duenna
(c) de Guiche
3. Who does Ligniere bring to the theatre at the end of Scene 1?
(b) Le Bret
4. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
(a) The Seven Caesars
(b) Don Quixote
(c) Henry V
5. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(a) Equal to Cyrano's
(b) Better than Cyrano's
(c) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
6. Who, at the beginning of the Act is relating his misfortunes to the Duenna?
7. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(c) de Guiche
(d) La Duenna
8. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
9. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
(b) Trained monkeys
(d) Singing twins
10. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Game hen with shallots
(b) Almond cheese-cakes
(c) Braised pork with capers
(d) Raspberry cream puffs
11. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
(a) Commander of the Guards
(b) Poet Laureate
(c) Keeper of the Common Stores
(d) Protector of Paris
12. What does Cyrano implore Roxane not to do in Scene 7?
(a) Leave for bed
(b) Descend from the balcony
(c) Kiss him
(d) Speak ill of him
13. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
(a) Solitude and Despair
(b) Pride and Mistrust
(c) Agony and Idiocy
(d) Fear and Longing
14. Which of the following is not someone to whom Roxane says goodbye as she returns from Clomire's?
15. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(c) A poet
(d) The musketeer
Short Answer Questions
1. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
2. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
3. Who informs Cyrano that Roxane wishes to meet him?
4. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
5. Which of the following is not an object to which Cyrano compares a kiss?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)