|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roxanne not want Cyrano to tell Christian what she wants him to discuss?
(a) He might be offended
(b) He might prepare something beforehand
(c) He might feel unsure fo himself
(d) He might try too hard to please her
2. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
3. What does Cyrano give Bellerose at the end of Scene 4?
(a) A kiss
(b) His purse
(c) His sword
(d) His plume
4. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
(a) His nose
(b) His hand
(c) His shoulder
(d) His thigh
5. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(b) La Duenna
(c) de Guiche
6. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
(a) Don Quixote
(b) Henry V
(c) The Seven Caesars
7. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
8. Which of the following is not someone to whom Roxane says goodbye as she returns from Clomire's?
9. In Scene 6, what does Roxane say she would do if her beloved were stupid?
(b) Find another
(c) Not care
10. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
11. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(b) A poet
(d) The musketeer
12. What is Ragueneau's profession?
13. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
(a) Poet Laureate
(b) Protector of Paris
(c) Commander of the Guards
(d) Keeper of the Common Stores
14. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The pubs
(c) His home
(d) The military camp
15. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
(a) Winning a duel
(b) Writing her a sonnet
(c) Staying silent
(d) Kissing her
Short Answer Questions
1. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
3. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
4. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
5. How does Cyrano convince the Duenna to leave him alone with Roxane?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)