|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) On the garden wall
(b) The balcony
(c) Into Roxane's lodging
(d) Under a bench
2. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
(b) Trained monkeys
(d) Singing twins
3. Who does Cyrano strike at the end of Act 2?
(c) The musketeer
(d) A poet
4. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
(a) The barracks
(b) Ragueneau's shop
(c) Cyrano's lodging
(d) The Hotel Bourgogne
5. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
(a) The street
(c) The cellar
(d) A back room
6. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
(a) A priest
(b) A musketeer
(c) An actor
(d) A chef
7. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
(a) Penelope and Antonia
(b) Cleopatra and Bernice
(c) Antigone and Livia
(d) Hecuba and Eurydice
8. Which character is trying to seduce the Flower Girl in the first scene?
(a) The watchman
(b) The cavalier
(c) The youth
(d) The burgher
9. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
(a) Commander of the Guards
(b) Keeper of the Common Stores
(c) Protector of Paris
(d) Poet Laureate
10. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The military camp
(b) The pubs
(c) His home
11. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
(b) The Seven Caesars
(c) Don Quixote
(d) Henry V
12. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
(a) Sends a page to her room
(b) Tosses pebbles at her window
(c) Scales the balcony
13. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Given all his money away
(b) Written Roxane a love letter
(c) Fought corwds single-handedly
(d) Forgotten to eat for days
14. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
(c) Le Bret
15. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
(a) His hand
(b) His thigh
(c) His shoulder
(d) His nose
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, how does Cyrano think Christian looks when he enters?
2. What is Ragueneau's profession?
3. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
4. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
5. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)