|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano warn the officers at the theatre not to do as the ruffians attack?
(a) Hold him back
(b) Help him
2. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(d) de Guiche
3. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
(a) Cookshop of Citizens
(b) Cookshop of Cadets
(c) Cookshop of Comtes
(d) Cookshop of Poets
4. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
(a) Lavender and Crimson
(b) Pink and Gold
(c) Black and White
(d) Red and Blue
5. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A convent
(b) His house
(c) The sewer
(d) A theatre
6. What character briefly enters the courtyard in Scene 8?
(a) A page
(b) A monk
(c) A poet
(d) A cadet
7. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) On the garden wall
(b) Under a bench
(c) The balcony
(d) Into Roxane's lodging
8. What does Cyrano give Bellerose at the end of Scene 4?
(a) His purse
(b) His sword
(c) A kiss
(d) His plume
9. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
(a) The Seven Caesars
(b) Don Quixote
(d) Henry V
10. About what subject, according to Lise, will Ragueneau stop talking?
(a) Cyrano fight with thr ruffians
(b) Cyrano's rhymed duel
(c) Roxane's immenant arrival
(d) Meeting D'Artagnan
11. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) His plume
(b) His sword
(c) A mask
(d) His love letter
12. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
(a) The barracks
(b) The Hotel Bourgogne
(c) Ragueneau's shop
(d) Cyrano's lodging
13. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
14. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The raising of the curtain
(b) The beginning of the dumb-show
(c) The lighting of the chandeliers
(d) The playing of music
15. What two drinks does Roxane compare to express her disappointment with Christian's words to her?
(a) Water and nectar
(b) Cider and champagne
(c) Juice and wine
(d) Beer and sherry
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 7, Christian compares his love to two mythological figures: Cupid and whom?
2. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
3. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
4. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
5. What does Ragueneau actively ignore in his shop?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)