|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
2. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Almond cheese-cakes
(b) Braised pork with capers
(c) Raspberry cream puffs
(d) Game hen with shallots
3. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(b) 2 hours
(c) An hour
(d) 15 minutes
4. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
(b) Draw his sword
(c) Leave the shop
(d) Embrace him
5. Who does Ligniere bring to the theatre at the end of Scene 1?
(b) Le Bret
6. Who warns Christian that Ligniere's life is in danger?
(a) The foodseller
(c) A pickpocket
7. At the beginning of Scene 3, Roxane warns the Duenna not to tell who of her deceit?
(c) de Guiche
8. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The playing of music
(b) The raising of the curtain
(c) The beginning of the dumb-show
(d) The lighting of the chandeliers
9. Which of the following is not an object to which Cyrano compares a kiss?
(a) A rainstorm
(b) An oath
(c) A communion
(d) A seal
10. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) A chateau in Provence
(b) Her hand in marriage
(c) 250 crowns
(d) An archbishopric
11. How does Cyrano convince the Duenna to leave him alone with Roxane?
(a) He gives her pastries
(b) He pays her some money
(c) He threatens her
(d) He sends her on an errand
12. Who informs Cyrano that Roxane wishes to meet him?
(c) Her Duenna
(d) Le Bret
13. What does Cyrano give Bellerose at the end of Scene 4?
(a) A kiss
(b) His plume
(c) His purse
(d) His sword
14. Who does Cyrano chase from the shop at the end of Scene 4?
(b) The musketeer
(c) A poet
15. What two drinks does Roxane compare to express her disappointment with Christian's words to her?
(a) Cider and champagne
(b) Beer and sherry
(c) Water and nectar
(d) Juice and wine
Short Answer Questions
1. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
2. What does Cyrano do at the end of Scene 6 to draw Roxane's attention?
3. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
4. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
5. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)