Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the scene at the beginning of the play.
2. Why does Ragueneau expect Cyrano at the play?
3. What is the Comte de Guiche's treachery against Ligniere?
4. How does Cyrano react to the loutish Citizen's attack on his nose?
5. Why does Cyrano truly detest Montfleury?
6. Why hasn't Cyrano professed his love to Roxane?
7. Why does Cyrano leave the theatre at the end of Act 1?
8. Describe Lise.
9. With what has Ragueneau been preoccupied in Act 2?
10. Why does Cyrano consider himself a coward at the end of Scene 3?
11. Describe the scene created when Ragueneau's poets enter the shop.
12. How does Cyrano get rid of the Duenna?
13. What news does Roxane tell Cyrano in Scene 6?
14. What offer does de Guiche make Cyrano, and why does Cyrano refuse?
15. What point does Cyrano make in Scene 8 about patronage of the arts?
16. Why does Christian insult Cyrano's nose in Scene 9?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)