|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
(a) A musketeer
(b) A priest
(c) A chef
(d) An actor
2. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The raising of the curtain
(b) The beginning of the dumb-show
(c) The playing of music
(d) The lighting of the chandeliers
3. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Frivolity and Foolishness
(b) Hatred and Fear
(c) Greed and Deceit
(d) Envy and Cowardice
4. How does Cyrano convince the Duenna to leave him alone with Roxane?
(a) He sends her on an errand
(b) He threatens her
(c) He gives her pastries
(d) He pays her some money
5. What character briefly enters the courtyard in Scene 8?
(a) A cadet
(b) A poet
(c) A monk
(d) A page
Short Answer Questions
1. Which major character is not present onstage at the beginning of Scene 10?
2. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
3. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
4. Which of the following is not someone to whom Roxane says goodbye as she returns from Clomire's?
5. What does de Guiche recommend Cyrano do in Scene 2?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)