|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical metaphor does Roxane use to describe love in Scene 5?
2. Which major character is not present onstage at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) de Guiche
3. What does Christian ask Roxane to do at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Bring him another glass of wine
(b) Ask Cyrano about the letters
(c) Forget him after he dies
(d) Visit the other men
4. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Hatred and Fear
(b) Frivolity and Foolishness
(c) Envy and Cowardice
(d) Greed and Deceit
5. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
(a) The cellar
(b) The street
(c) A back room
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
2. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
3. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
4. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
5. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)