|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The raising of the curtain
(b) The playing of music
(c) The beginning of the dumb-show
(d) The lighting of the chandeliers
2. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
(a) He is half-asleep
(b) He is in a rage
(c) He is fat
(d) He is pale
3. When de Guiche accuses a cadet of being intoxicated, the cadet claims to be so because of what?
(a) His love of France
(b) The presence of a beautiful woman
(d) The smell of powder
4. How many meals a day do the cadets claim to have gotten in Paris?
5. Which of the following is not a promise that Roxane demands of Cyrano at the end of Act 3?
(a) That Christian will not suffer in the cold
(b) That Christian will remain faithful
(c) That Christian with write often
(d) That Christian will be place at the back of the line
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
2. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
3. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
4. What part of Cyrano's body is injured in Scene 3?
5. Who, at the beginning of the Act is relating his misfortunes to the Duenna?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)