|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
2. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
(a) His pride
(b) His wit
(c) His tears
(d) His sword
3. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A theatre
(b) The sewer
(c) A convent
(d) His house
4. What two colors does Cyrano use to describe Christian and Roxane in Scene 9?
(a) Red and Blue
(b) Black and White
(c) Lavender and Crimson
(d) Pink and Gold
5. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would leave Christian
(b) He fears she would kill herself
(c) He fears she would not believe him
(d) He fears she would not forgive him
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 7, Christian compares his love to two mythological figures: Cupid and whom?
2. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
3. Who informs Cyrano of Christian's fatal wound?
4. In Scene 5, what does Cyrano protest he has never done, though he has good cause?
5. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)