|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Her lodging
(b) Raguenau's shop
(c) Comte de Guiche's convent
2. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
3. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
(a) The night is pitch black
(b) He has never been there before
(c) He has poor eyesight
(d) He is wearing a mask
4. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(a) de Guiche
5. To what English lord does Cyrano compare himself in Scene 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
2. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 6, one cadet tells Roxanne that he is crying for what reason?
4. What musical metaphor does Roxane use to describe love in Scene 5?
5. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)