|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) A mask
(b) His love letter
(c) His sword
(d) His plume
2. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Hatred and Fear
(b) Frivolity and Foolishness
(c) Envy and Cowardice
(d) Greed and Deceit
3. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
(a) Fought corwds single-handedly
(b) Given all his money away
(c) Written Roxane a love letter
(d) Forgotten to eat for days
4. What does Cyrano implore Roxane not to do in Scene 7?
(a) Speak ill of him
(b) Leave for bed
(c) Kiss him
(d) Descend from the balcony
5. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
(a) Protector of Paris
(b) Commander of the Guards
(c) Keeper of the Common Stores
(d) Poet Laureate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyrano warn the officers at the theatre not to do as the ruffians attack?
2. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
3. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
4. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
5. What other major character has Roxane brought along in her coach?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)