|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
(a) Penelope and Antonia
(b) Hecuba and Eurydice
(c) Cleopatra and Bernice
(d) Antigone and Livia
2. Where does Ragueneau take his poets to give Cyrano privacy?
(a) The cellar
(b) A back room
(d) The street
3. Who enters the scene at the end of Scene 6?
(d) de Guiche
4. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
(a) On Friday
(b) Next week
(c) That night
5. In Scene 7, behind what does Cyrano tell Roxane his heart cowers?
(a) His wit
(b) His pride
(c) His tears
(d) His sword
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
2. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
3. What musical metaphor does Roxane use to describe love in Scene 5?
4. Why does de Guiche have such difficulty finding Roxane's house at the beginning of Scene 13?
5. Which is the first instrument that Cyrano instructs be played in Scene 3?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)