|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) A chateau in Provence
(b) Her hand in marriage
(c) An archbishopric
(d) 250 crowns
2. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
3. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
(d) Le Bret
4. At the end of Scene 7, Cyrano is shocked that Christian requests what of Roxane?
(a) That she never see him again
(b) That she kiss him
(c) That she marry him
(d) That she leave Paris immediately
5. Which of the following is not a food that one of Ragueneau's cooks brings him?
(b) Pork loin
(d) Candied fruit
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the Comte de Guiche give for leaving at the end of Scene 5?
2. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
3. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
4. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
5. At what part of Roxanne's body does Christian marvel when she embraces him in Scene 5?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)