|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3 | Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cyrano strike at the end of Act 2?
(a) The musketeer
(b) A poet
2. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
3. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The lighting of the chandeliers
(b) The playing of music
(c) The beginning of the dumb-show
(d) The raising of the curtain
4. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(b) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(c) Better than Cyrano's
(d) Equal to Cyrano's
5. At the beginning of Scene 3, Roxane warns the Duenna not to tell who of her deceit?
(a) de Guiche
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Cyrano tell Roxane not to miss at Clomire's before she leaves in Scene 3?
2. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
3. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
4. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
5. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)