|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6 | Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rhymed recipe does Ragueneau present to his poets?
(a) Game hen with shallots
(b) Raspberry cream puffs
(c) Almond cheese-cakes
(d) Braised pork with capers
2. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The playing of music
(b) The raising of the curtain
(c) The beginning of the dumb-show
(d) The lighting of the chandeliers
3. Where does Cyrano appear in Scene 3?
(a) The stage
(b) The rafters
(c) The audience pit
(d) De Guiche's box
4. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
(a) His home
(b) The pubs
(c) The military camp
5. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) English dumbshow
(b) Spanish drama
(c) French farce
(d) German opera
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cyrano convince the Duenna to leave him alone with Roxane?
2. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
3. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
4. What does Lise use as wrapping for Ragueneau's food?
5. What is Ragueneau's profession?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)