|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2 | Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 5, what does Cyrano protest he has never done, though he has good cause?
(c) Seduced a woman
(d) Killed a man
2. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
3. What is Ragueneau's profession?
4. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
5. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
(a) Penelope and Antonia
(b) Antigone and Livia
(c) Hecuba and Eurydice
(d) Cleopatra and Bernice
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
2. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
3. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
4. What does Cyrano warn the officers at the theatre not to do as the ruffians attack?
5. Who does Ligniere bring to the theatre at the end of Scene 1?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)