|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2 | Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The lighting of the chandeliers
(b) The raising of the curtain
(c) The beginning of the dumb-show
(d) The playing of music
2. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
3. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
(b) Madame Le Farge
(d) Edmond Dantes
4. How many enemies does Le Bret estimate Cyrano made this evening?
5. Where does Roxane wish to meet Cyrano the following day?
(a) Saint Roch
(b) the Jardin des Plantes
(c) His lodging
(d) Ragueneau's shop
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
2. At the end of Scene 3, what does Cyrano say he has done many times?
3. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
4. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
5. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)