|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2 | Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
2. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The raising of the curtain
(b) The lighting of the chandeliers
(c) The beginning of the dumb-show
(d) The playing of music
3. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
(a) The Citizen
(b) Compte de Guiche
4. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The pubs
(c) The military camp
(d) His home
5. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
(a) Madame Le Farge
(d) Edmond Dantes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Cyrano that Roxane wishes to meet him?
2. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
3. Where does Cyrano appear in Scene 3?
4. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
5. To which two classical figures does Cyrano compare Roxane in Scene 5?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)