Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Greed and Deceit
(b) Envy and Cowardice
(c) Frivolity and Foolishness
(d) Hatred and Fear
2. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) They are drunk
(b) They have terrible hearing
(c) He is too stealthy
(d) They are asleep
3. Where is Ligniere going at the end of Scene 2?
(b) The military camp
(c) The pubs
(d) His home
4. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
5. What two "serpents" does Christian claim his love has strangled?
(a) Fear and Longing
(b) Solitude and Despair
(c) Pride and Mistrust
(d) Agony and Idiocy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
2. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
3. For what does Roxane proudly proclaim she now loves Christian?
4. What do Carbon and Le Bret notice about de Guiche immediately on his entrance in Scene 4?
5. What does Lise use as wrapping for Ragueneau's food?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)