Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3 | Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) English dumbshow
(b) German opera
(c) Spanish drama
(d) French farce
2. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Greed and Deceit
(b) Hatred and Fear
(c) Envy and Cowardice
(d) Frivolity and Foolishness
3. Who does Ligniere bring to the theatre at the end of Scene 1?
(b) Le Bret
4. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
(a) The lighting of the chandeliers
(b) The playing of music
(c) The raising of the curtain
(d) The beginning of the dumb-show
5. According to the poets of Scene 4, how many ruffians lie dying because of Cyrano's sword?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
2. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
3. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
4. Where does Christian refuse to go with Cyrano in Scene 4?
5. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)