|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2 | Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who challenges Cyrano to a duel after he ejects Montfleury?
(a) The Citizen
(c) Compte de Guiche
2. What does Cyrano warn the officers at the theatre not to do as the ruffians attack?
(b) Hold him back
(c) Help him
3. Which character is trying to seduce the Flower Girl in the first scene?
(a) The youth
(b) The watchman
(c) The cavalier
(d) The burgher
4. In Scene 2, Ragueneau wraps an order of patties in a sonnet to whom?
5. What does Cyrano give Bellerose at the end of Scene 4?
(a) His purse
(b) His plume
(c) His sword
(d) A kiss
Short Answer Questions
1. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
2. Which of the following is not a person who arrives to see the play-within-the-play in the first scene?
3. Which of the following is not a food that one of Ragueneau's cooks brings him?
4. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
5. What action in Scene 2 signifies that the play-within-the-play is about to begin?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)