|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time is Roxane meeting Cyrano?
(a) Seven o'clock
(d) 3 o'clock
2. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
3. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
(a) He has only recently met her
(b) He is handsome
(c) He is a lord
(d) He is young
4. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) They have terrible hearing
(b) He is too stealthy
(c) They are asleep
(d) They are drunk
5. In Scene 6, one cadet tells Roxanne that he is crying for what reason?
(a) He has not slept in days
(b) She is so beautiful
(c) The food is so good
(d) He is afraid to die
Short Answer Questions
1. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
2. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
3. What does Christian repeatedly protest he will do if Cyrano does not help him in Scene 6?
4. Where does Roxane depart at the end of Scene 5?
5. What fairy tale does Roxane reference in Scene 5 in discussing her journey?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)