|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) German opera
(b) Spanish drama
(c) English dumbshow
(d) French farce
2. Which of the following is not an object to which Cyrano compares a kiss?
(a) A rainstorm
(b) A seal
(c) A communion
(d) An oath
3. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
(a) Edmond Dantes
(c) Madame Le Farge
4. What does Cyrano give to Christian at the end of Scene 10?
(a) A mask
(b) His plume
(c) His sword
(d) His love letter
5. To which Greek god does Roxane compare Christian in Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
2. What weapon has wounded Carbon at the end of Act 4?
3. When stopped by Spanish forces, where does Roxane tell them she is going?
4. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
5. What does Cyrano offer to Christian to aid him in his pursuit of Roxane?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)