|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 10 | Act 2, Scene 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession is Lise's "friend" that enters in Scene 3?
(a) A musketeer
(b) An actor
(c) A chef
(d) A priest
2. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
(a) Cookshop of Cadets
(b) Cookshop of Comtes
(c) Cookshop of Poets
(d) Cookshop of Citizens
3. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) French farce
(b) English dumbshow
(c) German opera
(d) Spanish drama
4. What does Cyrano demand Christian do in the first line of Scene 10?
(b) Embrace him
(c) Draw his sword
(d) Leave the shop
5. About what subject, according to Lise, will Ragueneau stop talking?
(a) Meeting D'Artagnan
(b) Cyrano's rhymed duel
(c) Roxane's immenant arrival
(d) Cyrano fight with thr ruffians
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
2. What famous French literary figure appears in the fourth scene of the play?
3. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
4. When does Christian intend to declare his love to Roxane?
5. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)