|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 10 | Act 2, Scene 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrano give Bellerose at the end of Scene 4?
(a) His sword
(b) His purse
(c) A kiss
(d) His plume
2. Which of the following is not a category of insult that Cyrano mentions in his famous nose speech?
3. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
4. What does Christian tell Cyrano is his only hope for staying in Roxane's affections?
(a) Kissing her
(b) Winning a duel
(c) Staying silent
(d) Writing her a sonnet
5. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) French farce
(b) German opera
(c) English dumbshow
(d) Spanish drama
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
2. What does Cyrano offer to Christian to aid him in his pursuit of Roxane?
3. Who warns Christian that Ligniere's life is in danger?
4. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
5. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)