|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1 | Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(a) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(b) Equal to Cyrano's
(d) Better than Cyrano's
2. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) They are asleep
(b) He is too stealthy
(c) They have terrible hearing
(d) They are drunk
3. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
(a) de Guiche
4. Who climbs Roxane's balcony at the end of Scene 6?
(b) The Duenna
(c) de Guiche
5. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) French farce
(b) Spanish drama
(c) German opera
(d) English dumbshow
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does de Guiche state the he intends to hide in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
3. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
4. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
5. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)