|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1 | Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
(a) A carp
(b) A trout
(c) A sparrow
(d) A pheasant
2. What time of day is the opening of Act 4?
3. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
(a) The Seven Caesars
(b) Don Quixote
(d) Henry V
4. What famous historical figure does the Comte de Guiche claim as his uncle?
(b) Marquis de Sade
(c) Cardinal Richelieu
(d) Louis XIV
5. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
(a) He is handsome
(b) He is a lord
(c) He is young
(d) He has only recently met her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, at the beginning of the Act is relating his misfortunes to the Duenna?
2. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
3. At the beginning of Scene 6, Roxane thanks Cyrano for teaching who a lesson?
4. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
5. Which of the following is not an object to which Cyrano compares a kiss?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)