|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1 | Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, at the beginning of the Act is relating his misfortunes to the Duenna?
2. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) They have terrible hearing
(b) He is too stealthy
(c) They are asleep
(d) They are drunk
3. What does Lise use as wrapping for Ragueneau's food?
(a) Old sacks
4. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) German opera
(b) Spanish drama
(c) French farce
(d) English dumbshow
5. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(a) Better than Cyrano's
(b) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(d) Equal to Cyrano's
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
2. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 6, what does Roxane say she would do if her beloved were stupid?
4. What aspect of Christian's character does Cyrano forget as he woos Roxane in Scene 10?
5. One cadet in Scene 2 offers all his lordly titles for what food?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)