|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1 | Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is Roxane unable to utter when she returns to the window in Scene 10?
2. To what English lord does Cyrano compare himself in Scene 10?
3. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
(a) German opera
(b) English dumbshow
(c) French farce
(d) Spanish drama
4. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
(a) The Seven Caesars
(b) Don Quixote
(c) Henry V
5. What does Cyrano do every morning before dawn?
(a) Scavenges for food in the woods
(b) Delivers Christian's letter
(c) Rouses the troops with a bawdy poem
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not present at the beginning of Scene 1?
2. What is Cyrano doing when he enters in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What are the players of the Hotel de Bourgogne doing at the end of the first act?
4. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
5. To whom does Cyrano send his pages in Scene 1?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)