|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1 | Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, at the beginning of the Act is relating his misfortunes to the Duenna?
2. Under what name did Roxane go when she was younger?
3. What new honor does de Guiche announce he has been given in Scene 2?
(a) Poet Laureate
(b) Keeper of the Common Stores
(c) Commander of the Guards
(d) Protector of Paris
4. Why, according to Cyrano, do the Spanish troops never notice when he crosses their lines?
(a) He is too stealthy
(b) They have terrible hearing
(c) They are asleep
(d) They are drunk
5. How does Roxane describe Christian's wit to Cyrano in Scene 1?
(b) Better than Cyrano's
(c) Nearly as good as Cyrano's
(d) Equal to Cyrano's
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ragueneau's shop?
2. In what theatrical term does Cyrano characterize the battle that is about to about to take place at the end of Act 1?
3. To what literary work does the Comte de Guiche refer Cyrano before leaving the shop?
4. Which of the following is not an animal that the cadets hope has been captured for food?
5. At the beginning of Scene 7, who informs Cyrano that a crowd wishes to see him outside?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)