|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 15 minutes
(d) An hour
2. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Annul his marriage to Roxane
(b) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
(c) Die on the field of battle
(d) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
3. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is angry
(b) He is pale
(c) He is weak
(d) He is crying
4. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Tell her the truth
(b) Never speak a word to her again
(c) Get her away from the siege
(d) Leave the camp
5. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Frivolity and Foolishness
(b) Greed and Deceit
(c) Envy and Cowardice
(d) Hatred and Fear
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
2. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
3. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
4. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
5. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)