|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) Into Roxane's lodging
(b) The balcony
(c) Under a bench
(d) On the garden wall
2. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is weak
(b) He is pale
(c) He is crying
(d) He is angry
3. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(b) Shucked corn
(c) Chopped wood
(d) Flayed rabbit
4. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) Her hand in marriage
(b) An archbishopric
(c) 250 crowns
(d) A chateau in Provence
5. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
(b) Annul his marriage to Roxane
(c) Die on the field of battle
(d) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
Short Answer Questions
1. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
2. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
4. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
5. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)