|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) Under a bench
(b) The balcony
(c) Into Roxane's lodging
(d) On the garden wall
2. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(a) de Guiche
(d) La Duenna
3. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(a) Flayed rabbit
(b) Chopped wood
(d) Shucked corn
4. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Get her away from the siege
(b) Tell her the truth
(c) Leave the camp
(d) Never speak a word to her again
5. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Greed and Deceit
(b) Hatred and Fear
(c) Envy and Cowardice
(d) Frivolity and Foolishness
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
2. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
3. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
4. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
5. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)