|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
2. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He loves Roxane
(b) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
(c) He intends to call a retreat
(d) He expects to die
3. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(c) A rival
(d) A devil
4. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) Into Roxane's lodging
(b) On the garden wall
(c) The balcony
(d) Under a bench
5. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
(b) Die on the field of battle
(c) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
(d) Annul his marriage to Roxane
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
2. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
3. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
4. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
5. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)