|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(a) A rival
(c) A devil
2. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Greed and Deceit
(b) Frivolity and Foolishness
(c) Hatred and Fear
(d) Envy and Cowardice
3. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
4. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
(b) He intends to call a retreat
(c) He expects to die
(d) He loves Roxane
5. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(a) de Guiche
(d) La Duenna
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
2. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
3. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
4. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
5. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)