|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Die on the field of battle
(b) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
(c) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
(d) Annul his marriage to Roxane
2. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
3. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(a) La Duenna
(b) de Guiche
4. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He expects to die
(b) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
(c) He loves Roxane
(d) He intends to call a retreat
5. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
2. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
3. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
4. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
5. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)