|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(c) A rival
(d) A devil
2. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(b) 15 minutes
(c) 2 hours
(d) An hour
3. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Envy and Cowardice
(b) Frivolity and Foolishness
(c) Hatred and Fear
(d) Greed and Deceit
4. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Get her away from the siege
(b) Leave the camp
(c) Never speak a word to her again
(d) Tell her the truth
5. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) A chateau in Provence
(b) Her hand in marriage
(c) 250 crowns
(d) An archbishopric
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
2. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
3. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
4. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
5. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)