|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He intends to call a retreat
(b) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
(c) He loves Roxane
(d) He expects to die
2. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
3. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) An archbishopric
(b) A chateau in Provence
(c) 250 crowns
(d) Her hand in marriage
4. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
5. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
2. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
3. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
4. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
5. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)