|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
2. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is crying
(b) He is angry
(c) He is pale
(d) He is weak
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would leave Christian
(b) He fears she would kill herself
(c) He fears she would not forgive him
(d) He fears she would not believe him
4. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
5. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He loves Roxane
(b) He expects to die
(c) He intends to call a retreat
(d) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
Short Answer Questions
1. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
2. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
3. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
4. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
5. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)