|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) 250 crowns
(b) A chateau in Provence
(c) Her hand in marriage
(d) An archbishopric
2. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
3. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) On the garden wall
(b) The balcony
(c) Into Roxane's lodging
(d) Under a bench
4. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(c) A devil
(d) A rival
5. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He intends to call a retreat
(b) He expects to die
(c) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
(d) He loves Roxane
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
2. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
4. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
5. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)