|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Get her away from the siege
(b) Never speak a word to her again
(c) Tell her the truth
(d) Leave the camp
2. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would kill herself
(b) He fears she would leave Christian
(c) He fears she would not believe him
(d) He fears she would not forgive him
4. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 15 minutes
(c) An hour
5. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(a) A devil
(b) A rival
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
2. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
3. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
4. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
5. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)