|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
(b) He intends to call a retreat
(c) He loves Roxane
(d) He expects to die
2. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
3. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
4. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(b) A rival
(c) A devil
5. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) An archbishopric
(b) Her hand in marriage
(c) A chateau in Provence
(d) 250 crowns
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
2. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
3. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
4. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
5. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)