|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(a) Flayed rabbit
(b) Chopped wood
(c) Shucked corn
2. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) He has been writing extra letters to Roxane
(b) He expects to die
(c) He intends to call a retreat
(d) He loves Roxane
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
(a) He fears she would leave Christian
(b) He fears she would not forgive him
(c) He fears she would kill herself
(d) He fears she would not believe him
4. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
(a) Never speak a word to her again
(b) Tell her the truth
(c) Get her away from the siege
(d) Leave the camp
5. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
2. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
3. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
4. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
5. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)