|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is pale
(b) He is weak
(c) He is crying
(d) He is angry
2. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(b) A rival
(c) A devil
3. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Envy and Cowardice
(b) Frivolity and Foolishness
(c) Greed and Deceit
(d) Hatred and Fear
4. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
5. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
(a) The balcony
(b) Into Roxane's lodging
(c) On the garden wall
(d) Under a bench
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
2. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
3. When the monk returns at the beginning of Scene 11 looking for Magdeleine Robin, Cyrano claims to have misheard the latter name as what?
4. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
5. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)