|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
2. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Die on the field of battle
(b) Annul his marriage to Roxane
(c) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
(d) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
3. What does Christian protest he contains within himself?
(c) A rival
(d) A devil
4. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(a) de Guiche
(c) La Duenna
5. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
(a) He is pale
(b) He is weak
(c) He is angry
(d) He is crying
Short Answer Questions
1. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
2. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
3. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
4. What information does Christian draw from Cyrano at the beginning of Scene 9?
5. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)