|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two vices does Cyrano proclaim to want to slay at the end of Scene 8?
(a) Hatred and Fear
(b) Envy and Cowardice
(c) Frivolity and Foolishness
(d) Greed and Deceit
2. For whose benefit do the cadets demand Cyrano tell the story of his recent victory over the brigands?
(d) Le Bret
3. What does one cadet say Christian will look like after Cyrano is finished with him?
(a) Shucked corn
(b) Chopped wood
(c) Flayed rabbit
4. How many men does one cadet confide in Scene 9 were recently killed by Cyrano for talk of noses?
5. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Die on the field of battle
(b) Annul his marriage to Roxane
(c) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
(d) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
2. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
4. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
5. Where does Cyrano go onstage in Scene 12?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)