|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his long monologue of Scene 8, Cyrano mentions the name of his editor. Who is it?
2. What does Christian insist he can do to help Cyrano?
(a) Annul his marriage to Roxane
(b) Never speak a word of the truth to Roxane
(c) Smuggle Cyrano from the field
(d) Die on the field of battle
3. What false promise to the monk does Roxane claim is in de Guiche's letter?
(a) A chateau in Provence
(b) 250 crowns
(c) Her hand in marriage
(d) An archbishopric
4. How long does the monk say Cyrano needs to detain the Comte de Guiche?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 15 minutes
(d) An hour
5. From whom is the letter that the monk bears?
(c) de Guiche
(d) La Duenna
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Roxane display when reading de Guiche's letter to the monk?
2. What does Christian insist Cyrano do as a result of Roxane's profession of love?
3. Why does Cyrano fear telling Roxane the truth of the letters?
4. At the beginning of Scene 8, what supposed vice does Cyrano defend to Le Bret?
5. What is the first thing that Cyrano notices about Christian in Scene 9?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)