Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1, Scene 1 | Act 1, Scene 2 Abstract
* An audience gathers to watch a popular play.
* Christian, Ligniere, Ragueneau, and Le Bret enter.
* Ragueneau wonders where Cyrano is.
* Roxane enters with the Count de Guiche.
Act 1, Scene 3 | Act 1, Scene 4 Abstract
* The play-within-the-play begins.
* Cyrano chases Montfleury from the stage.
* Cyrano expounds on his nose.
* Cyrano duels Valvert.
Act 1, Scene 5 | Act 1, Scene 6 Abstract
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)