|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older is Jessie than Pitt?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 40, how long has Pitt been on the water after escaping the Russian installation?
3. Where do Jessie and Pitt sleep when they get to Cuba?
4. What news does Gly bring Gunn and Giordino at the end of Chapter 50?
5. How close can the assault team, that is being led by Kleist, get to the island of Cayo Santa Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt learn when he calls Weehawken Marine Products?
2. What is the problem with the engines of the Amy Bigalow and the Ozero Zaysan?
3. What is a Dasher?
4. In Chapter 72, where is Velikov taken when his limousine is stopped by a roadblock?
5. Why does the President accuse the Inner Core of murder?
6. What may be the purpose of the Russian installation?
7. Why does Pitt decide that the ships are the bombs that the Russians intend to set off in Havana?
8. Describe what happened when the Ozero Baykai blew up.
9. What is the Soviet's plan to make South and Central American solid extensions of the Soviet Union?
10. What happened to Jessie, Hagen and the Castros who were in Sloppy Joe's when the explosion occurred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pitt is fully capable of working solo, but is also willing to work as part of team. Show other examples of teamwork in the novel and compare how different groups of characters work together to accomplish a goal or solve a problem.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether each storyline of the novel does or does not have a protagonist and an antagonist. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Steinmetz says that the lunar colonists have a home-town advantage if it comes down to a fight with the Russians. Explain how this home-town advantage worked for and against the colonists. Use examples from "Cyclops."
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)