|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pitt on November 3?
2. How long will it take to restart the Amy Bigelow's engines?
3. How far are Pitt, Manny, and the others from the shore when the tidal wave hits?
4. A man comes walking down the street toward Sandecker, Giordino, and Jessie with a large group of children. What are they singing?
5. What is the cargo of the Amy Bigelow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt do when Martin Brogan implies that he is not telling the truth about his experiences on the island?
2. How is Velikov supposed to bring down the Gettysburg?
3. Why do the Soviets believe that the Cubans are responsible for the destruction of the communications center on Cayo Santa Maria?
4. Describe what happened when the Ozero Baykai blew up.
5. How do the colonists defeat the Russians?
6. What is a Dasher?
7. What happened when Pitt and Quintana burst into the communications center?
8. What is the Soviet's plan to make South and Central American solid extensions of the Soviet Union?
9. Why does Giordino throw the coffee cups that he was bringing to Sandecker and Jessie over his shoulder?
10. Why does the President accuse the Inner Core of murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether Worley, Captain of the Cyclops, was a German sympathizer. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Steinmetz says that the lunar colonists have a home-town advantage if it comes down to a fight with the Russians. Explain how this home-town advantage worked for and against the colonists. Use examples from "Cyclops."
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the novel and argue that the genre of the novel is either an action-adventure or some other type of genre.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)