|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack's crew on the tugboat use to kill the crew on the Ozero Baykai?
2. Where did Jessie go to high school?
3. Whose body do the Soviets say is recovered from the communications center on Cayo Santa Maria?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 40, how much longer does Pitt expect his motor to keep running?
5. How did Jessie meet Raymond?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the colonists defeat the Russians?
2. Why does Giordino throw the coffee cups that he was bringing to Sandecker and Jessie over his shoulder?
3. What is the problem with the engines of the Amy Bigalow and the Ozero Zaysan?
4. What is a Dasher?
5. How do Pitt and Jessie get into the Swiss Embassy?
6. How is Velikov supposed to bring down the Gettysburg?
7. In Chapter 72, where is Velikov taken when his limousine is stopped by a roadblock?
8. Why doesn't Pitt rendezvous with the rest of the assault team back at the SPUT?
9. Why does Pitt decide that the ships are the bombs that the Russians intend to set off in Havana?
10. What does Pitt do after he crashes the taxi into the Russian car that was pursuing him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pitt is fully capable of working solo, but is also willing to work as part of team. Show other examples of teamwork in the novel and compare how different groups of characters work together to accomplish a goal or solve a problem.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the novel to support your position, argue whether Cussler does or does not makes events like the lunar colony plausible.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout "Cyclops", Cussler weaves historical facts with the storyline. Explain how Cussler uses creative license to adapt history to advance the plot of the novel.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)