|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cargo of the Ozero Zaysan?
2. How does Pitt get out of the Swiss Embassy to meet with the CIA agents?
3. When the Soviet soldiers land on the moon, how do they feel?
4. Who do the Soviets say is missing from the communications center on Cayo Santa Maria?
5. What mistake does Pitt make after killing two guards in a passageway to the communications center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Major Gus Hollyman flying scared at the beginning of Chapter 56?
2. How did Raymond LeBaron die?
3. Why do the Soviets believe that the Cubans are responsible for the destruction of the communications center on Cayo Santa Maria?
4. What does Jessie think she sees while she is sitting at the makeshift hospital waiting to have a cup of coffee with Sandecker and Giordino?
5. What does Pitt do after he crashes the taxi into the Russian car that was pursuing him?
6. What does Pitt learn when he calls Weehawken Marine Products?
7. What happened to Jessie, Hagen and the Castros who were in Sloppy Joe's when the explosion occurred?
8. How does Clark die?
9. What does the President want Steinmetz to do before the Russians land on the moon?
10. How do the colonists defeat the Russians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The biographical information about the author that is in the book compares Cussler to Pitt. Argue whether Cussler's life does or not not nearly parallel the life of his fictional character, Pitt. Use examples from the novel to support your points.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "Cyclops", explain how Cussler uses cliffhangers to build tension in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Is the inciting force of the novel the La Dorada or when Jessie, Pitt, Gunn, and Giordino are downed with the Prosperteer? Or is the inciting force something else? Create arguments explaining what the inciting force is of the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)