|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Calvin Rooney attend medical school?
2. How many tons of coal can be carried by the Cyclops?
3. How many days have passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
4. Where does Chapter 1 take place?
5. When will the crew of the Jersey Colony return to Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Russians on Cayo Santa Maria?
2. Describe Velikov's study.
3. Why would it have been disastrous for the Prosperteer to collide with the Sonesta Beach Hotel?
4. What did the FBI learn about the bodies found on the blimp?
5. What odd events had the Cyclops encountered since leaving home port?
6. Why can't radioman Sparks call another ship?
7. Why was Dr. Calvin Rooney not happy about doing an autopsy on a victim of drug overdose?
8. Why does Hagen tell the President not to judge the men of the Inner Core too harshly?
9. Why should Jessie LeBaron have been careful not to offend Pitt?
10. Why does Jessie LeBaron say that the man found on the Prosperteer is not Raymond LeBaron?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether Cussler does or does not have any dynamic characters in the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the novel, argue whether Jessie did or did not know that Raymond killed Hans Kroenburg and stole La Dorada.
Essay Topic 3
Is the inciting force of the novel the La Dorada or when Jessie, Pitt, Gunn, and Giordino are downed with the Prosperteer? Or is the inciting force something else? Create arguments explaining what the inciting force is of the novel. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)