|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 40, how much longer does Pitt expect his motor to keep running?
(a) 25-30 minutes.
(b) 5-10 minutes.
(c) 15-20 minutes.
(d) 30-40 minutes.
2. Where did Jessie go to high school?
(a) In Iowa.
(b) In Montana.
(c) In Wyoming.
(d) In Michigan.
3. How old is the guard at the fourth checkpoint that Jessie, Pitt, and the taxi driver encounter?
(a) Maybe 17.
(b) About 18.
(c) Around 20.
(d) No more than 16.
4. How did Jessie meet Raymond?
(a) They met at a party.
(b) She was his secretary.
(c) They were introduced by mutual friends.
(d) She was a senior editor of the Prosperteer.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 40, how long has Pitt been on the water after escaping the Russian installation?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 20 hours.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a head start does Pitt believe he can gain after leaving the fourth checkpoint?
2. What type of car is driven by the Cuban taxi driver that Pitt and Jessie ride with?
3. What is the name of the tugboat that Jack is using to move boats out of the Havana harbor?
4. How far are Pitt, Manny, and the others from the shore when the tidal wave hits?
5. Where is the first place that Pitt is taken after his rescue by submarine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt learn when he calls Weehawken Marine Products?
2. Why doesn't Pitt rendezvous with the rest of the assault team back at the SPUT?
3. Why does Pitt decide that the ships are the bombs that the Russians intend to set off in Havana?
4. Why is the flight commander of the Gettysburg disturbed at the beginning of Chapter 54?
5. Why do the Soviets believe that the Cubans are responsible for the destruction of the communications center on Cayo Santa Maria?
6. What is a Dasher?
7. How did Raymond LeBaron die?
8. What does Raul Castro want Fidel Castro to do?
9. What does Jessie think she sees while she is sitting at the makeshift hospital waiting to have a cup of coffee with Sandecker and Giordino?
10. How is Velikov supposed to bring down the Gettysburg?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)