|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyev Maisky tell General Velikov his new mission will be?
(a) Kill the Americans.
(b) Assassinate Castro.
(c) Bring down the Gettysburg on Cuban soil.
(d) Repair the Prosperteer.
2. Who escapes from the Soviet communications center when Pitt and Quintana break in?
3. Who does Polevoi think is behind the raid on the communications center on Cayo Santa Maria?
(a) The Cubans.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The British.
4. Where are the moon colonists flown after landing at Key West Naval Base?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Walter Reed Medical Center.
(d) Kennedy Space Center.
5. Which lunar probe managed to return to earth after orbiting for eighteen months?
(a) Selenos 1.
(b) Selenos 4.
(c) Selenos 2.
(d) Selenos 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the briefing at Camp David, how much time does Hudson say there is until the colonists leave the moon?
2. From how far away do fire units come into Havana?
3. How much horsepower does the tugboat have that Jack is using to move boats out of the Havana harbor?
4. Where does Pitt get permission for the Gettysburg to land?
5. Where do Jessie and Pitt sleep when they get to Cuba?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Giordino throw the coffee cups that he was bringing to Sandecker and Jessie over his shoulder?
2. Why does Pitt decide that the ships are the bombs that the Russians intend to set off in Havana?
3. What does Jessie think she sees while she is sitting at the makeshift hospital waiting to have a cup of coffee with Sandecker and Giordino?
4. Why does the President accuse the Inner Core of murder?
5. What is a Dasher?
6. How does Clark die?
7. What may be the purpose of the Russian installation?
8. What does Raul Castro want Fidel Castro to do?
9. What is the Soviet's plan to make South and Central American solid extensions of the Soviet Union?
10. What does Pitt learn when he calls Weehawken Marine Products?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)