|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what time must the Prosperteer return?
(a) 1300 hours.
(b) 1600 hours.
(c) 1400 hours.
(d) 1200 hours.
2. At the beginning of the Prologue, how long before the Cyclops becomes a mass tomb?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 48 minutes.
3. Where is Pitt staying in Florida?
(b) Coral Gables.
(c) Pompano Beach.
4. Why do the Soviets wish to move up the date of the Rum and Cola operation?
(a) Because Pitt has escaped.
(b) Because of the successful launch of the Selenos 8.
(c) Because Fidel Castro is asking awkward questions.
(d) Because Raul Castro is becoming uncooperative.
5. When was the Cyclops built?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the President and his brother-in-law originally meet the man who interrupted the President's golf game?
2. What does Detective Victor like to do on the weekends?
3. When does the Selenos 8 launch?
4. What treasure did Raymond LeBaron believe was on the Cyclops?
5. Where does Hagen go after he leaves Albuquerque?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Unified Space Operations Center in Colorado Springs.
2. How was the Prosperteer prevented from crashing into the hotel?
3. How are the deaths of the bodies on the blimp similar to a case Rooney had fifteen years ago?
4. Why can't radioman Sparks call another ship?
5. How does Hagen get papers relating to the Inner Core from General Fisher?
6. What is El Dorado and La Dorada?
7. Why do Pitt and crew on the Prosperteer need to be back by 1400 hours?
8. Why does Hagen tell the President not to judge the men of the Inner Core too harshly?
9. Why should Jessie LeBaron have been careful not to offend Pitt?
10. Describe what Pitt finds when is escaping from the Russian installation.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)