|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blimp ground crew do while they wait for the blimp to return in Chapter 1?
(a) Walk down to the beach.
(b) Play volleyball.
(c) Head to a fast food place.
(d) Clean the hanger.
2. When the three men and Jessie reach the shore, how long has it been since they escaped from the wrecked control car?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
3. How old was Steinmetz when he set foot on the moon?
4. What is the date of the Washington Post that is on Velikov's desk in his study?
(a) Five days ago.
(b) Today's date.
(c) Two days ago.
(d) Three days ago.
5. As Jessie and the men struggle to walk on the island, they find a massive iron gate. What shape are the bars welded into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giordino weigh?
2. Where does Hagen go after he leaves Albuquerque?
3. How long have Giordino and Pitt been friends?
4. What is the name of LeBaron's blimp?
5. At the beginning of the Prologue, how long before the Cyclops becomes a mass tomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the FBI learn about the bodies found on the blimp?
2. What is the Jersey Colony?
3. What does Senator Dean Porter think about the "handshake in space"?
4. Why was Steinmetz chosen to lead the Jersey Colony?
5. Why did Pitt place a hair across his door when he escaped from his cell the first time?
6. Describe Velikov's study.
7. Why are the Russians on Cayo Santa Maria?
8. Why would it have been disastrous for the Prosperteer to collide with the Sonesta Beach Hotel?
9. Why should Jessie LeBaron have been careful not to offend Pitt?
10. Why does Hagen tell the President not to judge the men of the Inner Core too harshly?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)