|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Hilda Kronberg appear to be?
2. Which President placed Cuba off limits to Americans?
3. How close to the end of the runway does Jurgens touch the shuttle down?
(a) 38 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 13 feet.
(d) 47 feet.
4. How much of a head start does Pitt believe he can gain after leaving the fourth checkpoint?
(a) An hour.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
5. What is on some of the rocks near the lunar colony that the Soviets are walking around?
(a) Orange paint.
(b) Purple paint.
(c) Blue paint.
(d) Green paint.
6. What does Pitt pretend to be in order to get a chance to talk with Hilda Kronberg?
(a) An electrician.
(b) A plumber.
(c) A telephone repair man.
(d) A deliveryman for a flower company.
7. How high is the Pisto flung when the Amy Bigalow and Ozero Zaysan blow up?
(a) 200 feet.
(b) 150 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
8. How old was Sandecker when he made flag rank?
(a) Not yet 50.
(b) Almost 60.
(d) Not yet 40.
9. How close can the assault team, that is being led by Kleist, get to the island of Cayo Santa Maria?
(a) 7 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 3 miles.
10. What news does Gly bring Gunn and Giordino at the end of Chapter 50?
(a) That they are being moved to Cuba.
(b) That the search for them has been called off.
(c) That Jessie is dead.
(d) That Pitt is dead.
11. Why is the President awakened at one in the morning in Chapter 52?
(a) A coded transmission has been intercepted from the Soviets.
(b) The Selenos 8 is preparing to fire weapons.
(c) The Gettysburg has cast off.
(d) The mission to destroy the communication center on Cayo Santa Maria has been delayed.
12. Which lunar probe managed to return to earth after orbiting for eighteen months?
(a) Selenos 1.
(b) Selenos 2.
(c) Selenos 4.
(d) Selenos 3.
13. What does Lyev Maisky tell General Velikov his new mission will be?
(a) Assassinate Castro.
(b) Kill the Americans.
(c) Repair the Prosperteer.
(d) Bring down the Gettysburg on Cuban soil.
14. Who does Polevoi think is behind the raid on the communications center on Cayo Santa Maria?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The British.
(d) The Cubans.
15. What is the weather like when the President reaches Camp David?
(b) Early snow storm.
(c) Indian summer.
(d) Cold and cloudy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Major Borchev's men die in the fight with Clark's men?
2. What does Jack's crew on the tugboat use to kill the crew on the Ozero Baykai?
3. Where does Pitt get permission for the Gettysburg to land?
4. Where are the moon colonists flown after landing at Key West Naval Base?
5. How many alternative plans does Velikov create in case Rum and Cola fail?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)