|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pitt staying in Florida?
(c) Pompano Beach.
(d) Coral Gables.
2. What is Giordino's job at NUMA?
(a) Special projects director.
(b) Assistant projects director.
(c) Overseer of oceanographic projects.
(d) Assistant special projects director.
3. How old is the Cyclops?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 4 years old.
4. What is the date of the Washington Post that is on Velikov's desk in his study?
(a) Today's date.
(b) Five days ago.
(c) Two days ago.
(d) Three days ago.
5. Where did Eli Steinmetz get his undergraduate degree?
(b) UC Berkeley.
(d) Cal Tech.
6. When Pitt gains consciousness after being tortured by Gly, who is in his room helping him?
(b) Raymond LeBaron.
(c) Jessie LeBaron.
7. How much does the Russian-manned lunar station weigh?
(a) 80 tons.
(b) 220 tons.
(c) 110 tons.
(d) 175 tons.
8. What happens to Buck Caesar?
(a) Dies in the torture room.
(b) Strangled by Gly.
(c) Killed by sharks while trying to escape.
(d) Shot while trying to escape.
9. How long have Giordino and Pitt been friends?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 10 years.
10. What does Pitt use as a screwdriver to remove the screws holding the hinges to the wardrobe in his room on Cayo Santa Mano?
(a) A spring from the bed.
(b) The catch from his watchband.
(c) A fork from his dinner tray.
(d) A piece of metal from the frame of the window.
11. What type of an accent does Lieutenant Commander Worley have?
12. When does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) October 10, 1989.
(b) September 15, 1987.
(c) July 18, 1990.
(d) April 3, 1988.
13. Why do the Soviets wish to move up the date of the Rum and Cola operation?
(a) Because Fidel Castro is asking awkward questions.
(b) Because Pitt has escaped.
(c) Because Raul Castro is becoming uncooperative.
(d) Because of the successful launch of the Selenos 8.
14. What is the name of LeBaron's blimp?
(a) Spirit of Flight.
(b) Flying High.
15. How many men were in the Inner Core when it was established?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Pitt done to Gly when they worked on the same project?
2. What do the three men and Jessie smell inside the house they find on the island?
3. When does the Selenos 8 launch?
4. At the beginning of the Prologue, how long before the Cyclops becomes a mass tomb?
5. What is in the bundle that the three men doggedly haul with them from the Prosperteer?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)