|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the men who were found on the Prosperteer?
(a) Soviet cosmonauts.
(b) Cuban nationals.
(c) Escaped criminals.
(d) Native Americans.
2. What is the name of Sheriff Sweat's boat?
(a) The Office.
(b) Florida Comfort.
(c) Southern Comfort.
(d) Dade in the Water.
3. What is the name of LeBaron's blimp?
(b) Flying High.
(d) Spirit of Flight.
4. What is really in the package that Joe uses to threaten the President?
(a) A file about the colony.
(b) A bomb.
(c) Old newspapers.
(d) New golf balls.
5. In the Prologue, how many people are on the "Cyclops"?
6. Who was the executive officer on the Cyclops?
(a) Lieutenant John Church.
(b) Lieutenant Alex Brown.
(c) Lieutenant David Forbes.
(d) Lieutenant Brian Phillips.
7. Approximately how long has the black woman in the Dade County autopsy room been dead?
(a) About 24 hours.
(b) Less than 7 hours.
(c) About 2 hours.
(d) Less than 36 hours.
8. Who is going to pilot the Prosperteer?
(d) Jessie LeBaron.
9. At what time of day does Rooney finish his autopsy on the bodies found in the blimp?
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
10. In Chapter 16, what Soviet-manned lunar landing mission is planned to launch shortly?
(a) Selenos 6.
(b) Selenos. 5.
(c) Selenos 8.
(d) Selenos 7.
11. Who do the three men and Jessie see seated at a table in the house they find on the island?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) Raymond LeBaron.
(c) Buck Caesar.
(d) Raul Castro.
12. What is the name of Buck Caesar's salvage company?
(a) Underwater Expeditions.
(b) Exotic Artifact Ventures, Inc.
(c) The Treasure Adventurers
(d) Treasure Seekers.
13. What does Jessie call the house they find on the island?
(a) A geodesic dome.
(b) A movable dwelling.
(c) A subinsulator house.
(d) A berm house.
14. Why do the Soviets wish to move up the date of the Rum and Cola operation?
(a) Because Raul Castro is becoming uncooperative.
(b) Because of the successful launch of the Selenos 8.
(c) Because Pitt has escaped.
(d) Because Fidel Castro is asking awkward questions.
15. How many vessels named Cyclops does the voice activated computer at NUMA find during an initial search?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blimp ground crew do while they wait for the blimp to return in Chapter 1?
2. What type of an accent does Lieutenant Commander Worley have?
3. Where does Chapter 1 take place?
4. When does Chapter 1 take place?
5. Who kills the consul general?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)