|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is really in the package that Joe uses to threaten the President?
(a) Old newspapers.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A file about the colony.
(d) New golf balls.
2. What is the name of Buck Caesar's salvage company?
(a) Underwater Expeditions.
(b) Exotic Artifact Ventures, Inc.
(c) The Treasure Adventurers
(d) Treasure Seekers.
3. Who is going to pilot the Prosperteer?
(d) Jessie LeBaron.
4. How old was Lieutenant Church at the time of the Cyclops' last voyage?
5. How old is the Cyclops?
(a) 4 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 20 years old.
6. How many tons of lunar-soil materials does it take to make two hundred pounds of a bastard metal or five hundred pounds of glass?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 4 tons.
(c) 1 ton.
(d) 2 tons.
7. What had Pitt done to Gly when they worked on the same project?
(a) Disabled his airplane.
(b) Brained him with a wrench.
(c) Shot at him.
(d) Damaged his boat.
8. What is Pitt's father's occupation?
(a) California Congressman.
(b) California Senator.
9. How many cosmonaut deaths has the CIA recorded since the beginning of the Soviet space missions?
10. Where are they planning on repairing the starboard engine?
(a) San Diego.
11. At what time of day does Rooney finish his autopsy on the bodies found in the blimp?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
12. What is the date of the Washington Post that is on Velikov's desk in his study?
(a) Five days ago.
(b) Today's date.
(c) Three days ago.
(d) Two days ago.
13. When Pitt gains consciousness after being tortured by Gly, who is in his room helping him?
(b) Jessie LeBaron.
(d) Raymond LeBaron.
14. When does the starboard engine on the Cyclops break down?
(a) Shortly after departing Rio de Janeiro.
(b) Shortly after leaving the Caribbean.
(c) Around noon.
(d) Right before midnight.
15. What does Pitt decide to use when he escapes from the island?
(a) He repairs a small hole in an old boat.
(b) He uses the inflatable that brought them to the island.
(c) He lashes boards together to make a raft.
(d) An old bathtub for a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blimp ground crew do while they wait for the blimp to return in Chapter 1?
2. What do Steinmetz and his crew make from grapes?
3. What is the name of LeBaron's blimp?
4. What is the head wind when LeBaron flies the Prosperteer?
5. What does Detective Victor like to do on the weekends?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)