|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appointed Dillon Myer as Commissioner of Indian Affairs?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) President Eisenhower.
(c) President Nixon.
(d) President Truman.
2. What, according to the author at the end of chapter 1, should the government do about the Indians?
(a) Begin talks with the federal government on land rights.
(b) Establish a cultural leave-us-alone agreement.
(c) Establish a cultural inclusion policy.
(d) Pass laws removing all federal government from Indian proceedings.
3. What does the author believe is active in the private sector?
4. In the minds of most Indians, what is the best way to eradicate a species?
(a) Authorize Stewart Udall to conserve it.
(b) Let white America care for it.
(c) Hand it over to the care of the Interior Department.
(d) Put it in the care of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
5. Why did the Oglala Sioux become a favorite subject for study by anthropologists?
(a) Because of their unique way of life.
(b) Because of the art history.
(c) Because of their romantic past.
(d) Because of the vibrant present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like the missionaries, what have anthropologists become intolerably certain of?
2. How do most American Indians feels about taxes?
3. What other name is the Dawes Act known by?
4. What is the best way for tribes to handle their reservation conflicts?
5. Once Dillon Myer took over, what was the policy instated from Commissioner to field clerk regarding Indians?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)