|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella have in her hand when she enters in Act One?
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
(d) A door.
2. According to Taylor, where do people in India live?
(a) Under banana leaves.
(b) In mansions.
(c) Under the street.
(d) In shacks.
3. According to Emma, what runs in the family?
(c) Short fuses.
4. In the first Act, what does Ella tell Taylor Emma has?
(a) A disease.
(b) The curse.
(c) A temper.
(d) An attitude.
5. What color are the curtains and oilcloth in Act One?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma call Ella in Act One?
2. What piece of food does Emma use to describe Taylor?
3. Who is Emma?
4. What does Wesley smell in Act One?
5. What is Emma too young to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Emma think Taylor and Ella went in Act Two?
2. Why does Ella say Emma cannot leave the house?
3. What does Weston do to try and reconnect with his home and land in Act Three?
4. What is Emma doing at the beginning of Act Two?
5. Why do Ella and Emma argue about belonging to the "starving class" in Act One?
6. What alternate way does Ella suggest her husband can enter the house?
7. Why does Weston ask Wesley what he thinks of the house in Act Two?
8. According to Wesley, how does one poison a coyote?
9. Why does Wesley butcher the lamb?
10. What does Wesley do when he reenters in Act Three after cleaning up?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)