|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Ella say she falls asleep in Act One?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 1:00 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
2. What does the "intruder" take in Act One?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The front door.
(c) The groceries.
(d) The Packard.
3. Where should Emma never purchase sanitary napkins, according to Ella?
(a) The drug store.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A gas station bathroom.
4. What does Weston go to check on in Act One?
(a) His desert land.
(b) His second family.
(c) His job.
(d) His second house.
5. What directions are on Emma's cards?
(a) Cutting a frying chicken.
(b) Dressing properly.
(c) Building a door.
(d) Cutting a roasting pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella suggest Emma do instead of her list of jobs?
2. Who is Emma?
3. What are Emma's cards for?
4. In the first Act, what does Ella tell Taylor Emma has?
5. What type of uniform is Emma wearing in Act One?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella plan to get the money to go to Europe?
2. Why does Ella want to go to Europe in Act One?
3. Describe the setting of Act One.
4. What does Ella warn herself and Emma about in Act One concerning menstruation?
5. Why do Ella and Emma argue about belonging to the "starving class" in Act One?
6. Why does Ella call the cops in Act One?
7. Why does Weston not let Emma do his laundry?
8. What does Wesley tell Ella as she is cooking in Act One?
9. To whom does Weston plan to sell the house?
10. What news does Ella have about the house when she returns from meeting with Taylor in Act Two?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)