Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
2. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
3. Does Nurse Ratched punish McMurphy for the glass incident?
4. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
5. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
Essay Topic 1
Some patients on the ward are labels Chronics because they aren't ever going to leave the ward, but is this a reasonable idea? Do you think that some mental diseases cannot be cured? Why or why not? What kinds of symptoms/signs are incurable? Or can every person return to the outside world at one point or another?
Essay Topic 2
The many rebellions against Nurse Ratched show the characters' ability to take action when they want to, but are these rebellions the best idea? Why or why not? What are the benefits of these rebellions? What are the downsides? Can you think of any other way the characters could have dealt with the nurse's manipulations?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of who is the 'bull goose loony' comes up early in the story. What do you think the importance of this title is? Why do the two men vie for it? What other characters in the story might be good candidates for this title as well? What qualities do you think make up the definition of a bull goose loony?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)