Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
2. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
3. Does Nurse Ratched punish McMurphy for the glass incident?
4. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
5. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
Essay Topic 1
Some patients on the ward are labels Chronics because they aren't ever going to leave the ward, but is this a reasonable idea? Do you think that some mental diseases cannot be cured? Why or why not? What kinds of symptoms/signs are incurable? Or can every person return to the outside world at one point or another?
Essay Topic 2
Solitary confinement seems like one of the most horrible ways to be punished. It's used in prisons and in mental wards, after all. Why do you think this has been used as a tool of punishment for so long? Do you think it's effective? Why or why not? Are there certain people who benefit more from this seclusion than others? Why or why not? Is there a better way to punish someone?
Essay Topic 3
Harding is the character in the story that seems to be the most well-adjusted, aside from McMurphy. So, why do you think he is in the ward to begin with? Is he hiding from his wife or is he genuinely trying to change himself? Why do you think he has so many troubles with his wife in the first place? Why do you think Harding married his wife?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)