Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
2. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
3. Does Nurse Ratched punish McMurphy for the glass incident?
4. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
5. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
Essay Topic 1
Harding is the character in the story that seems to be the most well-adjusted, aside from McMurphy. So, why do you think he is in the ward to begin with? Is he hiding from his wife or is he genuinely trying to change himself? Why do you think he has so many troubles with his wife in the first place? Why do you think Harding married his wife?
Essay Topic 2
This novel is often seen as a scathing review of mental health in the United States, and in this sense, it's quite timeless. Though facilities have changed, do you think this novel presents an accurate representation of mental health facilities today? Why or why not? What things seem like they would never happen in today's world? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Randle McMurphy comes into the ward like a madman - which is interesting enough, given the circumstances. However, he's not crazy, at least, the reader isn't lead to believe so. However, at times, it does seem like he is someone that could benefit from therapy and even medications. Do you think McMurphy should be in the ward? Why or why not? Do you feel he needs professional help? Why or why not? Do you think McMurphy believes he needs any help at all? Why or why not?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)