Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
2. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
3. Does Nurse Ratched punish McMurphy for the glass incident?
4. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
5. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
Some patients on the ward are labels Chronics because they aren't ever going to leave the ward, but is this a reasonable idea? Do you think that some mental diseases cannot be cured? Why or why not? What kinds of symptoms/signs are incurable? Or can every person return to the outside world at one point or another?
Nurse Ratched runs the ward with a briskness and calmness that in enviable in many ways. However, this lack of feeling also seems to create a higher likelihood of manipulating others for her own gain. That said, do you feel Nurse Ratched might do well to have some time in a mental ward herself? Why or why not? What are her main power issues and communication issues which need to be altered in order for her to live a more loving life?
This novel is often seen as a scathing review of mental health in the United States, and in this sense, it's quite timeless. Though facilities have changed, do you think this novel presents an accurate representation of mental health facilities today? Why or why not? What things seem like they would never happen in today's world? Why or why not?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)