Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
2. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
3. Does Nurse Ratched punish McMurphy for the glass incident?
4. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
5. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
Solitary confinement seems like one of the most horrible ways to be punished. It's used in prisons and in mental wards, after all. Why do you think this has been used as a tool of punishment for so long? Do you think it's effective? Why or why not? Are there certain people who benefit more from this seclusion than others? Why or why not? Is there a better way to punish someone?
Chief Bromden doesn't realize just how big he is because of others in his life making him feel small. By the end of the book, do you feel Chief Bromden realizes his size? Why or why not? In what other ways does the Chief feel bigger? What actions demonstrate the way Chief's perception of himself and of his life has changed from the beginning of the novel?
The idea of who is the 'bull goose loony' comes up early in the story. What do you think the importance of this title is? Why do the two men vie for it? What other characters in the story might be good candidates for this title as well? What qualities do you think make up the definition of a bull goose loony?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)