|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
2. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
3. Does Nurse Ratched punish McMurphy for the glass incident?
4. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
5. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
Essay Topic 1
The question as to whether or not McMurphy is simply manipulating the men to get what he wants is something that begins to pull the group apart. In your opinion, do you think this is what McMurphy is trying to do? Why or why not? Would it be a bad thing in either case? In the end, what does McMurphy really 'win' in the ward as a result of his actions? Anything?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of who is the 'bull goose loony' comes up early in the story. What do you think the importance of this title is? Why do the two men vie for it? What other characters in the story might be good candidates for this title as well? What qualities do you think make up the definition of a bull goose loony?
Essay Topic 3
The patients of the ward all seem to have their own troubles and issues, but as a whole, they don't seem to be an unhappy bunch. Or do they? What signs do you see that point to the well being of the characters in this book? Which characters are more well adjusted than others? Why do you say this? Which characters are the least well adjusted? Why do you say this?
This section contains 1,570 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)