Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
2. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
3. Does Nurse Ratched punish McMurphy for the glass incident?
4. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
5. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
Some patients on the ward are labels Chronics because they aren't ever going to leave the ward, but is this a reasonable idea? Do you think that some mental diseases cannot be cured? Why or why not? What kinds of symptoms/signs are incurable? Or can every person return to the outside world at one point or another?
Chief Bromden is an interesting character in this story. Not only has he been in the ward for a long time, but he is also the one responsible for narrating the story. Pretending to be deaf and mute, he has access to more information than the other characters in the story. Why do you think Chief Broom, as he comes to be known, has pretended for so long? Why does he feel safe talking to McMurphy eventually? Do you think the staff knew of his charade? Why or why not?
When the Chief finally decides to speak, he chooses to speak to McMurphy. This is not the only person that McMurphy helps to open up. Why do you think the patients trust McMurphy? What qualities does he possess that make him a confidant? Do you think McMurphy is actually helping in the patients' respective recoveries? Why or why not?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)