Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
2. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
3. Does Nurse Ratched punish McMurphy for the glass incident?
4. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
5. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
Essay Topic 1
The trips the patients take seem to be the times when the patients are the happiest. Why do you think this is the case? Is it merely because of the change of scenery or because of the trips' activities? Do you think these trips were a good idea for the patients? Why or why not? Were these trips a good idea for the nurses who allowed them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The question as to whether or not McMurphy is simply manipulating the men to get what he wants is something that begins to pull the group apart. In your opinion, do you think this is what McMurphy is trying to do? Why or why not? Would it be a bad thing in either case? In the end, what does McMurphy really 'win' in the ward as a result of his actions? Anything?
Essay Topic 3
The many rebellions against Nurse Ratched show the characters' ability to take action when they want to, but are these rebellions the best idea? Why or why not? What are the benefits of these rebellions? What are the downsides? Can you think of any other way the characters could have dealt with the nurse's manipulations?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)