|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McMurphy declare that he wants?
(a) A drink
(b) A cigarette
(c) A woman
(d) A book
2. What does Nurse Ratched put away at the end of the meeting?
(a) A silver pen
(b) A piece of gum
(c) A paper
(d) Her folder
3. Who is completely silent during the meeting of the staff, at least at the beginning?
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) Nurse Ramsey
(d) Doctor Spivey
4. Who does McMurphy talk to when they arrive at the place of their excursion trip?
(a) The captain of the boat
(b) The lifeguard
(c) The waitress
(d) The curator
5. Who is the subject of the group meeting?
(b) Chief Bromden
6. What does Nurse Ratched reprimand McMurphy for not letting the aides do?
(a) Give him medication
(b) Bathe him
(c) Take his valuables
(d) Take him to another ward
7. What is EST, according to Harding?
(a) A new medication
(b) Electro Shock Therapy
(c) Eastern Standard Time
(d) The Disturbed ward
8. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
(a) The victim hit his head
(b) The victim didn't know how to swim
(c) The victim's fingers get caught in the drain
(d) The victim was held underwater
9. Who is allowed to be the meetings with the staff?
(d) Chief Bromden
10. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
(b) Day passes
(c) Card privileges
11. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
(a) The Kentucky Derby
(b) The World Cup
(c) The escape plan
(d) The World Series
12. What does McMurphy compare the group meeting to?
(a) A pecking party
(c) A boring class
(d) His last hospital stay
13. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
(a) Billy Bibbit
(c) Chief Bromden
14. Who comes to visit while the group of patients is at the library?
(b) Harding's wife
(c) The Chief's father
(d) Billy's mom
15. When do the lights go out on the ward?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did McMurphy come from?
2. What do the men begin to question as McMurphy continues to be rebellious?
3. What is another name for the narrator of the story?
4. What is another name the patients have for EST?
5. What makes McMurphy question his actions?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)