|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of McMurphy's nicknames?
(a) Ghengis Khan
(d) Towel man
2. Who finally raises their hand to help make for a majority?
(a) Nurse Ratched
(c) Chief Bromden
(d) A chronic
3. What do the men do until the lights go out in the ward?
(a) Watch TV
(b) Play cards
(c) Stare at the walls
(d) Play basketball
4. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Billy Bibbit
(b) Nurse Ratched
(d) Chief Bromden
5. How were the patients being tested for TB?
(a) Chest x-rays
(b) They had to cough
(c) Special MRIs
(d) Full exams
6. Who explodes irrationally at Harding?
(d) Nurse Ratched
7. Where does the Chief try to hide?
(a) The nurse's station
(b) In the broom cupboard
(c) Under his bed
(d) In the bathroom
8. Where does Nurse Ratched go as the men are sitting in front of the TV in silent protest?
(a) To the medication locker
(c) To the bathroom
(d) To the meeting room
9. Who are those who still have hope of being cured in the mental hospital?
(d) No one
10. How much does McMurphy bet the other men?
11. What are the men waiting around to do one Friday in the lab?
(a) Take their medications
(b) Get blood drawn
(c) Break the windows
(d) Get tested for TB
12. The day room is divided into how many sides?
13. Does McMurphy move the item in #40 as he says he can?
(a) He doesn't try
(b) He asks someone else to move it for him
14. What do the men begin to question as McMurphy continues to be rebellious?
(a) The logic of the rules at the hospital
(b) Harding's plans
(c) Nurse Ratched's uniforms
(d) McMurphy's motives
15. What are the men betting when they play cards?
(b) Poker chips
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the president of the Patient's Council?
2. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
3. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
4. What does Nurse Ratched put away at the end of the meeting?
5. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)