|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the lifeguard been at the hospital?
(a) 8 years and 8 months
(b) A month
(c) 3 days
(d) A decade
2. What does McMurphy do that flusters Nurse Ratched?
(a) Screams at her
(b) Hits her
(c) Flirts with her
(d) Walks around in a towel
3. What is bothering McMurphy now that he has gotten his way?
(a) He thinks it might have been too easy.
(b) He thinks he could do more.
(c) He thinks the other men are crazy
(d) He thinks he has too much responsibility now
4. What do the men do for an entire week when the World Series is supposed to be on?
(a) They play checkers
(b) They make a mess in the day room
(c) They scream and shout
(d) They sit and stare at the blank TV
5. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
(a) Break the windows
(b) Call a friend
(c) Talk with Nurse Ratched
(d) Sign himself out
6. What are the men waiting around to do one Friday in the lab?
(a) Get tested for TB
(b) Get blood drawn
(c) Break the windows
(d) Take their medications
7. The day room is divided into how many sides?
8. Where does the Chief try to hide?
(a) In the bathroom
(b) Under his bed
(c) The nurse's station
(d) In the broom cupboard
9. Who comes to visit while the group of patients is at the library?
(a) The Chief's father
(c) Billy's mom
(d) Harding's wife
10. What does Nurse Ratched remind McMurphy of?
(a) The terms of his stay
(b) His loud voice
(c) The rules
(d) His mother
11. What does McMurphy grab after #80?
(a) The nurse
(b) A bottle of pills
(c) A knife
(d) A pack of cigarettes
12. Who is the president of the Patient's Council?
(c) Nurse Ratched
13. What is the diagnosis that the staff come to that they will put McMurphy into the Disturbed ward for?
(a) Schizophrenic reaction
(c) Negative Oedipal
(d) Sociopath with depressive tendencies
14. Who is completely silent during the meeting of the staff, at least at the beginning?
(a) Doctor Spivey
(b) Nurse Ramsey
(c) Nurse Ratched
15. How were the patients being tested for TB?
(a) Full exams
(b) Special MRIs
(c) Chest x-rays
(d) They had to cough
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
2. When does the Group Meeting begin?
3. What is Chief Bromden sensitive to?
4. Who is the one person who votes with McMurphy in favor of the World Series?
5. What does McMurphy do as a result of the swimming trip?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)