|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the staff call McMurphy?
(a) A person to manipulate
(b) A joy
(d) A non-threat
2. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
(a) The World Series
(b) The World Cup
(c) The Kentucky Derby
(d) The escape plan
3. Who said that he would never make his mark as the head man of the crappers?
4. What is the diagnosis that the staff come to that they will put McMurphy into the Disturbed ward for?
(a) Negative Oedipal
(b) Schizophrenic reaction
(d) Sociopath with depressive tendencies
5. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
(a) Being a predator
(b) Being a cannibal
(c) Being a psychopath
(d) Being a lost cause
6. Who says the men are not brave men like McMurphy is?
(a) Nurse Ratched
(b) Billy Bibbit
7. Who is the subject of the group meeting?
(b) Chief Bromden
8. Who explodes irrationally at Harding?
(d) Nurse Ratched
9. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
(b) Billy Bibbit
10. Who are those who still have hope of being cured in the mental hospital?
(a) No one
11. How long has the lifeguard been at the hospital?
(a) 8 years and 8 months
(b) 3 days
(c) A month
(d) A decade
12. Where is Chief Bromden locked up?
(a) The bathroom
(b) Solitary confinement
(c) An examination room
(d) His room
13. What do Nurse Ratched and McMurphy battle about?
(a) The medication schedule
(b) The food
(c) The decorating scheme
(d) The volume of the radio
14. Who comes to visit while the group of patients is at the library?
(b) Billy's mom
(c) Harding's wife
(d) The Chief's father
15. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
(a) To the museum
(b) To a swimming pool
(c) To the river
(d) To a pizza parlor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
2. What is another name Chief Bromden uses for Nurse Ratched?
3. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
4. What is the color on the coffee cup that Chief Bromden can't believe is really Nurse Ratched's lipstick?
5. What does Nurse Ratched reprimand McMurphy for not letting the aides do?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)