|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
(a) To a swimming pool
(b) To the museum
(c) To a pizza parlor
(d) To the river
2. Are the men mad at McMurphy for his actions in #64's answer?
(a) They don't see a difference
(c) No, they are sad.
(d) They are relieved.
3. What is another name the patients have for EST?
(a) Shock Shop
(b) Electric Delight
(c) Brain Meltdown
(d) Quiet Buzz
4. For whom did Chief Bromden's father make the decision he did in #65?
(a) His friend
(b) His family
(c) His brother
(d) A woman
5. Harding and McMurphy banter to decide who the biggest ______________ is in the hospital.
(c) Bull goose loony
6. Who does Chief Bromden think is speeding up time and then slowing it down?
(c) The black boys
(d) Nurse Ratched
7. Where does the Chief try to hide?
(a) In the bathroom
(b) The nurse's station
(c) In the broom cupboard
(d) Under his bed
8. What does Nurse Ratched suggest has happened to McMurphy as he is singing in the hallway?
(a) He has been dared by the other men
(b) He is just being a pain
(c) He is crazy
(d) His clothes have been stolen
9. Who are the black boys?
(a) The morning cleaning crew
(d) The afternoon entertainment
10. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
(a) Chief Bromden
(b) Doctor Spivey
11. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
(a) Being a psychopath
(b) Being a predator
(c) Being a lost cause
(d) Being a cannibal
12. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
(a) The doctor
(b) The Combine
(c) The floors
(d) The EST
13. What does McMurphy declare that he wants?
(a) A book
(b) A drink
(c) A woman
(d) A cigarette
14. What do the men begin to question as McMurphy continues to be rebellious?
(a) Nurse Ratched's uniforms
(b) The logic of the rules at the hospital
(c) McMurphy's motives
(d) Harding's plans
15. What does McMurphy do when the World Series is on the next day?
(a) Screams and argues
(b) Talks to the doctor
(d) Sits and watches the blank TV
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does McMurphy talk to when they arrive at the place of their excursion trip?
2. What is the diagnosis that the staff come to that they will put McMurphy into the Disturbed ward for?
3. Where is Chief Bromden locked up?
4. Who is the narrator of this story?
5. What does Nurse Ratched give to Chief Bromden to calm him?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)