|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched remind McMurphy of?
(a) His loud voice
(b) The terms of his stay
(c) The rules
(d) His mother
2. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
(a) To a pizza parlor
(b) To the museum
(c) To a swimming pool
(d) To the river
3. What does Nurse Ratched give to Chief Bromden to calm him?
4. Are the men mad at McMurphy for his actions in #64's answer?
(a) They don't see a difference
(b) They are relieved.
(c) No, they are sad.
5. What makes McMurphy question his actions?
(a) A note from his mother
(b) His conscience
(d) Being comitted for life
6. Who is the new Admission?
(d) Billy Bibbit
7. What is EST, according to Harding?
(a) The Disturbed ward
(b) Eastern Standard Time
(c) Electro Shock Therapy
(d) A new medication
8. When does the novel begin?
9. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
(a) He will become an inspiration
(b) He will become a nuisance
(c) He will be forgotten
(d) He will be a martyr
10. What does Harding ask McMurphy after Harding's wife leaves?
(a) Whether she is as pretty as he thinks she is
(b) Whether McMurphy will kill her
(c) What McMurphy thinks of her
(d) Whether Harding should leave her
11. Who says the men are not brave men like McMurphy is?
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) Billy Bibbit
12. Who else does Nurse Ratched count in the vote that makes the current vote NOT in favor of the World Series?
(a) The Disturbed patients
(b) The Chronics
(c) The black boys
(d) The nurses
13. Who is completely silent during the meeting of the staff, at least at the beginning?
(a) Nurse Ramsey
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) Doctor Spivey
14. What does Nurse Ratched reprimand McMurphy for not letting the aides do?
(a) Bathe him
(b) Give him medication
(c) Take him to another ward
(d) Take his valuables
15. What does Harding have that no other patient has?
(a) A large bank account
(c) A college diploma
(d) Sociopathic tendencies
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the lights go out on the ward?
2. Does the extra vote in #44 help McMurphy win a chance to see the World Series?
3. Why does Nurse Ratched do what she does in #56?
4. Where does the staff want to send McMurphy?
5. What does McMurphy finally suggest he will move to escape which makes the men bet against him?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)