|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harding and McMurphy banter to decide who the biggest ______________ is in the hospital.
(a) Bull goose loony
2. Why is Chief Bromden in the meeting room?
(a) To help the staff with their policies
(b) To spy
(c) To represent the patients
(d) To clean up
3. Who are those whose brains have been altered beyond repair?
(b) New Admissions
4. What is the color on the coffee cup that Chief Bromden can't believe is really Nurse Ratched's lipstick?
5. What is one of McMurphy's nicknames?
(a) Towel man
(c) Ghengis Khan
6. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
(a) The Kentucky Derby
(b) The World Cup
(c) The World Series
(d) The escape plan
7. What makes McMurphy question his actions?
(b) His conscience
(c) A note from his mother
(d) Being comitted for life
8. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Chief Bromden
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) Billy Bibbit
9. Who finally raises their hand to help make for a majority?
(a) Nurse Ratched
(b) Chief Bromden
(d) A chronic
10. Where does Nurse Ratched go as the men are sitting in front of the TV in silent protest?
(a) To the bathroom
(b) To the medication locker
(d) To the meeting room
11. What does McMurphy do that flusters Nurse Ratched?
(a) Walks around in a towel
(b) Hits her
(c) Flirts with her
(d) Screams at her
12. Who is the overall winner of the card game?
13. Who explodes irrationally at Harding?
(d) Nurse Ratched
14. What does McMurphy grab after #80?
(a) A knife
(b) The nurse
(c) A pack of cigarettes
(d) A bottle of pills
15. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
(a) The doctor
(b) The Combine
(c) The floors
(d) The EST
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the diagnosis that the staff come to that they will put McMurphy into the Disturbed ward for?
2. Who comes to visit while the group of patients is at the library?
3. Who is allowed to be the meetings with the staff?
4. What does McMurphy do as a result of the swimming trip?
5. What are the men betting when they play cards?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)