|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Chief Bromden's father make the decision he did in #65?
(a) A woman
(b) His friend
(c) His brother
(d) His family
2. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
(b) Billy Bibbit
(c) Chief Bromden
3. Who are the black boys?
(a) The morning cleaning crew
(c) The afternoon entertainment
4. How were the patients being tested for TB?
(a) Full exams
(b) They had to cough
(c) Special MRIs
(d) Chest x-rays
5. Who explodes irrationally at Harding?
(d) Nurse Ratched
6. When does the novel begin?
7. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
(a) The victim hit his head
(b) The victim was held underwater
(c) The victim didn't know how to swim
(d) The victim's fingers get caught in the drain
8. What does Nurse Ratched give to Chief Bromden to calm him?
9. What does Harding have that no other patient has?
(a) A large bank account
(b) A college diploma
(d) Sociopathic tendencies
10. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
(c) Billy Bibbit
11. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
(b) Doctor Spivey
(c) Nurse Ratched
(d) His own father
12. What does McMurphy grab after #80?
(a) A bottle of pills
(b) A knife
(c) A pack of cigarettes
(d) The nurse
13. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
(a) Break the windows
(b) Talk with Nurse Ratched
(c) Call a friend
(d) Sign himself out
14. Why is Chief Bromden in the meeting room?
(a) To spy
(b) To clean up
(c) To represent the patients
(d) To help the staff with their policies
15. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
(a) The floors
(b) The EST
(c) The Combine
(d) The doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the narrator of the story?
2. What does McMurphy bet he can do in #24?
3. Where is Chief Bromden locked up?
4. Who is the one person who votes with McMurphy in favor of the World Series?
5. Who is the new Admission?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)