|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
(a) Nurse Ratched
(b) His own father
(c) Doctor Spivey
2. Why is Chief Bromden in the meeting room?
(a) To clean up
(b) To spy
(c) To help the staff with their policies
(d) To represent the patients
3. What does McMurphy do to get the attention of everyone?
(a) He strips
(b) He punches he hand through the glass window
(c) He sings
(d) He screams
4. Who are those who still have hope of being cured in the mental hospital?
(a) No one
5. Where does the Chief try to hide?
(a) In the broom cupboard
(b) In the bathroom
(c) Under his bed
(d) The nurse's station
6. What is another name for the narrator of the story?
(b) Big Nurse
(d) Chief Broom
7. Who does Chief Bromden think is speeding up time and then slowing it down?
(a) Nurse Ratched
(c) The black boys
8. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
(a) Billy Bibbit
9. Where does the staff want to send McMurphy?
(a) Back to prison
(b) Another hospital
(c) The Disturbed Ward
(d) Solitary confinement
10. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
(a) Doctor Spivey
(d) Chief Bromden
11. What does Nurse Ratched put away at the end of the meeting?
(a) A silver pen
(b) Her folder
(c) A piece of gum
(d) A paper
12. Who finally raises their hand to help make for a majority?
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) Chief Bromden
(d) A chronic
13. Who are the black boys?
(b) The morning cleaning crew
(d) The afternoon entertainment
14. What takes place over the course of a few days in the ward?
(a) A string of lobotomies
(b) A few new admits and releases
(c) A marathon Monopoly game
(d) A silence
15. What is one of McMurphy's nicknames?
(a) Ghengis Khan
(d) Towel man
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
2. What is McMurphy supposed to be doing during the time in #46?
3. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
4. What does Nurse Ratched reprimand McMurphy for not letting the aides do?
5. What makes McMurphy question his actions?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)