|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
(a) The victim's fingers get caught in the drain
(b) The victim didn't know how to swim
(c) The victim was held underwater
(d) The victim hit his head
2. What is EST, according to Harding?
(a) Electro Shock Therapy
(b) The Disturbed ward
(c) A new medication
(d) Eastern Standard Time
3. What have the men all found at the hospital?
(c) Free room and board
(d) Treatment that works
4. Who said that he would never make his mark as the head man of the crappers?
5. What does McMurphy do as a result of the swimming trip?
(a) Becomes even louder and more obnoxious
(b) Chokes Nurse Ratched
(c) Stops being loud and rebellious
(d) Tries to escape
6. When does the novel begin?
7. What is McMurphy doing when Nurse Ratched comes in the morning?
(a) Trying to escape
(c) Reading a book
(d) Singing loudly
8. How much does McMurphy bet the other men?
9. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
(a) Billy Bibbit
10. What is Nurse Ratched's reaction to the answer to #55?
(a) She ignores them
(b) She punishes half the men
(c) She takes time off
(d) She melts down
11. Where does Nurse Ratched go as the men are sitting in front of the TV in silent protest?
(a) To the meeting room
(b) To the medication locker
(c) To the bathroom
12. Harding and McMurphy banter to decide who the biggest ______________ is in the hospital.
(d) Bull goose loony
13. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
(a) Day passes
(c) Card privileges
14. When does the Group Meeting begin?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 1:30 p.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
15. What does McMurphy bet he can do in #24?
(a) Ruffle the feathers of Nurse Ratched
(b) Get released
(d) Get the men drunk
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people vote for the World Series on the second vote?
2. What is another name the patients have for EST?
3. What does McMurphy do when the World Series is on the next day?
4. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
5. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)