|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the men are not brave men like McMurphy is?
(a) Billy Bibbit
(c) Nurse Ratched
2. Why is Chief Bromden in the meeting room?
(a) To help the staff with their policies
(b) To represent the patients
(c) To spy
(d) To clean up
3. What is bothering McMurphy now that he has gotten his way?
(a) He thinks he has too much responsibility now
(b) He thinks the other men are crazy
(c) He thinks it might have been too easy.
(d) He thinks he could do more.
4. Harding and McMurphy banter to decide who the biggest ______________ is in the hospital.
(a) Bull goose loony
5. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
(a) The doctor
(b) The Combine
(c) The EST
(d) The floors
6. The day room is divided into how many sides?
7. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
(a) He will be a martyr
(b) He will be forgotten
(c) He will become a nuisance
(d) He will become an inspiration
8. Where does Nurse Ratched go as the men are sitting in front of the TV in silent protest?
(a) To the bathroom
(b) To the meeting room
(d) To the medication locker
9. What did Chief Bromden's father do when he realized he could not beat the system?
(a) Killed himself
(b) Learned to work with it
(c) Left the tribe
(d) Protested the arrangement
10. What is one of McMurphy's nicknames?
(a) Towel man
(c) Ghengis Khan
11. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
(a) Being a psychopath
(b) Being a lost cause
(c) Being a predator
(d) Being a cannibal
12. How many people vote for the World Series on the second vote?
13. What does McMurphy do that flusters Nurse Ratched?
(a) Walks around in a towel
(b) Screams at her
(c) Flirts with her
(d) Hits her
14. When do the lights go out on the ward?
(a) 7:30 p.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
15. What does McMurphy declare that he wants?
(a) A book
(b) A woman
(c) A cigarette
(d) A drink
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of this story?
2. Who comes to visit while the group of patients is at the library?
3. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
4. Who are the black boys?
5. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)