|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the staff want to send McMurphy?
(a) Another hospital
(b) Back to prison
(c) Solitary confinement
(d) The Disturbed Ward
2. Who is an epileptic?
(a) Mr. Sefelt
(b) Billy Bibbit
3. What does Nurse Ratched suggest has happened to McMurphy as he is singing in the hallway?
(a) He is just being a pain
(b) He has been dared by the other men
(c) He is crazy
(d) His clothes have been stolen
4. What does Nurse Ratched give to Chief Bromden to calm him?
5. Where does Nurse Ratched go as the men are sitting in front of the TV in silent protest?
(a) To the medication locker
(b) To the bathroom
(c) To the meeting room
6. When does the Group Meeting begin?
(a) 1:30 p.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
7. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
(a) He will be a martyr
(b) He will become an inspiration
(c) He will become a nuisance
(d) He will be forgotten
8. What is McMurphy doing when Nurse Ratched comes in the morning?
(a) Trying to escape
(b) Singing loudly
(c) Reading a book
9. What does McMurphy finally suggest he will move to escape which makes the men bet against him?
(a) The wire gate
(b) The metal control panel
(c) The concrete floor
(d) The nurse's station
10. What does McMurphy compare the group meeting to?
(b) His last hospital stay
(c) A boring class
(d) A pecking party
11. To what has McMurphy dedicated his life, according to him?
12. What does McMurphy declare that he wants?
(a) A woman
(b) A book
(c) A drink
(d) A cigarette
13. What does Nurse Ratched ask of the patients when she tells them about #76's punishment?
(a) If they can suggest something else more suitable
(b) If it's something McMurphy enjoys
(c) If it's fair
(d) If it's enough
14. Who is the subject of the group meeting?
(d) Chief Bromden
15. What does McMurphy do when the World Series is on the next day?
(a) Talks to the doctor
(b) Sits and watches the blank TV
(c) Screams and argues
Short Answer Questions
1. The day room is divided into how many sides?
2. Who does Chief Bromden think is speeding up time and then slowing it down?
3. Who is the new Admission?
4. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
5. Who is the president of the Patient's Council?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)