|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is EST, according to Harding?
(a) Eastern Standard Time
(b) Electro Shock Therapy
(c) A new medication
(d) The Disturbed ward
2. What does McMurphy compare the group meeting to?
(a) A boring class
(b) His last hospital stay
(d) A pecking party
3. The day room is divided into how many sides?
4. What have the men all found at the hospital?
(b) Treatment that works
(c) Free room and board
5. What does McMurphy declare that he wants?
(a) A book
(b) A drink
(c) A woman
(d) A cigarette
6. What does McMurphy bet he can do in #24?
(a) Ruffle the feathers of Nurse Ratched
(b) Get released
(c) Get the men drunk
7. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
(a) Day passes
(d) Card privileges
8. What do the men begin to question as McMurphy continues to be rebellious?
(a) Nurse Ratched's uniforms
(b) McMurphy's motives
(c) Harding's plans
(d) The logic of the rules at the hospital
9. Why is Chief Bromden in the meeting room?
(a) To spy
(b) To clean up
(c) To represent the patients
(d) To help the staff with their policies
10. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
(a) Billy Bibbit
(c) Chief Bromden
11. Who are the black boys?
(b) The afternoon entertainment
(d) The morning cleaning crew
12. Who does Chief Bromden think is speeding up time and then slowing it down?
(a) The black boys
(c) Nurse Ratched
13. What is another name for the narrator of the story?
(a) Chief Broom
(c) Big Nurse
14. Who said that he would never make his mark as the head man of the crappers?
15. Where did McMurphy come from?
(a) A school
(b) Another mental hospital
(c) A community lockup
(d) A prison work camp
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men waiting around to do one Friday in the lab?
2. How were the patients being tested for TB?
3. Who does McMurphy talk to when they arrive at the place of their excursion trip?
4. What is Nurse Ratched's reaction to the answer to #55?
5. What does Nurse Ratched put away at the end of the meeting?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)