|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Chief try to hide?
(a) Under his bed
(b) In the broom cupboard
(c) In the bathroom
(d) The nurse's station
2. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
(a) Billy Bibbit
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Nurse Ratched
(b) Chief Bromden
(c) Billy Bibbit
4. What is another name the patients have for EST?
(a) Quiet Buzz
(b) Brain Meltdown
(c) Electric Delight
(d) Shock Shop
5. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
(a) The doctor
(b) The EST
(c) The Combine
(d) The floors
6. When does the novel begin?
7. When does the Group Meeting begin?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 1:30 p.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
8. What is McMurphy doing when Nurse Ratched comes in the morning?
(a) Trying to escape
(b) Singing loudly
(c) Reading a book
9. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
(d) Billy Bibbit
10. What does McMurphy finally suggest he will move to escape which makes the men bet against him?
(a) The concrete floor
(b) The metal control panel
(c) The wire gate
(d) The nurse's station
11. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
(a) Sign himself out
(b) Call a friend
(c) Talk with Nurse Ratched
(d) Break the windows
12. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
(a) Day passes
(b) Card privileges
13. Who are the black boys?
(c) The morning cleaning crew
(d) The afternoon entertainment
14. Where did McMurphy come from?
(a) A school
(b) A prison work camp
(c) Another mental hospital
(d) A community lockup
15. What is bothering McMurphy now that he has gotten his way?
(a) He thinks he has too much responsibility now
(b) He thinks he could do more.
(c) He thinks it might have been too easy.
(d) He thinks the other men are crazy
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the lifeguard been at the hospital?
2. Who are those whose brains have been altered beyond repair?
3. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
4. What is the color on the coffee cup that Chief Bromden can't believe is really Nurse Ratched's lipstick?
5. What does McMurphy do when the World Series is on the next day?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)