|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did McMurphy come from?
(a) A prison work camp
(b) A community lockup
(c) Another mental hospital
(d) A school
2. What do the men do until the lights go out in the ward?
(a) Watch TV
(b) Play basketball
(c) Stare at the walls
(d) Play cards
3. Why does Nurse Ratched do what she does in #56?
(a) She is actually quite weak
(b) She needs to get away
(c) She is biding her time
(d) She wants to make an example of the men
4. How many people vote for the World Series on the second vote?
5. What takes place over the course of a few days in the ward?
(a) A few new admits and releases
(b) A marathon Monopoly game
(c) A string of lobotomies
(d) A silence
6. Does McMurphy move the item in #40 as he says he can?
(a) He asks someone else to move it for him
(b) He doesn't try
7. Where does the staff want to send McMurphy?
(a) Solitary confinement
(b) Back to prison
(c) The Disturbed Ward
(d) Another hospital
8. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
(a) Chief Bromden
(b) Doctor Spivey
9. What is one of McMurphy's nicknames?
(a) Ghengis Khan
(c) Towel man
10. Who are those whose brains have been altered beyond repair?
(d) New Admissions
11. What does McMurphy do as a result of the swimming trip?
(a) Tries to escape
(b) Stops being loud and rebellious
(c) Chokes Nurse Ratched
(d) Becomes even louder and more obnoxious
12. Who is the one who 'accidentally' drowns?
13. To what has McMurphy dedicated his life, according to him?
14. What does McMurphy do to get the attention of everyone?
(a) He sings
(b) He strips
(c) He punches he hand through the glass window
(d) He screams
15. When does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the narrator of the story?
2. Who is the president of the Patient's Council?
3. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
4. What is the color on the coffee cup that Chief Bromden can't believe is really Nurse Ratched's lipstick?
5. What are the men waiting around to do one Friday in the lab?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)