|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does McMurphy bet the other men?
2. When do the lights go out on the ward?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 7:30 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
3. Why is Chief Bromden in the meeting room?
(a) To help the staff with their policies
(b) To spy
(c) To clean up
(d) To represent the patients
4. What does Nurse Ratched reprimand McMurphy for not letting the aides do?
(a) Give him medication
(b) Take his valuables
(c) Take him to another ward
(d) Bathe him
5. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
(a) To a pizza parlor
(b) To a swimming pool
(c) To the river
(d) To the museum
6. Who does Chief Bromden think is speeding up time and then slowing it down?
(a) The black boys
(c) Nurse Ratched
7. What does McMurphy do as a result of the swimming trip?
(a) Becomes even louder and more obnoxious
(b) Tries to escape
(c) Stops being loud and rebellious
(d) Chokes Nurse Ratched
8. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
(a) The World Cup
(b) The World Series
(c) The escape plan
(d) The Kentucky Derby
9. What is another name Chief Bromden uses for Nurse Ratched?
(a) The Death
(b) Bossy Lady
(c) Big Nurse
(d) The Fog machine
10. How were the patients being tested for TB?
(a) Full exams
(b) Chest x-rays
(c) Special MRIs
(d) They had to cough
11. When does the Group Meeting begin?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 1:30 p.m.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 2:00 p.m.
12. Who comes to visit while the group of patients is at the library?
(a) Harding's wife
(c) The Chief's father
(d) Billy's mom
13. Where is Chief Bromden locked up?
(a) His room
(b) The bathroom
(c) Solitary confinement
(d) An examination room
14. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
(a) Being a cannibal
(b) Being a psychopath
(c) Being a predator
(d) Being a lost cause
15. Where does the Chief try to hide?
(a) In the broom cupboard
(b) Under his bed
(c) The nurse's station
(d) In the bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is completely silent during the meeting of the staff, at least at the beginning?
2. Why does Nurse Ratched do what she does in #56?
3. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
4. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
5. Are the men mad at McMurphy for his actions in #64's answer?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)