|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are those who still have hope of being cured in the mental hospital?
(c) No one
2. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) His own father
(d) Doctor Spivey
3. What do Nurse Ratched and McMurphy battle about?
(a) The volume of the radio
(b) The decorating scheme
(c) The food
(d) The medication schedule
4. When do the lights go out on the ward?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 9:30 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
5. Who is the subject of the group meeting?
(a) Chief Bromden
6. What are the men betting when they play cards?
(d) Poker chips
7. What is Chief Bromden sensitive to?
(a) Cleaning solutions
8. What do the men do for an entire week when the World Series is supposed to be on?
(a) They scream and shout
(b) They sit and stare at the blank TV
(c) They make a mess in the day room
(d) They play checkers
9. What is McMurphy supposed to be doing during the time in #46?
(a) Going to the Group Meeting
10. What does McMurphy bet he can do in #24?
(a) Get the men drunk
(b) Ruffle the feathers of Nurse Ratched
(c) Get released
11. What does Harding ask McMurphy after Harding's wife leaves?
(a) Whether she is as pretty as he thinks she is
(b) Whether Harding should leave her
(c) What McMurphy thinks of her
(d) Whether McMurphy will kill her
12. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
(a) The victim's fingers get caught in the drain
(b) The victim didn't know how to swim
(c) The victim was held underwater
(d) The victim hit his head
13. Who is an epileptic?
(a) Billy Bibbit
(c) Mr. Sefelt
14. What is another name Chief Bromden uses for Nurse Ratched?
(a) The Fog machine
(b) Bossy Lady
(c) Big Nurse
(d) The Death
15. What is bothering McMurphy now that he has gotten his way?
(a) He thinks he has too much responsibility now
(b) He thinks the other men are crazy
(c) He thinks he could do more.
(d) He thinks it might have been too easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched give to Chief Bromden to calm him?
2. Who says the men are not brave men like McMurphy is?
3. Does McMurphy move the item in #40 as he says he can?
4. What is one of McMurphy's nicknames?
5. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)