|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched put away at the end of the meeting?
(a) Her folder
(b) A paper
(c) A piece of gum
(d) A silver pen
2. What does McMurphy do to get the attention of everyone?
(a) He punches he hand through the glass window
(b) He strips
(c) He sings
(d) He screams
3. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
(a) Billy Bibbit
4. Where does the staff want to send McMurphy?
(a) The Disturbed Ward
(b) Another hospital
(c) Back to prison
(d) Solitary confinement
5. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
(a) Being a lost cause
(b) Being a psychopath
(c) Being a predator
(d) Being a cannibal
6. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
(a) The floors
(b) The doctor
(c) The Combine
(d) The EST
7. What does McMurphy grab after #80?
(a) A knife
(b) A bottle of pills
(c) The nurse
(d) A pack of cigarettes
8. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
(a) The Kentucky Derby
(b) The escape plan
(c) The World Cup
(d) The World Series
9. To what has McMurphy dedicated his life, according to him?
10. The majority of the men on the ward are not ________ cases.
11. The day room is divided into how many sides?
12. Who is an epileptic?
(b) Billy Bibbit
(c) Mr. Sefelt
13. What does McMurphy do that flusters Nurse Ratched?
(a) Screams at her
(b) Hits her
(c) Walks around in a towel
(d) Flirts with her
14. Are the men mad at McMurphy for his actions in #64's answer?
(a) They are relieved.
(c) They don't see a difference
(d) No, they are sad.
15. What is the diagnosis that the staff come to that they will put McMurphy into the Disturbed ward for?
(a) Schizophrenic reaction
(c) Negative Oedipal
(d) Sociopath with depressive tendencies
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are those who still have hope of being cured in the mental hospital?
2. Where does Nurse Ratched go as the men are sitting in front of the TV in silent protest?
3. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
4. What does McMurphy declare that he wants?
5. What is another name for the narrator of the story?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)