|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the staff call McMurphy?
(a) A joy
(b) A non-threat
(c) A person to manipulate
2. What do Nurse Ratched and McMurphy battle about?
(a) The decorating scheme
(b) The food
(c) The volume of the radio
(d) The medication schedule
3. What are the men betting when they play cards?
(c) Poker chips
4. What is McMurphy supposed to be doing during the time in #46?
(a) Going to the Group Meeting
5. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
(a) His own father
(b) Doctor Spivey
(d) Nurse Ratched
6. To what has McMurphy dedicated his life, according to him?
7. What are the men waiting around to do one Friday in the lab?
(a) Get tested for TB
(b) Take their medications
(c) Get blood drawn
(d) Break the windows
8. What do the men do until the lights go out in the ward?
(a) Play cards
(b) Play basketball
(c) Watch TV
(d) Stare at the walls
9. What is another name for the narrator of the story?
(b) Big Nurse
(d) Chief Broom
10. Who is an epileptic?
(a) Mr. Sefelt
(d) Billy Bibbit
11. When does the novel begin?
12. What does McMurphy do as a result of the swimming trip?
(a) Becomes even louder and more obnoxious
(b) Stops being loud and rebellious
(c) Chokes Nurse Ratched
(d) Tries to escape
13. How were the patients being tested for TB?
(a) Chest x-rays
(b) Full exams
(c) They had to cough
(d) Special MRIs
14. What does McMurphy bet he can do in #24?
(a) Get the men drunk
(b) Get released
(c) Ruffle the feathers of Nurse Ratched
15. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
(c) Day passes
(d) Card privileges
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did McMurphy come from?
2. Who explodes irrationally at Harding?
3. When do the lights go out on the ward?
4. What does McMurphy grab after #80?
5. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)