|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the overall winner of the card game?
2. What does McMurphy do to get the attention of everyone?
(a) He strips
(b) He screams
(c) He sings
(d) He punches he hand through the glass window
3. Who is the subject of the group meeting?
(a) Chief Bromden
4. What have the men all found at the hospital?
(c) Free room and board
(d) Treatment that works
5. What does McMurphy bet he can do in #24?
(b) Ruffle the feathers of Nurse Ratched
(c) Get the men drunk
(d) Get released
6. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
(d) Billy Bibbit
7. Who are the black boys?
(a) The afternoon entertainment
(b) The morning cleaning crew
8. To what has McMurphy dedicated his life, according to him?
9. When do the lights go out on the ward?
(a) 7:30 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 9:30 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
10. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
(a) To a pizza parlor
(b) To the museum
(c) To the river
(d) To a swimming pool
11. What is Chief Bromden sensitive to?
(d) Cleaning solutions
12. What is McMurphy doing when Nurse Ratched comes in the morning?
(a) Trying to escape
(b) Singing loudly
(c) Reading a book
13. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
(a) The escape plan
(b) The Kentucky Derby
(c) The World Cup
(d) The World Series
14. Where does Nurse Ratched go as the men are sitting in front of the TV in silent protest?
(a) To the bathroom
(b) To the meeting room
(c) To the medication locker
15. When does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Chief try to hide?
2. What is Nurse Ratched's reaction to the answer to #55?
3. What is the diagnosis that the staff come to that they will put McMurphy into the Disturbed ward for?
4. What does Nurse Ratched reprimand McMurphy for not letting the aides do?
5. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)