|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is McMurphy supposed to be doing during the time in #46?
(c) Going to the Group Meeting
2. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
(b) Billy Bibbit
(c) Chief Bromden
3. What does Nurse Ratched ask of the patients when she tells them about #76's punishment?
(a) If they can suggest something else more suitable
(b) If it's something McMurphy enjoys
(c) If it's enough
(d) If it's fair
4. What does Nurse Ratched remind McMurphy of?
(a) The terms of his stay
(b) His loud voice
(c) The rules
(d) His mother
5. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
(a) Sign himself out
(b) Call a friend
(c) Break the windows
(d) Talk with Nurse Ratched
6. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
(a) Billy Bibbit
7. What does Harding ask McMurphy after Harding's wife leaves?
(a) Whether Harding should leave her
(b) What McMurphy thinks of her
(c) Whether McMurphy will kill her
(d) Whether she is as pretty as he thinks she is
8. Who comes to visit while the group of patients is at the library?
(a) Harding's wife
(b) Billy's mom
(d) The Chief's father
9. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
(b) Card privileges
(d) Day passes
10. What do the men do for an entire week when the World Series is supposed to be on?
(a) They make a mess in the day room
(b) They scream and shout
(c) They play checkers
(d) They sit and stare at the blank TV
11. What do Nurse Ratched and McMurphy battle about?
(a) The medication schedule
(b) The volume of the radio
(c) The food
(d) The decorating scheme
12. What is the diagnosis that the staff come to that they will put McMurphy into the Disturbed ward for?
(b) Negative Oedipal
(c) Sociopath with depressive tendencies
(d) Schizophrenic reaction
13. What does Nurse Ratched put away at the end of the meeting?
(a) A piece of gum
(b) A paper
(c) A silver pen
(d) Her folder
14. What is Chief Bromden sensitive to?
(b) Cleaning solutions
15. What does McMurphy do that flusters Nurse Ratched?
(a) Hits her
(b) Walks around in a towel
(c) Flirts with her
(d) Screams at her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
2. Who is the one who 'accidentally' drowns?
3. Where does the Chief try to hide?
4. What does Harding have that no other patient has?
5. What is bothering McMurphy now that he has gotten his way?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)