* The narrator of the story is Chief Broom.
* Nurse Ratched flies into rage when she sees the black boys talking instead of cleaning.
* Nurse Ratched tells the staff to shave Chief Broom's head before breakfast.
* Chief Broom is locked into solitary confinement.
* McMurphy is admitted to the mental ward.
* There are two groups of patients - the Acutes and the Chronics.
* McMurphy and Harding banter over who is the bull goose loony.
* There is a Group Meeting that begins with Harding's sexual issues with his wife.
* McMurphy wins everyone's cigarettes while playing cards, but then lets them win them back.
* McMurphy is the first patient out of bed, singing and laughing.
* McMurphy threatens to drop his towel for Nurse Ratched when she asks him to not walk around in a towel.
* Nurse Ratched and McMurphy battle for control.
* McMurphy begins to plan to watch the World Series...
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)