• The narrator of the story is Chief Broom.
• Nurse Ratched flies into rage when she sees the black boys talking instead of cleaning.
• Nurse Ratched tells the staff to shave Chief Broom's head before breakfast.
• Chief Broom is locked into solitary confinement.
• McMurphy is admitted to the mental ward.
• There are two groups of patients - the Acutes and the Chronics.
• McMurphy and Harding banter over who is the bull goose loony.
• There is a Group Meeting that begins with Harding's sexual issues with his wife.
• McMurphy wins everyone's cigarettes while playing cards, but then lets them win them back.
• McMurphy is the first patient out of bed, singing and laughing.
• McMurphy threatens to drop his towel for Nurse Ratched when she asks him to not walk around in a towel.
• Nurse Ratched and McMurphy battle for control.
• McMurphy begins to plan to watch the World Series...
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)