Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1 Abstract
* The narrator of the story is Chief Broom.
* Nurse Ratched flies into rage when she sees the black boys talking instead of cleaning.
* Nurse Ratched tells the staff to shave Chief Broom's head before breakfast.
* Chief Broom is locked into solitary confinement.
* McMurphy is admitted to the mental ward.
* There are two groups of...
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)