|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oedipa recites the couplet from the play which mentions Trystero and Bortz and says the quote came from a pornographic version of the play which was held where?
(a) The Vatican.
(b) A Puritan settlement.
(d) San Francico.
2. What does Mucho offer to Oedipa before they leave the pizzeria?
(a) His forgiveness.
(b) A divorce.
3. What is Stanley Koteks doodling when Oedipa comes up to his desk?
(a) The sign of the Triads.
(b) The symbol of a cancelled postmark.
(c) The Yoyodyne symbol.
(d) The sign of the muted post horn.
4. What happens to Oedipa after she knocks on the door of Dr. Hilarius's office in Chapter 5?
(a) He takes her hostage.
(b) He gives her LSD.
(c) He begs her to run away with him.
(d) He makes love to her.
5. What is the name of the religious splinter group Bortz attributes to changing the pornographic version of the play?
(b) Thurn and Taxis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Oedipa returns to her hotel in Berkeley?
2. Who does Oedipa find at an all-night Mexican diner in San Francisco?
3. At Professor Bortz's house, Oedipa asks Bortz to tell her about the historical Wharfinger. Bortz sneers, saying he can only talk about __________.
4. What was the name of the author of the preface of the "Plays of Ford, Webster, Tourneur and Wharfinger," who Oedipa travels to the Cal State campus to find?
5. Tristero y Calavera set up his own postal system and called himself El Desheredado, which meant what?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)