|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Paranoids sing a song recounting how men like __________ seduce younger women?
(b) Humbert Humbert.
2. What is on the cover of the book she purchases at Zapf's Used Books?
(a) A WASTE symbol.
(b) A Skull.
(c) The Nefastis Machine.
(d) A Tristero.
3. In her investigations in Chapter 4, Oedipa goes to what kind of meeting at Yoyodyne?
4. What is the name of the auctioneer who will be crying the lots the day Oedipa goes?
(a) Luke Passion.
(b) Lone Passtime.
(c) Lorne Passering.
(d) Loren Passerine.
5. Bortz imagines one visionary militant addressing a group of Tristero members in a tavern to propose a merger with official postal couriers. What name does he give to this visionary?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Nefastis Machine do?
2. When Oedipa calls Emory Bortz, what does his wife Grace tell her Bortz is doing at the moment?
3. What scientific rule does the Nefastis Machine violate?
4. When Oedipa meets Mike Fallopian for the second time, he tells her it is difficult to find documentary proof of what?
5. Oedipa has a conversation in a bar with the wearer of the lapel pin, and he tells her he is a member of what group?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)