|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A young female graduate student reveals to Oedipa that ________ drowned himself in the Pacific Ocean two days ago.
2. What does Stanley Koteks ask Oedipa to look into at Yoyodyne when he thinks she is connected to the company?
(a) Smoking ban.
(b) Clause on patents.
(c) Clause on research.
(d) Mandatory teamwork.
3. Stanley Koteks tells Oedipa ________________ is a "symptom of the gutlessness of the whole society."
4. What is the name of the auctioneer who will be crying the lots the day Oedipa goes?
(a) Lorne Passering.
(b) Luke Passion.
(c) Lone Passtime.
(d) Loren Passerine.
5. What does Mucho offer to Oedipa before they leave the pizzeria?
(c) His forgiveness.
(d) A divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oedipa's hotel room in the Berkeley hills contains a reproduction of whose painting?
2. When Oedipa calls Emory Bortz, what does his wife Grace tell her Bortz is doing at the moment?
3. In Oedipa's search for the source text for the Jacobean revenge play , the publisher sends her to a warehouse in what city?
4. In Chapter 4, who does Oedipa tell Stanley Koteks she is?
5. According to Stanley Koteks, who are the only ones who can work the Nefastis Machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the campus of Cal State different from when Oedipa was in college?
2. What is the story behind the founding of Inamorati Anonymous?
3. In addition to visiting John Nefastis, why does Oedipa need to go to Berkeley?
4. Why does Oedipa think it is possible that her search for Tristero may be a hoax created by Pierce Inverarity?
5. What is the story behind the religious splinter group known as the Scurvhamites that Professor Bortz tells Oedipa about?
6. According to Jesus Arrabal, what is the miracle of Inverarity?
7. What is significant about the fact that the founder of Tristero, Hernando Joaquin de Tristero y Calavera, called himself The Disinherited?
8. Why are WASTE mail boxes located under freeways?
9. What does the historical marker that Oedipa remembers seeing at Fangoso Lagoons commemorate?
10. What is meant by Oedipa seeing Genghis Cohen, the philatelist, framed in a long succession of doorways?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)