|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Genghis Cohen informs Oedipa that a mysterious new bidder requested to view the stamps in lot 49, but the request was denied for what reason?
(a) He was in prison.
(b) The agent refused to give the bidder's name.
(c) He refused to give his credit card number.
(d) The agent was on the list of prohibited bidders.
2. As Oedipa walks around the college campus in Chapter 5, she realizes her education made her what?
(a) Unfit for protests.
(b) Unfit for this world.
(c) Unfit for deciphering texts.
(d) Unfit for being a sensitive.
3. Who does Oedipa tell Stanley Koteks sent her to him as she comes upon him doodling at his desk at Yoyodyne?
4. Who does Oedipa dream about as she sleeps in the hotel in Berkeley?
5. Stanley Koteks tells Oedipa ________________ is a "symptom of the gutlessness of the whole society."
Short Answer Questions
1. Oedipa flees Berkley in Chapter 5 and finds herself on a freeway at rush hour, heading for _________.
2. The San Francisco tourist wearing the lapel pin advises Oedipa to write his group's founder through the ____ system.
3. Bortz leads Oedipa into a study to view woodcut illustrations from the pornographic version of the play. What does she see hovering in the background of the obscene images?
4. Who does Oedipa find in a pseudo-Mexican apartment building in Berkeley?
5. In Chapter 5, it is explained that the equations for the entropy of heat-engines coincidentally resemble the equations for what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)