|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oedipa try to call from a phone booth before she heads to the bookstore?
2. As Oedipa sits in the apartment in Berkeley concentrating and awaiting the demon's message, what is on the TV?
(a) Metzger's movie.
(b) News about China.
(c) News about Viet Nam.
3. Bortz leads Oedipa into a study to view woodcut illustrations from the pornographic version of the play. What does she see hovering in the background of the obscene images?
(b) WASTE symbol.
4. According to Stanley Koteks, who are the only ones who can work the Nefastis Machine?
5. What is the name of the home for senior citizens that Oedipa visits?
(a) Vestibule House.
(b) Vesperhaven House.
(c) Vespers House.
(d) Haven House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oedipa's hotel room in the Berkeley hills contains a reproduction of whose painting?
2. Genghis Cohen told Oedipa, during their discussion about the meanings behind the stamps, that he had never heard of an _______ year tradition of postal fraud.
3. What happens when Oedipa returns to her hotel in Berkeley?
4. What is the purpose of the group as explained by the tourist wearing the lapel pin?
5. What does Mucho offer to Oedipa before they leave the pizzeria?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)