|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Metzger know that Oedipa went to Mexico with Inverarity?
(a) Inverarity wrote a song about it.
(b) Inverarity listed it in his will.
(c) Inverarity wrote Metzger a letter.
(d) Inverarity listed it as a business expense.
2. Fallopian tells Metzger that what two ideas are part of the same creeping horror?
(a) Industrial capitalism and Communism.
(b) Democracy and Industrial capitalism.
(c) Industrial capitalism and Marxism.
(d) Communism and Marxism.
3. Who is Randolph Driblette?
(a) Director of the Jacobean revenge play.
(b) Leader of the Peter Pinguid Society.
(c) Author of the Jacobean revenge play.
(d) Leader of the Paranoids.
4. What did Inverarity tell Metzger about Oedipa?
(a) He said she was easy to talk to.
(b) He said she would be easy.
(c) He said she would have an easy time being executor.
(d) He said she wouldn't be easy.
5. Who accompanies Oedipa and Metzger to Fangoso Lagoons for the day?
(a) Mucho Maas.
(b) Richard Wharfinger.
(c) Mike Fallopian and his girlfriend.
(d) The Paranoids and their girlfriends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fangoso Lagoons?
2. What does Oedipa tell Dr. Hilarius that she doesn't trust?
3. As she prepares to play a game with Metzger, what begins careening around the bathroom of Oedipa's motel room at Echo Courts?
4. What is the actual first name of Oedipa's husband, Mucho Maas?
5. What song do the Paranoids play for Oedipa and Metzger the first night in the motel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the metaphor Oedipa is referring to about The Trystero and the costumes of historical figures?
2. As she is losing the game of Strip Botticelli, what does Oedipa remove first?
3. According to Mike Fallopian, what eventually happened to Peter Pinguid?
4. How did Mucho Maas feel about the used cars his customers brought in for trade-in?
5. What is Mike Fallopian trying to prove in his history of private mail delivery in the U.S.?
6. What do the Paranoids set outside the door of Oedipa's room?
7. How is the sign advertising the Echo Courts in the likeness of Marilyn Monroe?
8. Why is the introduction of the Yoyodyne mail deliverer at The Scope important to the plot of The Crying of Lot 49?
9. Where did Tony Jaguar get the bones that he sold to Beaconsfield Cigarettes?
10. Why does the moment Oedipa sees San Narciso from a hilltop have a religious quality to her?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)