|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oedipa returns to Echo Courts to find the Paranoids in shock because _________ ran off with one of their girlfriends.
(c) Humbert Humbert.
2. Who does Oedipa try to call from a phone booth before she heads to the bookstore?
3. What happens when Oedipa returns to her hotel in Berkeley?
(a) She finds Mucho waiting in her room.
(b) A young man waltzes her around the ballroom.
(c) She sees the ghost of Inverarity.
(d) She sleeps wtih John Nefastis.
4. Oedipa has a conversation in a bar with the wearer of the lapel pin, and he tells her he is a member of what group?
(a) Love Annonymors.
(b) Inamorati Anonymous.
(c) Thurn and Tassis.
(d) Immorality Anonymous.
5. After losing noble patronage, the majority of Tristero members fled to where during 1849-50?
6. Bortz hands Oedipa an ancient book about the _________ travels of Dr. Diocletian Blobb.
7. When Oedipa visits Genghis Cohen for the first time, what does he give her to drink?
(a) Dandelion vodka.
(b) Dandelion wine.
(c) German wine.
(d) German vodka.
8. When Mucho interviews Oedipa after she leaves Dr. Hilarius's office, what name does her call her?
(a) Edna Mosh.
(b) His Oedy.
(c) Sweetie Pie.
(d) Oedipa Maas.
9. What does Oedipa see on an airmail stamp with a jet flying by the Capital dome that is on the letter the old drunk asks her to mail?
(a) A suspicious black figure on top of the dome.
(b) A dead badger on top of the dome.
(c) A suspicious black figure flying the plane.
(d) A WASTE symbol on the plane.
10. When Oedipa meets Mike Fallopian for the second time, he tells her it is difficult to find documentary proof of what?
(a) Acts of true kindness.
(b) The Trystero.
(c) The Second Law of Thermodynamics.
(d) Attacks on mail carriers.
11. Why does Oedipa return to Kinneret to see Dr. Hilarius?
(a) To see if she is suffering from psychosis.
(b) To get hallucinogenic drugs.
(c) To tell him she longer wants to be his patient.
(d) To get tranquilzers.
12. Bortz suggests to Oedipa that Tristero might have caused ______ simply in order to issue the Proclamation of the 9th Frimaire, An III, ending the sanctioned postal monopoly.
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) The Black Plague.
(d) The Bolshevik Revolution.
13. What is the name of the home for senior citizens that Oedipa visits?
(a) Vesperhaven House.
(b) Vestibule House.
(c) Vespers House.
(d) Haven House.
14. Tristero y Calavera set up his own postal system and called himself El Desheredado, which meant what?
(a) The Desperate.
(b) The Disenfranchised.
(c) The Disinherited.
(d) The Dangerous.
15. Genghis Cohen shows Oedipa an old German stamp with Thurn and Taxis printed on it which has a special symbol in each corner. He suggests that the extra mark on the symbol is a ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the time period that brought the creation of The Tristero organization, what was the name of the organization that ran the sanctioned mail routes?
2. Which of the following is NOT a place that Oedipa encountered the WASTE symbol?
3. What is on the cover of the book she purchases at Zapf's Used Books?
4. How many errors did Genghis Cohen find in the stamp collection Oedipa showed him?
5. Mucho's boss, Funch, says Mucho is losing his identity and becoming more ________.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)