|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is striking to Oedipa about the street plan of San Narciso?
(a) They remind her of home.
(b) They contain a concealed message.
(c) The street signs spell out a message.
(d) They look confusing to drive.
2. Oedipa compares the initial contact with _____________ to a performance where the costumes of historical figuration are thickly layered.
(a) The Tretero.
(b) The Tristero.
(c) The Transmissions.
(d) The Transmitters.
3. Despite a lack of specific facts, what does Mike Fallopian say took place in 1864?
(a) The first anti-communist rally in America.
(b) The first military confrontation between Iran and America.
(c) The first military confrontation between Russia and America.
(d) The first secret postal service.
4. What does Oedipa tell Dr. Hilarius that she doesn't trust?
(a) Pills nor psycho babble.
(b) Pills nor the doctor.
5. As Oedipa parks her car at the Echo Courts, what idea does she remember?
(a) Words to a song she can't remember.
(b) Her last words to Inverarity whirling around her.
(c) A slow whirlwind and words she couldn't hear.
(d) Her last words to Mucho before she left.
6. Oedipa protests to Metzger at the end of the play that she's Republican, and she's not motivated by a desire to right wrongs, but simply by ____________.
7. What is the name of the movie Metzger starred in as a child?
(a) Cash Only.
8. What is in the pond at the center of Fangoso Lagoons?
(a) Famous fountains coming out of sunken ships.
(b) Fragments of old Disney Land rides.
(c) Fragments of sunken galleons and Atlantean columns.
(d) Fragments of missiles with the name Yoyodyne, Inc. lettered on each nose cone.
9. Metzger objects that if Mike Fallopian's hero was anti-Communist he could not also be against ______________.
(b) Industrial capitalism.
(d) Postal service.
10. What is the name of Dr. Hilarius' s face number 37, which is the face children often use for taunting?
11. What does Oedipa use to fend off the advances of the manager of the Echo Courts Motel?
(a) A candelabra.
(b) A TV remote.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A TV antenna.
12. When Oedipa questions him about the play, Driblette launches into a diatribe against the obsession with texts, saying people are like __________ making a literal interpretation of the Bible.
13. What is on the island in the middle of the artificial lake at Fangoso Lagoons?
(a) A skyscraper.
(b) A European cruise ship.
(c) A European pleasure-casino.
(d) A clubhouse.
14. What is on the huge sign advertising the Echo Courts Motel?
(a) A nymph holding a white blossom.
(b) Echo, the god of wind.
(c) A huge cavern in the side of a mountain.
(d) Athena, the goddess of love.
15. In a letter from a legal firm, what does Pierce Inverarity request Oedipa do for him?
(a) Be sole proprietor for his business.
(b) Inherit his estate.
(c) Be godmother to his children.
(d) Be executor of his estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the members of Mike Fallopian's group use on the sly?
2. What is Fangoso Lagoons?
3. What did Inverarity tell Metzger about Oedipa?
4. The rock group, The Paranoids, is a take off on what famous band?
5. Who accompanies Oedipa and Metzger to Fangoso Lagoons for the day?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)