|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music is played at the bar near the Yoyodyne plant?
2. As the novel begins, Mrs. Oedipa Maas arrives home from where?
(a) A bar.
(b) A Tupperware party.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A psychiatrist appointment.
3. When Oedipa goes backstage, Driblette tells her that words are like what?
(a) Bones that must be given life.
(b) Flesh that must be given life.
(c) Bones that must be buried.
(d) Flesh that must be buried.
4. After thinking about Inverarity for the afternoon in Chapter 1, what does Oedipa suddenly remember?
(a) A three a.m. phone call last year from Inverarity.
(b) A letter last year from Inverarity.
(c) An urgent phone call from Inverarity asking her for help.
(d) A marriage proposal from Inverarity.
5. What kind of game does Metzger suggest he and Oedipa play in the motel room at Echo Courts?
(a) A game of Botticelli cards.
(b) A game of strip poker.
(c) A game of strip Botticelli.
(d) A game of poker.
6. After Oedipa has lunch with her lawyer, what does he ask her to do?
(a) Go to a motel.
(b) Pay the bill.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Run away with him.
7. As Oedipa parks her car at the Echo Courts, what idea does she remember?
(a) Words to a song she can't remember.
(b) Her last words to Mucho before she left.
(c) A slow whirlwind and words she couldn't hear.
(d) Her last words to Inverarity whirling around her.
8. After hearing about his work in Chapter 1, Oedipa tells Mucho that he is too ___________?
9. How did Oedipa know Pierce Inverarity?
(a) He was her brother.
(b) He was her ex-husband.
(c) He was her lawyer.
(d) He was a former lover.
10. What was the previous occupation of Mucho Mass?
(a) Used car salesman.
(b) Radio station disc jockey.
(c) Real estate mogul.
11. What is the occupation of Mucho Maas?
(a) Used car salesman.
(b) Real estate mogul.
(c) Radio station disc jockey.
12. What is on the island in the middle of the artificial lake at Fangoso Lagoons?
(a) A European pleasure-casino.
(b) A skyscraper.
(c) A clubhouse.
(d) A European cruise ship.
13. What will Oedipa have revelations about as she completes her task for Pierce Inverarity?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Life after death.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) A magical presence.
14. What does fangoso mean in Spanish?
(d) Fan dance.
15. Oedipa protests to Metzger at the end of the play that she's Republican, and she's not motivated by a desire to right wrongs, but simply by ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the actor who will play Metzger in a pilot for a TV series?
2. As she prepares to play a game with Metzger, what begins careening around the bathroom of Oedipa's motel room at Echo Courts?
3. What is the name of the movie Metzger starred in as a child?
4. What does Driblette tell Oedipa he found at Zapf's Used Books?
5. Metzger objects that if Mike Fallopian's hero was anti-Communist he could not also be against ______________.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)