|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a long ago trip with Pierce Inverarity, where did Oedipa see an exhibition of paintings by Remedios Varo ?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(b) Mexico City.
2. What is the occupation of Mucho Maas?
(b) Radio station disc jockey.
(c) Used car salesman.
(d) Real estate mogul.
3. What reaction does Oedipa have to what Inverarity said about her to Metzger?
(a) She slaps Metzger.
(b) She kisses Metzger.
(c) She begins to laugh.
(d) She begins to cry.
4. What is Metzger's current occupation?
(b) Real estate mogul.
(c) Disc jockey.
5. Metzger objects that if Mike Fallopian's hero was anti-Communist he could not also be against ______________.
(a) Industrial capitalism.
(d) Postal service.
6. After Oedipa has lunch with her lawyer, what does he ask her to do?
(a) Go to a motel.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Pay the bill.
(d) Sleep with him.
7. What is the reason for Tony Jaguar's lawsuit against Pierce Inverarity?
(a) He claims Inverarity never gave him a shipment for which he had paid in advance.
(b) He claims that Inveraity made false statement about him.
(c) He claims that he was never paid for a shipment of drugs.
(d) He claims that he was never paid for a shipment of bones.
8. What is the name of the movie Metzger starred in as a child?
(d) Cash Only.
9. What type of business is Hogan's Seraglio in downtown San Narciso?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A resturant.
(d) A Turkish bath.
10. Who saves Oedipa, Metzger and their friends after they are stranded on the island in the middle of Fangoso Lagoons?
(a) San Narciso Police.
(b) Inverarity's Security Force.
(c) Fangoso Lagoons Security Force.
(d) Fangoso Lagoons Diving Team.
11. What is on the huge sign advertising the Echo Courts Motel?
(a) Echo, the god of wind.
(b) A nymph holding a white blossom.
(c) Athena, the goddess of love.
(d) A huge cavern in the side of a mountain.
12. What is at the center of the intricate plot of the play Oedipa and Metzger go to see?
(a) Trouble with the leadership of the local mafia.
(b) American GI's who perished during World War II.
(c) A postal monopoly throughout the Holy Roman Empire.
(d) Corruption throughout the Holy Roman Empire.
13. What does fangoso mean in Spanish?
(c) Fan dance.
14. What is the name of the town where Oedipa and Mucho live?
15. What is striking to Oedipa about the street plan of San Narciso?
(a) They look confusing to drive.
(b) The street signs spell out a message.
(c) They remind her of home.
(d) They contain a concealed message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Oedipa have revelations about as she completes her task for Pierce Inverarity?
2. What song do the Paranoids play for Oedipa and Metzger the first night in the motel?
3. What is the name of the group that Mike Fallopian talks about to Oedipa and Metzger?
4. What is on the island in the middle of the artificial lake at Fangoso Lagoons?
5. What kind of music is played at the bar near the Yoyodyne plant?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)