|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the members of Mike Fallopian's group use on the sly?
(a) Yoyodyne's inter-office delivery system.
(b) Inverarity's money.
(c) Yoyodyne's office supplies.
(d) Inverarity's name and image.
2. What does Metzger complain about when Oedipa tells him she is going backstage after the play?
(a) Boring plays.
(b) Liberated women.
(c) Long lines.
(d) Bad acting.
3. What does Oedipa tell Dr. Hilarius that she doesn't trust?
(a) Pills nor psycho babble.
(d) Pills nor the doctor.
4. After receiving Inverarity's letter, which of the following does Oedipa NOT do for the afternoon?
(a) Work in her garden.
(b) Mix cocktails.
(c) Call friends.
(d) Read book reviews.
5. What is Metzger's current occupation?
(c) Real estate mogul.
(d) Disc jockey.
6. What happens when a heavy, pale young man carrying a mail sack appears in the doorway of the bar where Oedipa and Metzger are talking to Mike Fallopian?
(a) He climbs up on the bar, and starts shooting into the crowd.
(b) He climbs up on the bar and starts throwing envelopes into the crowd.
(c) He yells "Fire!" and everyone runs.
(d) He starts an argument with Mike Fallopian.
7. Who or what in particular does Oedipa compare herself to?
(a) A modern Cinderella.
(b) A modern Rapunzel.
(c) A modern fairytale.
(d) A Monet painting.
8. What does Mucho Maas suffer from on a regular basis?
(a) A crisis of conscience.
(b) Acute consciousness.
(c) A crisis of sadness.
9. What has Oedipa noticed about her life before she embarks on her journey?
(a) A lack of intensity.
(b) A lack of romance.
(c) A lot of stress.
(d) A lack of adventure.
10. What is the name of the group that Mike Fallopian talks about to Oedipa and Metzger?
(a) Pete Seger Society.
(b) Civil War Civilians.
(c) Peter Pinguid Society.
11. What does San Narciso remind Oedipa of as she views it from a hilltop?
(a) Her hometown of Kinneret.
(b) A postcard of San Francisco.
(c) A circuit card she once saw in a transistor radio.
(d) The song "I Want to Kiss Your Feet."
12. Who is the television character that Oedipa's lawyer is writing about?
(a) JR Ewing.
(b) Perry Mason.
(c) Ben Matlock.
(d) Tyler Perry.
13. What does Driblette tell Oedipa he found at Zapf's Used Books?
(a) An anthology entitled Jacobean Revenge Plays.
(b) A copy of the Trystero.
(c) A copy of the Bible.
(d) An anthology entitled Real Revenge Plays.
14. As Oedipa parks her car at the Echo Courts, what idea does she remember?
(a) Words to a song she can't remember.
(b) Her last words to Mucho before she left.
(c) Her last words to Inverarity whirling around her.
(d) A slow whirlwind and words she couldn't hear.
15. What does Mucho advise Oedipa to do after she shows him the letter regarding Pierce Inverarity?
(a) Have a drink.
(b) Contact their lawyer.
(c) Call Inverarity's wife.
(d) Go see her shrink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Oedipa have revelations about as she completes her task for Pierce Inverarity?
2. What does Oedipa use to fend off the advances of the manager of the Echo Courts Motel?
3. What kind of music is played at the bar near the Yoyodyne plant?
4. Despite a lack of specific facts, what does Mike Fallopian say took place in 1864?
5. Pierce Inverarity was a _____________?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)