|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Metzger complain about when Oedipa tells him she is going backstage after the play?
(a) Long lines.
(b) Liberated women.
(c) Boring plays.
(d) Bad acting.
2. Dr. Hilarius's insistence that Oedipa take part in the experiment reminds Oedipa of what?
(a) Her Uncle Sal.
(b) Military recruiting posters with Uncle Sam.
(c) Military recruiting posters with a marine.
(d) Her father's poster collection.
3. As Oedipa parks her car at the Echo Courts, what idea does she remember?
(a) Words to a song she can't remember.
(b) Her last words to Inverarity whirling around her.
(c) A slow whirlwind and words she couldn't hear.
(d) Her last words to Mucho before she left.
4. What is the huge complex surrounded by barbed-wire-topped fence, its entrance flanked by sixty-foot missiles with the name Yoyodyne, Inc. lettered on each nose cone, that Oedipa passes as she drives into San Narciso?
(a) The postal delivery division of a company in which Pierce owned shares.
(b) The movie company owned by Metger.
(c) The Galactronics Division of a company in which Pierce owned shares.
(d) The Galactronics Division of a company in which Mucho owned shares.
5. What is the name of the theater where Metzger and Oedipa see the Jacobean revenge play?
(a) Inverarity Theater.
(b) Time Theater.
(c) Tank Theater.
(d) San Narciso Theater.
6. Under what name did Metzger perform when he was a child actor?
(a) Baby Jane.
(b) Baby Joe.
(c) Baby Igor.
(d) Baby Love.
7. What does Mucho advise Oedipa to do after she shows him the letter regarding Pierce Inverarity?
(a) Call Inverarity's wife.
(b) Contact their lawyer.
(c) Go see her shrink.
(d) Have a drink.
8. After hearing about his work in Chapter 1, Oedipa tells Mucho that he is too ___________?
9. What song do the Paranoids play for Oedipa and Metzger the first night in the motel?
10. What choice does Oedipa make in regard to Dr. Hilarius, even though she recognizes there will never be a way to know if she is cured?
(a) To go off the medication.
(b) Not to leave her "shrink ."
(c) To go on medication.
(d) To find another "shrink."
11. Who is the television character that Oedipa's lawyer is writing about?
(a) JR Ewing.
(b) Tyler Perry.
(c) Perry Mason.
(d) Ben Matlock.
12. What does Metzger tell Oedipa about Beaconsfield Cigarettes?
(a) Inverarity owned a 51% interest in the filter process.
(b) Inverarity owned a 51% interest in the filter-free process.
(c) Inverarity owned a 51% interest in the cancer research.
(d) Inverarity owned a 51% interest in the tabacco process.
13. What was the previous occupation of Mucho Mass?
(a) Real estate mogul.
(c) Used car salesman.
(d) Radio station disc jockey.
14. Where does Metzger come upon the actor who plays him in the TV pilot while exploring Fangoso Lagoons?
(a) He is hiding under a roller coaster in a skin-diving suit.
(b) He is disguised as a woman.
(c) He is hiding under a tarp in a skin-diving suit.
(d) He is disguised as one of the Paranoids
15. Despite a lack of specific facts, what does Mike Fallopian say took place in 1864?
(a) The first secret postal service.
(b) The first military confrontation between Iran and America.
(c) The first military confrontation between Russia and America.
(d) The first anti-communist rally in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Beaconsfield Cigarettes?
2. What does San Narciso remind Oedipa of as she views it from a hilltop?
3. What is the name of the movie Metzger starred in as a child?
4. What does Oedipa see scribbled on the wall of the ladies' room at the bar she is in with Metzger and Mike Fallopian?
5. What is Metzger's current occupation?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)