Short Essay Questions Key
1. When did Pierce Inverarity die?
Pierce Inverarity died in the spring.
2. What was strange about Pierce Inverarity's call to Oedipa a year ago?
Pierce spoke with several kooky impersonated voices during his 3 a.m. phone call to Oedipa.
3. In his phone call to Oedipa a year ago, what did Pierce Inverarity say about Mucho?
Pierce told Oedipa on the phone that it was time Wendell Maas had a visit from 'The Shadow.'
4. How did Mucho Maas feel about the used cars his customers brought in for trade-in?
Mucho was saddened by the cars' rusted parts and debris-filled interiors which revealed the pathetic lives of their owners.
5. What is the larger setting of The Crying of Lot 49?
The setting of The Crying of Lot 49 is the United States in the era of the counter-culture, the 1960s, when experimentation with psychedelic drugs was rife, and identity crises pervasive.
This section contains 3,577 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)