Short Answer Questions Key
1. As the novel begins, Mrs. Oedipa Maas arrives home from where?
A Tupperware party.
2. How did Oedipa know Pierce Inverarity?
He was a former lover.
3. In a letter from a legal firm, what does Pierce Inverarity request Oedipa do for him?
Be executor of his estate.
4. Pierce Inverarity was a _____________?
Real estate mogul.
5. After receiving Inverarity's letter, which of the following does Oedipa NOT do for the afternoon?
6. After thinking about Inverarity for the afternoon in Chapter 1, what does Oedipa suddenly remember?
A three a.m. phone call last year from Inverarity.
This section contains 5,231 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)